Reload this Page >

Airline Status Match Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Airline Status Match Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2012, 1:58 pm

Programs: WoH Globalist, AA Platinum Pro, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver, Hertz Prez's Circle
Originally Posted by flashware
TK don't seem to be matching Skyteam status, only OneWorld and *Alliance.
Thanks a lot! Good data point! If I try to get them to match Skyteam, I'll let everyone know on this thread.

Does anyone know of airlines matching KL/AF Flying Blue Platinum to their top tier or 75K threshold?
Old Oct 22, 2012, 8:24 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
I could use this information as well. I am lifetime PLT on AA but the last of the MM'er eVPs are expiring on 2/13 and could use a top tier status match as well.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 11:47 am

Programs: US Platinum
US to AA Status Match?

Hi Guys,

I am Platinum on US and my company has me doing more work in DFW these days. Since March I have flown LAX to PHX to DFW on US and been upgraded every time both ways.

However, AA seems to have a lil better pricing and non-stops. Any chance of getting a status match? Will I have to do a challenge to keep the status? What AA status is comparable to Platinum US? What are my chances of getting upgraded LAX to DFW?

Thanks in advance for your help!!
Old Oct 23, 2012, 7:10 pm

Originally Posted by Iluv1stClass
Hi Guys,

I am Platinum on US and my company has me doing more work in DFW these days. Since March I have flown LAX to PHX to DFW on US and been upgraded every time both ways.

However, AA seems to have a lil better pricing and non-stops. Any chance of getting a status match? Will I have to do a challenge to keep the status? What AA status is comparable to Platinum US? What are my chances of getting upgraded LAX to DFW?

Thanks in advance for your help!!
Your company might have a status match available through their contract. Otherwise, you can do a status challenge.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 7:13 pm

Programs: US Platinum
I looked for status challenge info and couldn't find any. Do you know where they DL challenge page is?
Old Oct 23, 2012, 8:22 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Iluv1stClass
I looked for status challenge info and couldn't find any. Do you know where they DL challenge page is?
For AA, call them up - they have a status challenge program. $120 to sign up for challenge to Gold (equivalent to US Silver) and $240 for Platinum (equivalent to US Gold). You have to fly 5000 EQPoints for Gold, 10K for Platinum in 90 days. Keep in mind that's POINTS and discounted economy fares are only 0.5EQP per mile. So on deep discount fares, you'll have to fly 20,000 miles for Platinum.

You can only start a challenge on the 1st or 16th of a month.

As for DL -- https://www.delta.com/planning_reser...atus_match.jsp
Old Oct 27, 2012, 8:41 am

Programs: AF FB Plat, EK Gold, EY Gold, UA 1er Plat, TK elite, CX silver,A/club plat, Hhonnors gold,BW diamond
Originally Posted by Yarhead
Hi Y'all,

How do I keep my Platinum (75K qualification level) status going through 2013 and beyond by matching to a different FF program now?

I currently am Platinum with KL/AF Flying Blue until March 2013. I will not requalify (for any elite level). I'd like to keep top tier (or 75K threshold level) status on *any* *A/OW/ST carrier for at least the rest of 2013, if not longer.

I understand that TK is matching at the mid-tier level, and I'm looking at them. I have already used AS's mid-tier match and likely will not requalify with them.

But are there any top-ish tier straight up matches that could possibly work? Again, I'll go with *any* alliance-affiliated airline. Just want to keep the status/potential match opportunity going for the future, when I may fly more.

Any insight is appreciated. Safe travels!
For flying blue match:

try United (match to premier platinum) or turkish (match to gold) for star alliance. try Cathay (match to silver generally) for one world. Emirates make a match status too in this moment for one year but skyward send your request in france desk (or local desk)... and in france it's difficult...
AA= challenge (match only for delta medaillon ou UA 1k)

British airways: i dont' know make a match status ( i dont' test and donc have email ok executive club)
Old Oct 30, 2012, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by offcm
For flying blue match:

try United (match to premier platinum) or turkish (match to gold) for star alliance. try Cathay (match to silver generally) for one world. Emirates make a match status too in this moment for one year but skyward send your request in france desk (or local desk)... and in france it's difficult...

British airways: i dont' know make a match status ( i dont' test and donc have email ok executive club)

I am AF/KL FB PE, and United only offered me a challenge to their Premier. And only to Gold, not to Plat.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 9:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by welltravelled88
I am AF/KL FB PE, and United only offered me a challenge to their Premier. And only to Gold, not to Plat.
From my point of view, UA seems bit 'stingy' in their matching program
Old Nov 1, 2012, 11:56 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold, TK Elite Card, AF Gold Medallion
I figured I'd give a quick recap of my recent UA to TK status match. I had UA Premier Gold status in 2012 from flying in 2011, but had only flown 8 segments and ~7500 EQMs in 2012. I emailed TK with a scan of my UA Premier Gold Card and screen shot of current account statement on October 7. TK emailed a response on October 10 stating that my TK account had been updated to "Elite Card" status. I finally received my TK "Elite Card" card in the mail on October 26. The card is valid through October 2014.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 9:42 pm

Programs: AF FB Plat, EK Gold, EY Gold, UA 1er Plat, TK elite, CX silver,A/club plat, Hhonnors gold,BW diamond
Originally Posted by offcm
For flying blue match:

for me it's good (status match in july) fb platinum to united premier platinum
but AA only offred me a challenge... catay a silver status... and no match for S7, BA, IB, finnair and royal jordanian...
but for star allaince try turkish airlines... they match for 2 years... if you want fly with united and use a turkish card for lounge access and others star alliances facilities...
Old Nov 6, 2012, 8:19 am

Programs: AA Plt-Lite 2MM,HH Gld, MR Plat
If I try a status match with United as a AA Plat, what level would United typically offer?
Old Nov 6, 2012, 8:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton GLD, Marriott Plat, NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by sbc94523
If I try a status match with United as a AA Plat, what level would United typically offer?
Gold.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 8:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by rbAA
I could use this information as well. I am lifetime PLT on AA but the last of the MM'er eVPs are expiring on 2/13 and could use a top tier status match as well.
As a non top tier on AA, why would you expect to be matched to Top Tier on another carrier?
Old Nov 8, 2012, 4:06 am

Programs: Oneworld sapphire (IB)
Turkish gave me a *Alliance gold card this September for 3 years.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.