Reload this Page >

Airline Status Match Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Airline Status Match Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2014, 8:16 am

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
Originally Posted by UlyssesParis
Elite Plus members get 2 free upgrade vouchers per year, Elite members (*G matched status) don't.
If you complete a UA 1K status match (fly 35K miles) do u get 2 SWU or do u need to fly 100K to get the SWU or GPU?
thanks
Old Nov 23, 2014, 11:50 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Elite Plus members get 2 free upgrade vouchers per year, Elite members (*G matched status) don't.
Thats what I thought too
Old Nov 24, 2014, 5:37 am
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
Indeed. you are right.

Quote from Miles and smiles Elite benefits:
"Last Minute Upgrade. You can have your flight class upgraded to Business Class at time of check-in by redeeming miles from your Miles&Smiles account as an Elite member upon presenting your paid Economy Class ticket and your Elite Card at the check-in. In order to receive this service, there must be an available seat in Business Class for the requested flight, and sufficient miles in your membership account . Last minute upgrade service during check-in can be applied for Elite Member and one other passenger who travels together with Elite Card holder on the same flight route by redeeming miles from Elite member’s account. "

And elite plus:

"2 Complimentary Upgrade on any Turkish Airlines flights:
As an Elite Plus card holder, your loyalty will be granted with 2 upgrades within each Elite Plus membership year without redeeming your miles from your account. You may use this privilege on any Turkish Airlines flights you wish, to upgrade your paid Turkish Airlines Economy Class or Comfort Class flight to Business Class. Please keep in mind that the upgrades cannot be used by other persons except the Elite Plus card holder. Upgraded flights will earn paid Economy Class miles.
The validity of the unused free upgrades will not be extended for the next membership year."
Old Nov 24, 2014, 10:45 am

I am not sure if I posted this in here but as a data point I applied for the Delta status match over to Gold early this fall. In the meantime I applied for the AMEX Delta Platinum card for the mileage and to see if the MQMs would get me the required amount needed. Lo and behold what I considered a really long shot actually worked. I have Delta Gold status through 2015.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by Wellington
I am not sure if I posted this in here but as a data point I applied for the Delta status match over to Gold early this fall. In the meantime I applied for the AMEX Delta Platinum card for the mileage and to see if the MQMs would get me the required amount needed. Lo and behold what I considered a really long shot actually worked. I have Delta Gold status through 2015.
How long has it been since your challenge expired? They're pretty good at auditing Challenges well after 6 months. They're just super slow......
Old Nov 25, 2014, 3:07 am

Just got matched from TK...

Applied on 16.07 with A3*G, follow ups on 02.09 and 10.09.

Their response today:

"We have received your e-mail message. Firstly, we do apologize for late response. Upon your request, we have upgraded your card status to Elite status."

Good to 11.2016
Old Nov 25, 2014, 5:41 pm

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
AS MVP Gold does not match to anything domestically. But how about Internationally? I'd like to match before I expire next month. Are there any OW or ST international FFP that will match Alaska?

Last edited by Preacher7; Nov 26, 2014 at 11:32 am
Old Nov 26, 2014, 8:18 am

Programs: FlyingBlue, Bonus Aeroflot, China Destiny Miles, MilleMiglia
Originally Posted by Alex100i
Today I've asked to match my China Airlines Dynasty Flyer Emerald to EVA Air Infinity MileageLands Gold, so Skyteam to StarAlliance. In the statusmatcher website, they wrote that 2 people already got this opportunity, providing to have some transactions on both the accounts.
Let's see what happen. :-)
They downgraded me today to Silver status without any communication...
Old Nov 26, 2014, 8:26 am

Programs: Disillusioned Cent
Today I've asked to match my China Airlines Dynasty Flyer Emerald to EVA Air Infinity MileageLands Gold, so Skyteam to StarAlliance. In the statusmatcher website, they wrote that 2 people already got this opportunity, providing to have some transactions on both the accounts.
Let's see what happen. :-)
May I ask how you contacted EVA Air? I've looked quite extensively on their website, but I found no email address whatsoever.

Thanks
Old Nov 26, 2014, 8:39 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
They downgraded me today to Silver status without any communication...
Who did? China Airlines or Eva?
Old Nov 26, 2014, 9:38 am

Originally Posted by jms_uk
Who did? China Airlines or Eva?
Should be Eva.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 4:12 am

Programs: A3*, HH, club carlson: all gold and bonvoy plat
Originally Posted by mlqsko
Should be Eva.
Happy 1000th post, mlqsko
Old Nov 27, 2014, 4:32 am

Programs: FlyingBlue, Bonus Aeroflot, China Destiny Miles, MilleMiglia
Originally Posted by JohnRain
May I ask how you contacted EVA Air? I've looked quite extensively on their website, but I found no email address whatsoever.
They talked to match my CA Gold to the EVA Gold, but they ended up with the Silver Status, pretty useless within StarAlliance.
Contact them searching between the local EVA Sales offices in EU.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 7:54 am

Originally Posted by Artemio
Happy 1000th post, mlqsko
Thank you ^

The good thing is that TK are still matching, even with 3 months or so delay!
Old Nov 27, 2014, 7:57 am

Programs: GOLD: AZ....maybe :-P
Originally Posted by mlqsko
Thank you ^

The good thing is that TK are still matching, even with 3 months or so delay!
Do you have to provide them with a scan copy of the A3 card?
Because I didn't receive it yet

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.