Reload this Page >

Airline Status Match Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Airline Status Match Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2023, 2:13 am

Programs: Skyteam E+ (FB PfL), Latam Black, LH MM, Iberia plus, HH: Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy: Plat
Originally Posted by nacho
Does it mean that it is not possible to use the status for lounge access etc.?
No generic answer I guess. Should depend on the mood of the respective lounge dragons, agents etc.
nacho likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2023, 7:10 am

Originally Posted by Kleinnaf
We appreciate you enrolling to Asante Loyalty Reward and looking forward to you flying and enjoying the benefits. Kindly note your status match request has been initiated and this will be confirmed within 4 working days due to the back log of request we experiencing. Thank you for choosing Asante Rewards. Yours Sincerely,
ETA
They responded they will match to Silver
This was for my father who is Platinum with united.
Old Aug 18, 2023, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
ETA
They responded they will match to Silver
This was for my father who is Platinum with united.
Write back again - don't use the reply, write another email. I suspect since the blogger has blown this out they have received tons of matches - the low requirement makes it super easy to photoshop. I guess a webshop is selling that service too (you can buy all sort of status there).
Old Aug 19, 2023, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Since it doesn't seem like united will be resuming EWR-HKG any time soon, it looks like I'll be flying Cathay Pacific, 6-8 times over next few months, do they offer any status challenge or match?
Best for you to get an Instant Status Match with AA and bank your CX flights to AA if you're flying J or F.
Old Aug 19, 2023, 6:57 pm

Programs: Hyatt
I sent a status match request asking for Platinum status.
Sent a photo of my ITA Volare Skyteam Elite Plus card, also included my SK and AY gold cards.
I thought, the more the merrier.

A few days later I got the following email:
Thank you for contacting Asante rewards. We appreciate you enrolling to Asante Loyalty Reward and looking forward to you flying and enjoying the benefits. Kindly note your status match request has been initiated and this will be confirmed within 4 working days due to the back log of request we experiencing.

Checked my account about a week later and I can see that my status has gone from Ruby to Platinum!

Thank you very much!

Last edited by Andaz; Aug 19, 2023 at 7:04 pm
Old Aug 19, 2023, 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Best for you to get an Instant Status Match with AA and bank your CX flights to AA if you're flying J or F.
Thank you, I also have BA silver so may just credit to there.
Old Aug 19, 2023, 8:09 pm

Write back again - don't use the reply, write another email. I suspect since the blogger has blown this out they have received tons of matches - the low requirement makes it super easy to photoshop. I guess a webshop is selling that service too (you can buy all sort of status there).
Just got a response from the same representative as last time, that they'll match to gold, which works for me as I wanted it for the skyteam elite +.
Old Aug 19, 2023, 8:27 pm

Just got a response from the same representative as last time, that they'll match to gold, which works for me as I wanted it for the skyteam elite +.
Old Aug 20, 2023, 1:32 am

Originally Posted by Stingyguy
Has anybody figured out how to print or get the Asante elite card? There4 seems to be no link to save or add it to Apple wallet. Thank you.
Any updates here? Also can't find any card? Will it be send by physical mail or all we can do is put the number inside a booking and hope it will get recognized?
Old Aug 20, 2023, 3:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by Andaz
I sent a status match request asking for Platinum status.
Sent a photo of my ITA Volare Skyteam Elite Plus card, also included my SK and AY gold cards.
I thought, the more the merrier.

A few days later I got the following email:
Thank you for contacting Asante rewards. We appreciate you enrolling to Asante Loyalty Reward and looking forward to you flying and enjoying the benefits. Kindly note your status match request has been initiated and this will be confirmed within 4 working days due to the back log of request we experiencing.

Checked my account about a week later and I can see that my status has gone from Ruby to Platinum!

Thank you very much!
It seems like a YMMV situation.
Old Aug 24, 2023, 5:04 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, KQ Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Gold, Choice Gold
Just as an additional data point to the Asante status match, I contacted them on 13 August and given the length of time without an acknowledgment was concerned it had been declined or lost. Today I’ve received notification that they’ve received my request and that they have initiated the process. Definitely sounds like they have quite the backlog, but good they’re not ignoring the requests that came in later.
jms_uk likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2023, 2:59 am

Programs: BA Gold, AY Gold
Originally Posted by ritesa
Enrolled and requested status match from Finnair Gold on Aug 10, received the following message on Aug 14:

Thank you for contacting Kenya Airways Asante desk.
We are now working on the status match to be Gold on your Asante Account as well.
Allow us 7 working days for that to reflect in your account.
My Finnair Platinum was matched to Asante Platinum, in case someone was wondering about whether they match Finnair.
Old Aug 27, 2023, 4:39 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, KQ Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Gold, Choice Gold
Originally Posted by DomesticGoddess
Just as an additional data point to the Asante status match, I contacted them on 13 August and given the length of time without an acknowledgment was concerned it had been declined or lost. Today I’ve received notification that they’ve received my request and that they have initiated the process. Definitely sounds like they have quite the backlog, but good they’re not ignoring the requests that came in later.
I’ve now been matched to Gold (ST Elite Plus, which is all I needed) from Air NZ Elite (*A Gold).
Old Aug 29, 2023, 8:37 am

I have been matched to Asante Reward Platinum which is SkyTeam Elite Plus.
now some 101 basic questions
• Do I need to do anything to have my SkyTeam Elite Plus showing up? Is there a website to connect them all?
• I have few upcoming flights via KLM and AirFrance... Flying blue still showing explorer, how can I get that all connected to SkyTeam Elite Plus?
• Will KLM and AirFrance offer anything for Skyteam Elite Plus?
Old Aug 29, 2023, 9:48 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by eggyacid
I have been matched to Asante Reward Platinum which is SkyTeam Elite Plus.
now some 101 basic questions
• Do I need to do anything to have my SkyTeam Elite Plus showing up? Is there a website to connect them all?
• I have few upcoming flights via KLM and AirFrance... Flying blue still showing explorer, how can I get that all connected to SkyTeam Elite Plus?
• Will KLM and AirFrance offer anything for Skyteam Elite Plus?
What were you matched from?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.