Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Airline Status Match Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2015, 4:11 am

Programs: GOLD: AZ....maybe :-P
Originally Posted by Epicura
Same here, altough I still have some time left to figure this one out.

Could you share the double miles promo from EY? I'm afraid I have missed this.

Furthermore, I tend to write or call AA because I don't think that it was intentional to exclude EY Z-fares from any earnings.

I can fully understand that they don't want to grant bonus miles for Z vs bonus miles for I or J, but it's not very logical that one would earn 0 miles for Z, which is still more expensive than a regular ticket in coach (or even discounted tickets in coach). For the latter one still would earn 100% of the miles flown.
Here you are

http://bonusmiles.eyworkflow.com/?CI...=&utm_content=
Old Jan 10, 2015, 4:17 am

Originally Posted by KiteM
Thx but did you notice the T&C?

*Terms & Conditions: This offer is only open to Etihad Guest members travelling in Business or First cabins. Bonus miles are offered on all flights booked between 29 December until 31 January for travel between 5 January and 31 March 2015.

Flight had to be booked after 29/12. Mine is scheduled for April 30 so neither lucky on that.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 4:30 am

Originally Posted by Epicura
Thx but did you notice the T&C?

*Terms & Conditions: This offer is only open to Etihad Guest members travelling in Business or First cabins. Bonus miles are offered on all flights booked between 29 December until 31 January for travel between 5 January and 31 March 2015.

Flight had to be booked after 29/12. Mine is scheduled for April 30 so neither lucky on that.
Oh sh*t..... Always forget to read the T&C

So no doubt now..... Will crédit them to AB
Old Jan 11, 2015, 1:24 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Any recommendations/sucesses for matching KLM Gold (skyteam) to a european airline in each of
o Skyteam
o Oneworld ( I fly inside Europe with BA now but have no status in oneworld)
o Star Alliance
Old Jan 11, 2015, 7:19 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by scubaccr
Any recommendations/sucesses for matching KLM Gold (skyteam) to a european airline in each of
o Skyteam
o Oneworld ( I fly inside Europe with BA now but have no status in oneworld)
o Star Alliance
Turkish for star alliance
Air Berlin for OW
Old Jan 11, 2015, 2:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
I just received the same email and I answered them (as per they request).

How long did it takes for you to be upgraded?
I received email offering match at 4pm, I replied immediately that I accept the match offer, and at 8pm received email that I was gold!

They matched my GulfAir Gold status (matched with my A3 Gold status).
Did they (air Berlin ) match you just by you sending a copy of your Gulfair gold card or did you send a statement of your flights with gulf air? Or did you send a copy of another frequent flier card?

Waiting for my A3 card to match with TK........
Yes... Unfortunately many have had this problem with the delay... But there goes the saying "don't look a gift horse in the mouth"!
Old Jan 11, 2015, 2:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
Smile

Originally Posted by kauppias
Since many airlines only match once you might want to plan accordingly instead of hoarding them all at once... Ie why would you match to three star golds at once?

If you play it right you can get status to last longer
Well, if after your status match expires, you could always open a new frequent flier account with the same airline, and ask again for the status match - you will probably have to use a different email address.
Old Jan 11, 2015, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by benberg2013
Did they (air Berlin ) match you just by you sending a copy of your Gulfair gold card or did you send a statement of your flights with gulf air? Or did you send a copy of another frequent flier card
Just sent copy of the gulf card.
Never flown with them
Old Jan 11, 2015, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Well, if after your status match expires, you could always open a new frequent flier account with the same airline, and ask again for the status match - you will probably have to use a different email address.
You probably need new mailing address as well. Since most airlines don't cancel membership then you will need a tons of physical addresses for them to send you your new cards.
Old Jan 11, 2015, 4:45 pm
Suspended

Just sent copy of the gulf card.
Never flown with them
Wow! thats quite strange, because they refused to match my status with my aegean gold, even though i had around 40 flights on the years statement which i sent them, and then just like that they match you to gold by a copy of your gulf air gold card, without any flights!

Last edited by benberg2013; Jan 11, 2015 at 4:57 pm
Old Jan 11, 2015, 4:56 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by nacho
You probably need new mailing address as well. Since most airlines don't cancel membership then you will need a tons of physical addresses for them to send you your new cards.
When I asked Hilton for a match for my silver Marriott, they offered me fast track to gold (5 stays or 10 nights within 90 days - which is only offered once in a lifetime). When 90 days past, without those requirements being met, i opened another account, with a different email address, and a different mailing address, then asked for a match from my silver marriott, and again was given fast track to gold. I asked if in the meantime they could give me silver as a proper match, they replied yes, and gave me silver. Right after I got silver, I changed the address on my new account to the same as the one on my old account.
So even if you are right that you have to put a new mailing address for registration, or until you get the match, you can always put in a friend's address temporarily, and then change it after registration or after receiving the match.
All this depends on how desperate you would be for the match!!

(And by the way, i recently signed up for the UK Hilton credit card, which automatically gives the card holder silver status, so i didn't gain much)

I also remember seeing (i think somewhere in this thread) that Turkish will match again to gold - even if you have been matched before!
Old Jan 11, 2015, 5:07 pm
Suspended

And KiteM - you can now add to your flyertalk profile - "program affiliates" - Air Berlin Gold.
Old Jan 11, 2015, 11:47 pm

Wow! thats quite strange, because they refused to match my status with my aegean gold, even though i had around 40 flights on the years statement which i sent them, and then just like that they match you to gold by a copy of your gulf air gold card, without any flights!
They don't match Aegean gold.
You have to:
- Ask Gulfair to match your Aegean gold
- Ask AirBerlin to match your Gulfair gold

And KiteM - you can now add to your flyertalk profile - "program affiliates" - Air Berlin Gold.
Not yet received their confirmation email.

I replied them immediately but received this automatic reply

Dear customer,

we have received your e-mail dated Fr 9. Jan 2015, 22:59. Due to an increased volume of incoming e-mails, it may take some waiting time to receive a response to your request.
And on their website my account is still Classic.

So, I hope they'll do it today
Old Jan 12, 2015, 1:41 am
Suspended

They don't match Aegean gold.
You have to:
- Ask Gulfair to match your Aegean gold
- Ask AirBerlin to match your Gulfair gold
Yes - I was just noting how strange that is, that they match Gulf air gold without any flight statements, but don't match Aegean gold even though I sent them a year's statement with over 40 flights!
The reason why Air Berlin (or any airline for that matter) would status match is because you have elite status with another airline, so obviously you would prefer to fly with that other airline, so in order to encourage you to fly Air Berlin as well, they give you elite status too.
Now if someone shows them that he flies Aegean and other Star alliance flights many times a year, Air Berlin should see that as a challenge, so they should match - but they don't, but suddenly when someone shows them a Gulf air gold card, even without proof of any flights, they match it (when they could assume that maybe he got it as a special promotion or because of a credit card etc.).
And besides, the Aegean destinations are much more similar to the Air Berlin destinations, which Air Berlin should see as a challenge, and give matches to Aegean gold customers who will prefer to fly Aegean (or other Star Alliance members) and get 4 free upgrades a year when flying Aegean, etc. whereas Gulf air who are based in Bahrain - their destinations is far less similar to Air Berlin in order to be seen a challenge to Air Berlin.
So, why Air Berlin give matches for Gulf Air gold and not Aegean gold just baffles me!
(Unless I am mistaken, and there are other motives for giving status matches - but I can't think of any - what would those be?)
Old Jan 12, 2015, 2:44 am

Yes - I was just noting how strange that is, that they match Gulf air gold without any flight statements, but don't match Aegean gold even though I sent them a year's statement with over 40 flights!
The reason why Air Berlin (or any airline for that matter) would status match is because you have elite status with another airline, so obviously you would prefer to fly with that other airline, so in order to encourage you to fly Air Berlin as well, they give you elite status too.
Now if someone shows them that he flies Aegean and other Star alliance flights many times a year, Air Berlin should see that as a challenge, so they should match - but they don't, but suddenly when someone shows them a Gulf air gold card, even without proof of any flights, they match it (when they could assume that maybe he got it as a special promotion or because of a credit card etc.).
And besides, the Aegean destinations are much more similar to the Air Berlin destinations, which Air Berlin should see as a challenge, and give matches to Aegean gold customers who will prefer to fly Aegean (or other Star Alliance members) and get 4 free upgrades a year when flying Aegean, etc. whereas Gulf air who are based in Bahrain - their destinations is far less similar to Air Berlin in order to be seen a challenge to Air Berlin.
So, why Air Berlin give matches for Gulf Air gold and not Aegean gold just baffles me!
(Unless I am mistaken, and there are other motives for giving status matches - but I can't think of any - what would those be?)
I completely agree with you....that' weird.
Probably AB thinks it's harder to become gold on GulfAir rather than Aegean.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.