Reload this Page >

New Netflix Offer - 2500 AA miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Netflix Offer - 2500 AA miles

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2012, 2:46 pm

Any idea how long we have to keep the netflix account open? I opened one yesterday and I'd like to close it so I can churn this some with different FF #s.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 2:57 pm

Do you think this work purchased using a UK Credit Card ??

I am in need of almost exactly 2.5k AA, so this would be ideal. If I were to purchase a streaming only account and use a US based relations address, would I expect to receive any correspondence there for this purchase ?

Thanks
Old Feb 16, 2012, 8:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by pazza2000
Do you think this work purchased using a UK Credit Card ??

I am in need of almost exactly 2.5k AA, so this would be ideal. If I were to purchase a streaming only account and use a US based relations address, would I expect to receive any correspondence there for this purchase ?

Thanks
Possibly just general marketing materials. You might be able to opt out of receiving these items at the time of registration.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 9:06 pm

Programs: Yes.
Aha! The sneaks. I will use the wife's aa acct. Thank you all for the reccomendation.

Originally Posted by Bored_Russian
They identified it by your FF account
Old Feb 17, 2012, 8:02 am

Originally Posted by longhorn11
Possibly just general marketing materials. You might be able to opt out of receiving these items at the time of registration.
Thanks, that should fine then. Is Netflix US easy to cancel ? Is there a minimum screening duration as is the case with the UK version? If so, should I have any problems screening from the UK?

Only 3000 miles although the cost of buying these (I need them anyway at somepoint in the near future) is almost $60+
Old Feb 17, 2012, 10:45 am
Original Poster

Thanks, that should fine then. Is Netflix US easy to cancel ? Is there a minimum screening duration as is the case with the UK version? If so, should I have any problems screening from the UK?

Only 3000 miles although the cost of buying these (I need them anyway at somepoint in the near future) is almost $60+
Very easy to cancel, you can do everything from your account homepage. I would let the $7.99 hit at least one month and then cancel. As far as I know there is no minimum time over here, especially with all the free trials they're giving out.
Old Feb 17, 2012, 12:18 pm

4,000 miles w/ united & visa

Just found this link on another thread....

2,000 miles for opening with United, 2,000 more if you use your Mileage Plus Visa card

https://secure.unitedmileageplus.com...CK=soloMMP0911
Old Feb 17, 2012, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by longhorn11
Very easy to cancel, you can do everything from your account homepage. I would let the $7.99 hit at least one month and then cancel. As far as I know there is no minimum time over here, especially with all the free trials they're giving out.
Thanks, to be safe I will let $7.99 hit. Here in the UK there is a free trial with a cashback incentive although a minimum amount of 4 hours must be streamed/viewed.

Are the miles quite reliable in posting? What an easy way for 3k miles, and one of the few promo's us UK members can get on board with^
Old Feb 17, 2012, 4:26 pm

Can I sign up and use my credit card but put my child's frequent flier numbe in?
Old Feb 24, 2012, 6:41 am

Technical Question

I am trying to sign up for this from the UK; however when I leave the AA bonus referral link it automatically takes me to the UK Netflix sign-up. I suespect I would not be eligible for the sign up miles if signing up the UK edition (if I was however, then it would not cost me a cent as the UK version is free for the first month),

I was wondering if there is a way to complete sign up on the US site, and not be directed to the UK version? I am not the most tech savvy person
Old Feb 24, 2012, 3:26 pm
Original Poster

I am trying to sign up for this from the UK; however when I leave the AA bonus referral link it automatically takes me to the UK Netflix sign-up. I suespect I would not be eligible for the sign up miles if signing up the UK edition (if I was however, then it would not cost me a cent as the UK version is free for the first month),

I was wondering if there is a way to complete sign up on the US site, and not be directed to the UK version? I am not the most tech savvy person
Have you tried deleting all of your cookies? I'm not sure that will solve the problem, but it's worth a shot. Whenever I'm abroad I always have to manually type in the U.S. site, but that would obviously cancel out the link offer through netflix.
Old Feb 25, 2012, 9:46 am

did you have to enter a mailing address when u signed up? i was a former netflix user. for this promotion, i used a new email address and new credit card with my AA miles number. I didn't see a spot to enter mailing address (I only signed up for streaming).
Old Feb 25, 2012, 11:01 am
KCW

Has anybody done this recently? How long is it taking your miles to post? It's been over a week for me. Thanks!
Old Feb 25, 2012, 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by KCW
Has anybody done this recently? How long is it taking your miles to post? It's been over a week for me. Thanks!
The AA/Netflix landing page says, allow 8-10 weeks for mileage postings. However, miles might post faster.

As soon as my miles post, I'll provide an update with how long it actually took.
Old Feb 25, 2012, 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by csib
The AA/Netflix landing page says, allow 8-10 weeks for mileage postings. However, miles might post faster.

As soon as my miles post, I'll provide an update with how long it actually took.
did u have to enter ur physical home address?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.