Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

36 British Airways Avios Per Dollar Spent at Nordstrom (Expired)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

36 British Airways Avios Per Dollar Spent at Nordstrom (Expired)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2012, 5:15 pm

I had my wife load up on cosmetics which I have never seen discounted.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 5:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Has anyone checked the current offer for Nordstrom.com in chase UR mall? I tried on my mobile but can't seem to log in.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 5:34 pm

Programs: AA, WN, Hyatt, Club Carlson, HHonors, MRewards, CET, M Life
Originally Posted by Mrgolfer21
Does anybody know for sure if you can return the merchandise for a gift card at the store? Thank you.

Edit: and still keep the points.
No - the returns are processed by the order number so that they know exactly what portals you went through and what points to deduct. It doesn't matter if you return them to a different card or form. And why should you get to keep the points when you didn't keep the merchandise? If this is possible then everyone is going to start the Nordstrom.com churns.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by PokerHammy
No - the returns are processed by the order number so that they know exactly what portals you went through and what points to deduct. It doesn't matter if you return them to a different card or form. And why should you get to keep the points when you didn't keep the merchandise? If this is possible then everyone is going to start the Nordstrom.com churns.
I realize if you return something, you don't get the points. What i was wondering if they ran this as an exchange, therefore, nothing was technically returned, but you exchanged a watch for a gift card.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 5:54 pm

Programs: AA, WN, Hyatt, Club Carlson, HHonors, MRewards, CET, M Life
I realize if you return something, you don't get the points. What i was wondering if they ran this as an exchange, therefore, nothing was technically returned, but you exchanged a watch for a gift card.
I understand what you were asking and it's processed as a return and not an exchange. If it could be an exchange then it would've been used to get around the rule of no points for gift cards...and they are too smart for that. I've made returns before and they always go by the order number - it didn't matter if I was putting the refund back to my other credit cards or gift cards. The points deducted show up as an item per line, since you could order many items but not return all of them.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 6:31 pm

Programs: Amex Centurion
Good to know
Old Feb 6, 2012, 6:46 pm

If you have no immediate need for anything-Nordstrom, I believe your technique will work if you do a no-receipt return (for a gift card). Nordstrom places a small sticker on each item which ties it to your order #, so if you remove that sticker and tell them you received the item as a gift but have no use for it - they'll issue you a gift card and it will not be tied to your original order.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 7:08 pm

Programs: DL Diamond
Originally Posted by CodeAdam10
If you have no immediate need for anything-Nordstrom, I believe your technique will work if you do a no-receipt return (for a gift card). Nordstrom places a small sticker on each item which ties it to your order #, so if you remove that sticker and tell them you received the item as a gift but have no use for it - they'll issue you a gift card and it will not be tied to your original order.

You can remove the tags entirely and Nord will take it back as a no receipt return for store credit. You could probably even convince them you paid cash for the item and get cash back. I took a pair of jeans back to Nord that I felt wore out a few years too early and with no receipt at all they refunded me in cash because they couldn't find my purchase in the system to print a duplicate receipt (I didn't like any of the jeans they had in the store that particular day).
Old Feb 6, 2012, 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by DC777Fan
You can remove the tags entirely and Nord will take it back as a no receipt return for store credit. You could probably even convince them you paid cash for the item and get cash back. I took a pair of jeans back to Nord that I felt wore out a few years too early and with no receipt at all they refunded me in cash because they couldn't find my purchase in the system to print a duplicate receipt (I didn't like any of the jeans they had in the store that particular day).

If you are concerned about the environment ... I ordered a bunch of different items and so far each one has shipped separately. I expect to get 20 different shipments for 20 items at the current rate.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 9:00 pm

I just looked on my chase account and it shows the amount pending...twice. Anyone else have this? I dont want to dispute and risk losing 36 points per dollar spent if they take off the wrong one!
Old Feb 6, 2012, 10:55 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Fairmont Platinum, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum
for anyone who needs more motivation: http://shine.yahoo.com/work-money/th...k-2473026.html

Just a joke - I don't really agree with it
Old Feb 6, 2012, 11:15 pm

Programs: Yes.
Trying to sign wife up for BA club. But the site keeps crashing. Anyone else having this problem?
Old Feb 6, 2012, 11:27 pm

Yep, the BA club registration been down for 2+ hours.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 11:57 pm

Originally Posted by econjon
Trying to sign wife up for BA club. But the site keeps crashing. Anyone else having this problem?
Working fine over here! ^ Try a different browser (Chrome)

https://www.britishairways.com/trave...l/public/en_us
Old Feb 7, 2012, 12:02 am

Originally Posted by HikerT
Yep, the BA club registration been down for 2+ hours.
of course as i finally figure out what i am buying...

still a bit froze over here

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.