Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Radisson Big Night Giveaway is BACK

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2012, 10:38 am

Programs: UA Plat, AA Gold, PC Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by dukie570
I booked my stay originally through TCB but then did a BRG claim that was successful.

My TCB showed as pending until I completed my stay last weekend and now a note is there saying the vendor rejected it, which I'm assuming is because of the change in rate from the BRG.

So apparently you can't get a refund through TCB if you used a BRG claim as well. Didn't see it discussed but figured I'd throw it out there as a data point.
Yes, the same happened to our BRG reservations. Also, reservations made through TCB for Park Inn never showed up.
Old Jun 20, 2012, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by TravelByPoints
Yes, the same happened to our BRG reservations. Also, reservations made through TCB for Park Inn never showed up.
Sorry for the newb question: What do TCB and BRG stand for?
Old Jun 20, 2012, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by dukie570
I booked my stay originally through TCB but then did a BRG claim that was successful.

My TCB showed as pending until I completed my stay last weekend and now a note is there saying the vendor rejected it, which I'm assuming is because of the change in rate from the BRG.

So apparently you can't get a refund through TCB if you used a BRG claim as well. Didn't see it discussed but figured I'd throw it out there as a data point.
Not true. I booked via the radisson web site, searched and paid for the lowest listed price for the room (no coupon, promo code, etc). Checked TCB today, they rejected cashback. So it has nothing to do with BRG. They just refused to pay, period.
Old Jun 20, 2012, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by aureo11
Sorry for the newb question: What do TCB and BRG stand for?
TCB = TopCashBack ( http://www.topcashback.com )

BRG = Best Rate Guarantee
Old Jun 20, 2012, 10:53 am

I'll add another note that 2 different stays at Country Inn and Suites where I submitted a BRG but was rejected are now showing that the vendor rejected it on TCB. I have submitted claims on both as I did pay the full rate at which I booked. We'll see what happens.

Also I have had around 165k points post from this promo so far with another 92k or so on the way!
Old Jun 20, 2012, 10:59 am

Data point - I was successful in getting TCB to pay. I originally booked a country inn through TCB, and it tracked. Then submitted a BRG claim, got the lower rate, and it automatically showed up as a separate line item on TCB. The BRG rate just displayed as payable a day or two ago, and the original rate I had booked at showed rejected - which is correct. So YMMV. Lucky me, I guess
Old Jun 20, 2012, 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by TravelByPoints
I have TCB in mine and my wife's account. I notice the one for my BRG was pulled back, then I noticed a new line showing the BRG rate I paid but it is in pending state. I have o Idea what is going to happen. Maybe I should grab the $$ available now so they don't get pulled. My wife has one that is a regular rate and it was recorded and appears to have been rejected.

I hate having to chase down things to get people to do what the promise to do UUGGHH.
Old Jun 20, 2012, 8:18 pm

Programs: lots of little things
There's an entire thread on using TCB for Radisson where this is being discussed. So as not to take over this generic big night giveaway thread.
Old Jun 20, 2012, 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by dc333
There's an entire thread on using TCB for Radisson where this is being discussed. So as not to take over this generic big night giveaway thread.

thanks
Old Jun 21, 2012, 1:12 pm

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Radisson just keeps on giving! Besides the 4500 e-rewards sign up bonus, I got 2k for the welcome promo, plus 2k online booking and on top of that the hotel's welcome gift for gold was a choice of items, I chose 3K. After the 20X points per $, and Gold Bonus 50%, I got the 50K. Largest payout ever!!!
Old Jun 21, 2012, 2:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1k, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, CC Gold
Originally Posted by Stoutman11
Last night of the promo???? isnt the last night of the promo July 15th? meaning u need to stay by July 15th.
Sorry for any confusion...I meant that I'll end up in a city with one on the last day so can still pick up that bonus. Downsides to living in the Caribbean, not much hotel choice for these kinds of things!
Old Jun 21, 2012, 8:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by spankytoes
If in fact we can triple dip, I’m set. I have a Radisson, Park Inn and Country Inn no more than 10 miles from my work in Dallas. Going to enlist my grandparents, who I status matched to Silver from Hyatt, to do the same over Memorial Day weekend.

18,000 points for booking online
18,000 points for normal earnings (Average of $80.00 per room per night x 25 points per dollar)
414,000 bonus points
4,500 bonus points for signing my grandfather up through e-rewards

Total Cost: $720.00
Total points earned: 454,500

Converting 200,000 points for 36,000 AA miles and using 250,000 points for 5 nights at The May Fair London. I'll use 44,000 existing AA miles to polish off 2 Award tickets to London this fall with the Mrs.

That will do.

Where do the 414k Bonus points come from? Is there another promo?

And how do you get 25pts/$ instead of 20? Due to status?
Old Jun 21, 2012, 9:19 pm

Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait
Originally Posted by mikelat
Where do the 414k Bonus points come from? Is there another promo?

And how do you get 25pts/$ instead of 20? Due to status?

I think it's...

9 rooms in total: 3 rooms booked by each of 3 people
So 50k + 44k + 44k = 138k for each of 3 people
Old Jun 21, 2012, 9:37 pm

If I make a reservation with the cash and points and then cancel a reservation before the penalty date , will the points be deposited back in my account right away?
Old Jun 21, 2012, 9:41 pm

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
Originally Posted by metoo
If I make a reservation with the cash and points and then cancel a reservation before the penalty date , will the points be deposited back in my account right away?
Absolutely.
I did it twice today, switching around some stays at
a Radisson and Park Inn in Dallas.

The points were back in before I could
scroll to the top and see the balance !^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.