Reload this Page >

Radisson Big Night Giveaway is BACK

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Radisson Big Night Giveaway is BACK

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2012, 12:33 pm

Has anyone tried checking in, but not staying the night? It seems to me that they are unlikely to be able to enforce the rule requiring being present at checkout.
Old May 21, 2012, 12:45 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by Frequent Miler
Has anyone tried checking in, but not staying the night? It seems to me that they are unlikely to be able to enforce the rule requiring being present at checkout.
Should be no problem. I dont think it is a matter of being there to check out as they will check you out as always automatically. I think they just dont want a hotel to get a bunch of revenue from phantom stays via the phone.
Old May 21, 2012, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by mcgahat
Should be no problem. I dont think it is a matter of being there to check out as they will check you out as always automatically. I think they just dont want a hotel to get a bunch of revenue from phantom stays via the phone.
Heck, how will Club Carson ever know? I really doubt that their database system has a flag which says checked out in person or checked out otherwise? What if you just leave your key in the room, or take it with you, or leave it at the reception when there's a long line? How will they mark that in their system (assuming you could)? Check out in person?

And why can't you check out in person after watching an hour of TV in the room? Oh oh, change of plans...my dog broke his leg.

Last edited by abcx; May 21, 2012 at 12:55 pm Reason: .
Old May 21, 2012, 1:56 pm

They just don't want abuse.

If you choose to look at the room and leave, they could probably care less.

They are trying to get you to experience the property, and perhaps consider Radisson in your future stays.

To the extent you do a phantom stay at the cheapest hotel in the nation doesn't achieve that goal. Clearly, the best value is to combine this promo with a stay you enjoy, as using this as 50% off your next stay isn't the greatest value. Go for a weekend in a nearby town or similar.

Another category of abuse is the same person creating accounts under their dogs name, they are not getting any marketing benefit out of you choosing to stay twice.

Both of which are valid reasons for them to ID you at check in for this promo.

If you want to stay one night -- your wife the next -- and your brother the third, that is fine. As is checking in and leaving.

However, they have some of the most liberal rules for award programs out there. They typically never expire, they're fully transferable to anybody (hence the dog problem), people who received this 6 months ago can get it again, and virtually any discounted revenue rate qualifies as a stay.

Feel free to take "advantage" of the promo with your whole family, but don't abuse it.
Old May 21, 2012, 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by johndoe123
They just don't want abuse.

If you choose to look at the room and leave, they could probably care less.

They are trying to get you to experience the property, and perhaps consider Radisson in your future stays.

To the extent you do a phantom stay at the cheapest hotel in the nation doesn't achieve that goal. Clearly, the best value is to combine this promo with a stay you enjoy, as using this as 50% off your next stay isn't the greatest value. Go for a weekend in a nearby town or similar.

Another category of abuse is the same person creating accounts under their dogs name, they are not getting any marketing benefit out of you choosing to stay twice.

Both of which are valid reasons for them to ID you at check in for this promo.

If you want to stay one night -- your wife the next -- and your brother the third, that is fine. As is checking in and leaving.

However, they have some of the most liberal rules for award programs out there. They typically never expire, they're fully transferable to anybody (hence the dog problem), people who received this 6 months ago can get it again, and virtually any discounted revenue rate qualifies as a stay.

Feel free to take "advantage" of the promo with your whole family, but don't abuse it.

agreed, I just got finished booking my radisson and country in stays. I plan on maximizing this by using me and my wife to stay at each hotel. will go on a paid for vacation at these places to let the kids play at the beach, an this trip will fund future stays for little to no cost. Great deal in my mind. Maximize the benefit but don't push the limits (dogs name) as those ar the things that get these promos killed or make the brand choose not to do them again.
Old May 21, 2012, 4:07 pm

Just registered for Park Inn promo

Did everyone register for the Park Inn promo that went live at 12 am CET time?

My husband and I registered and already received our email confirmation!!
Old May 21, 2012, 4:11 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Can someone please post the direct link to sign up? My phone can't play the video so I can't advance to step 2. Thanks.
Old May 21, 2012, 4:15 pm

Try: https://www.parkinnoneplusone.com/in...izard/register

Wife and I just registered. Much easier than the first two.
Old May 21, 2012, 8:25 pm

The wife and I just registered. I registered twice for me and once for here. So it is still going strong. Now we just have to plan the matress run!
Old May 21, 2012, 8:55 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
I registered,

but no confirmation email received. It has been over an hour already. Unlike the CI @ Radisson promo, emails were received within minutes. Guess I'll wiat and see. Tomorrow will be my first stay at CI. Lets see how long it takes for points to post.
Old May 21, 2012, 9:01 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
I agree too.

Originally Posted by aviator8
Great deal in my mind. Maximize the benefit but don't push the limits (dogs name) as those are the things that get these promos killed or make the brand choose not to do them again.
Lets not get greedy and kill it for everyone else.
Old May 21, 2012, 9:07 pm

deleted

Last edited by aviator8; May 21, 2012 at 10:57 pm Reason: misread
Old May 21, 2012, 9:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Originally Posted by arollins
but no confirmation email received. It has been over an hour already. Unlike the CI @ Radisson promo, emails were received within minutes. Guess I'll wiat and see.
Same here.
Old May 21, 2012, 11:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Snap too. Very frustrating.
Old May 22, 2012, 2:56 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Ditto. Mrs NoY & I registered - no e-mail confirmation. Tried to register again but says we are already registered. Suppose that will have to do...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.