Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Airline Status Match Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2012, 8:10 am

Status Match

Hi guys,

I'm currently Gold with SQ, but I've become a bit fed up with their offerings. What are some airlines that are currently offering status match, in particular in Asia, Europe, or North America?

Thanks in advance!
Old Sep 2, 2012, 11:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton GLD, Marriott Plat, NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by TheSOS
Hi guys,

I'm currently Gold with SQ, but I've become a bit fed up with their offerings. What are some airlines that are currently offering status match, in particular in Asia, Europe, or North America?

Thanks in advance!
Uh... That spans a good chunk of the globe. Where are you based and what are you looking for?
Old Sep 3, 2012, 1:44 am

Programs: QFF Plat, OZ*G, HH Gold
Originally Posted by TheSOS
Hi guys,

Thanks in advance!
If you are SQ Gold, don't limit yourself to the programs that do matches. You can still enjoy the benefit of Star Alliance Gold while building status on others.

Having said that, if your SQ Gold is about to expire, try TK. They are pretty generous with status matches, and valid for two years
Old Sep 5, 2012, 11:00 pm

Programs: nowadays: dl pm, formerly: hp plat/us cp/aa exp, nw plat
Originally Posted by mia
...and you are correct that US Airways is not included. You will need to search in the DL forum to see if there are exceptions or alternate programs for other carriers.
I just burned up my once in a lifetime Delta status match/challenge. I used the form on their website and e-mailed a copy of my credentials to the address provided. I simply included a copy of my US Platinum card and asked to be matched to the "equivalent level." It took over two weeks for me to get the confirmation/welcome e-mail and for my Delta status to be properly reflected.

So, long story short, they granted me Delta Platinum Medallion for my US Platinum which is contrary to what I've heard elsewhere but it does seem to be in line with the chart provided on their website for AA/UA. I seem to remember someone saying that a US Platinum would get Gold Medallion but if that's the case, I was either lucky or they changed their minds.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 7:15 am
Suspended

Programs: AS MVPGold75K, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Pan Am million-miler
What happened to the good old days when airlines just matched your status without these "challenges".

Are there any US domestic carriers still just willing to match without a "challenge"?
Old Sep 13, 2012, 7:19 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Edgerfly
What happened to the good old days
Consolidation and capacity reduction.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 7:27 am

Programs: US Silver, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Edgerfly
What happened to the good old days when airlines just matched your status without these "challenges".

Are there any US domestic carriers still just willing to match without a "challenge"?
Yes - AS.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 12:08 am

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by gwar69
Yes - AS.
but they are apparently a once in a life time match, not a yearly or semi-yearly match. Be careful with when you do it.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 6:18 am
Suspended

Programs: AS MVPGold75K, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Pan Am million-miler
Just to be clear...AS is the only US domestic airline doing status matches without a challenge involved?
Old Sep 14, 2012, 10:45 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mikelat
but they are apparently a once in a life time match, not a yearly or semi-yearly match. Be careful with when you do it.
I was under the impression that all matches were once in a lifetime.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by CMK10
But there are many different definitions for "lifetime".
Old Sep 19, 2012, 5:21 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
I am *G but only OW Sapphire. Will any OW airline match me up to OW emerald without a challenge?
Old Sep 19, 2012, 6:35 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by CMK10
Originally Posted by mikelat
I've gotten a DL match twice about 10 years apart. The first time was silver and the 2nd time was gold.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 6:43 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Continental, Delta
delta status match

Hi,
I've applied for a delta status match to my AA platinum. Delta hasn't even sent out an e-mail acknowledgement on the request.
I've called their skymiles number and can only get to a reservations agent who don't work for skymiles department and cannot assist. I am flying with AF in two weeks and need to know if this will work out or not.
Any assistance is appreciated!
Old Sep 20, 2012, 12:36 am

Airline Status Match Master Thread: 2012

AA just matched my UA 1k but they have been stingy
EXP status only valid through the end of 2012 and no systemwide upgrades they said I need to fly 50k miles by the end of 2011 to keep the status through fen 2014
Ridiculous

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.