New Netflix Offer - 2500 AA miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Netflix Offer - 2500 AA miles

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2012, 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by FluffyBunnyFuFu
God: Yes, my child. Your math pleases me much.

I'm sorry, I just had to.

I'm not in it to churn it but, since I sort of want to get Netflix again, can this offer work if I try to sign up for a digital only account? I originally had an account with them that was streaming+dvds. Do I need a new email and physical address?
First, classic username. Legendary straight out of the gate.

You should use a new email. I used the same street address as my previous netflix account.

I did stream only for $8 or whatever it was.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 3:25 pm

Any advice on getting the 500 mile bump if you already signed up for the 2500 offer???
Old Feb 15, 2012, 3:38 pm

You're welcome to try, but honestly good luck. During the GS people tried emailing Netflix with questions, and it was like speaking to a wall. Netflix would say they would not get any miles for whatever reason, and then lo and behold the miles showed up. I take the fly low and under the radar approach, sign up, and if I get the miles more than once good, if not... ehhh I'm already a netflix customer. Its been a year since I did this AA promo, I'll probably try it again after May when I can cancel without any risk to my grand slam miles.

I highly doubt you'll get anyone who even understands the promo. Might be better to wait until they post and call AA, and say "where are my 500 extra miles?"
Old Feb 15, 2012, 3:39 pm

Programs: Bopping Field Mice on their Heads
Originally Posted by thetravelabstract
First, classic username. Legendary straight out of the gate.

You should use a new email. I used the same street address as my previous netflix account.

I did stream only for $8 or whatever it was.
Haha, thank you for the advice.

Of note, I came across a user named Sheikh Yerbooty. Now that is a great one, don't you think?
Old Feb 15, 2012, 3:42 pm

Great, thanks for the response. I've found it never hurts to ask, even when others have been unsuccessful! I have been successful on a few bumps even though others claim they have not!
Old Feb 15, 2012, 4:28 pm

Thanks for the 3000 link, it says the miles will post 8-10 weeks is that accurate and will it matter if i cancel after the first month?

thanks again
Old Feb 15, 2012, 4:32 pm

Programs: Bopping Field Mice on their Heads
Originally Posted by Macondo
Thanks for the 3000 link, it says the miles will post 8-10 weeks is that accurate and will it matter if i cancel after the first month?

thanks again
No, it should not matter. Netflix is a flexible, month by month program. However, you must pay for the first month to receive the miles. If you mean to sign up to get the miles and then cancel before your first month is up so as not to pay, that would not work.

I think my miles were deposited in a week or so. It was very fast.

I should say, you will not be charged if you cancel before the end of the first month. I would do it a day or so in advance.

Last edited by FluffyBunnyFuFu; Feb 15, 2012 at 4:43 pm
Old Feb 15, 2012, 5:36 pm

Programs: UA Silver, MR titanium
Originally Posted by aegt123
I have been a Netflix paid subscriber for more than 3 years. Now I am wondering if I should open and cancel accounts every month to pocket 3000 miles/month. Will it work?
I have been kinda churning this for last 5 years, from my results, you can only churn them with different FF accounts, I have not been able to open an account for the same FF account, the system always recognize me if I open UA and then try UA 4 years later. So I have done AA,DL,UA,and US all only once.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 5:58 pm

Programs: Yes.
I had an account 3 years ago. When I signed up again for this promo, somehow they identified my previous account at a different address and denied the promo. YMMV
Old Feb 15, 2012, 6:16 pm

If you want to earn the Netflix bonus even though you are not a new subscriber, then you should sign up using a different frequent flyer #, mailing address, email address, and credit card number. Also if you already have a netflix account or have had one recently, then be sure to delete cookies or sign up using a different browser, otherwise it will detect the other account. It might be best to sign up using a different computer from a different location so that the IP address will not be the same.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 7:02 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
Good promo, but I'm saving my subscription for the next Grand Slam promo. I don't even want to mess with this right now just in case. The extra hit is worth a lot more to me than the 2500 AA miles and I don't want to risk it.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by econjon
I had an account 3 years ago. When I signed up again for this promo, somehow they identified my previous account at a different address and denied the promo. YMMV
same email?
Old Feb 15, 2012, 8:59 pm

Programs: Yes.
Originally Posted by thetravelabstract
same email?
That might have been it. I wasn't too careful since I was at a dif't address. Maybe try again under wife's name!
Old Feb 16, 2012, 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by yuel
I have been kinda churning this for last 5 years, from my results, you can only churn them with different FF accounts, I have not been able to open an account for the same FF account, the system always recognize me if I open UA and then try UA 4 years later. So I have done AA,DL,UA,and US all only once.
Excellent idea. Between my brother, parents, girlfriend and myself I think we can easily get about 20K points out of this one month at a time.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 1:33 pm

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by econjon
They identified it by your FF account

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.