Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

36 British Airways Avios Per Dollar Spent at Nordstrom (Expired)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

36 British Airways Avios Per Dollar Spent at Nordstrom (Expired)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2012, 9:40 pm

Thanks OP! Very cool. 36X would be nice. Bought a lot of stuff on sale, hope to sell most of it on Ebay...
Old Feb 3, 2012, 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by Zhaunk
Thanks OP! Very cool. 36X would be nice. Bought a lot of stuff on sale, hope to sell most of it on Ebay...
Might be better to sell the miles on craigslist or ebay for people on the west coast to hawaii. you might make more doing that. Plus you get to keep the stuff....
Old Feb 3, 2012, 10:21 pm

Programs: Amex Centurion
Didn't want to go through the hassle of picking out a bunch of items that I have been meaning to pick up anyway (new coat, shoes, etc) and bought a big ticket item. Any idea if you will be able to exchange, not return, for store credit and keep the miles? Prior experiences welcome. Thanks OP
Old Feb 3, 2012, 11:08 pm

Originally Posted by leftpinky
Might be better to sell the miles on craigslist or ebay for people on the west coast to hawaii. you might make more doing that. Plus you get to keep the stuff....
Thanks for this tip. I am all in for about 57,000 adios.
Old Feb 3, 2012, 11:20 pm

Originally Posted by ddutil
Thanks for this tip. I am all in for about 57,000 adios.
No prob. Im in for about 91k, but many of the purchases are the same thing, just in two sizes. If everything goes well, hopefully get about 40-45k in miles with returns. Problem is, I already have about 90k miles (after my redemptions in the next few days) plus another 33k in MR points I can transfer with a huge bonus, so not super valuable for me, but I guess Ill be going to Hawaii and Central/S America quite a bit over the next few years!
Old Feb 4, 2012, 12:08 am

Programs: AA Plat, SPG Gold, Hertz Gold
Just a thought, as I'm totally in on this too... but can this be the beginning of Avios devaluation?
Old Feb 4, 2012, 12:09 am

Are gift card purchases eligible? Assuming I can find inventory, I can think of plenty of ways to put 50k miles to good use.
Old Feb 4, 2012, 12:45 am

Originally Posted by Henry82
Just a thought, as I'm totally in on this too... but can this be the beginning of Avios devaluation?
uhhhhhh.........that would make them less valuable than Sky Pesos....not going to happen! Actually, living on the west coast, I gotta say that Avios is great. Planning on going to Hawaii every new years, at least. Never been before, so hopefully we'll like it, otherwise might have to find a new destination for using them :P
Old Feb 4, 2012, 1:46 am

Programs: HA, DL, UA, PC Gold, A/club Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Pl
Originally Posted by Henry82
what have you been living in a cave? hasn't the devaluation already happened? well at least to some people...I for one will use the lax to hnl as soon as I get some miles.
Old Feb 4, 2012, 1:52 am

Originally Posted by bitachu
what have you been living in a cave? hasn't the devaluation already happened? well at least to some people...I for one will use the lax to hnl as soon as I get some miles.
Yeah, gotta say AVIOS are great for US travel for direct routes.

Anyone know how many miles it was to HNL from the west coast before?
Old Feb 4, 2012, 1:55 am

Programs: HA, DL, UA, PC Gold, A/club Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Pl

i think it was 40-50k but i can't remember..what i do remmeber is at that point i didn't want to bother with BA miles program
Old Feb 4, 2012, 2:14 am

wow, 40K+ is a lot. Im super glad it's only 25k RT now. Can do a wonderful trip every year, especially with the big AMEX bonuses (signup, 30k spending for an extra 15k and transfer) + SPG points.
Old Feb 4, 2012, 9:11 am

Programs: Lotz

Old Feb 4, 2012, 9:50 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Plat Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Club Carl Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by oshelef
Are gift card purchases eligible? Assuming I can find inventory, I can think of plenty of ways to put 50k miles to good use.
No. It specifically says miles will NOT be awarded for the purchase of gift cards.
Old Feb 4, 2012, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by iamthehpt
No. It specifically says miles will NOT be awarded for the purchase of gift cards.
I don't see why returning items in store for a store credit wouldn't work. Then you could also shop at Nordstrom Rack and not pay full prices.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.