Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

36 British Airways Avios Per Dollar Spent at Nordstrom (Expired)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

36 British Airways Avios Per Dollar Spent at Nordstrom (Expired)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2012, 8:37 am

Programs: Delta Silver, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond, Ex-UA Gold, Ex-AA Gold , Ex-SPG Gold, Peon everywhere else
Between this and the valentine's flower order for the wife, I should net about 15K Avios. Spent a little more than I wanted, but not bad for stuff I was planning on buying anyway.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 8:48 am

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by keirnna
I tried the Tumi international carry-on before and was unimpressed. Which Tumi case should I get that will impress me? This 36x deal is too good to pass up the chance. One suit case will give me enough points to take a trip with it for free.
Impress? Not sure what I bought will do that, but I purchased the T-Tech Presidio Lombard Tote ($195) because it fit exactly what I was looking for as a bag that meets the general, if vague definition of a "personal item": a bag measuring about 35 linear inches that can fit under an airline seat. I bought mine online yesterday and picked it up at my local store after work. It's a functional bag whose biggest advantage to me is that it's roughly the dimensions of many laptop bags and briefcases, but without all of the dividers.

I packed it last night and found that I can carry my 15.4-inch HP laptop and massive power brick (the computer's provided by my employer; I would never buy anything this large and heavy for my personal use) and various small electronics, including an e-reader, as well as my toiletries kit (admittedly quite small; it's an Elemis amenity kit bag I got on a British Airways flight last summer), a pair of shoes, a packing folder containing a dress shirt and pants, a sweater, and a polo shirt. The shoes, laptop, and power brick push the weight to 15.5 pounds. With the laptop on top of all the other packed items, the bag allows relatively easy access to the laptop for screening, but I certainly wouldn't call the bag "TSA friendly."

The bag's unstructured, but the packing folder gave it a bit of shape. Although I didn't carry it very far, it appears that it would hold the weight I placed in it without stressing the bag. There are a number of pockets, including a full-width one on the back, one across most of the front, one on each side (water bottle?), and several small pockets on the front, including one that has what appears to be a leak-proof lining. The bag does not have, however, the velcro-secured sleeve that allows a traveler to slide this bag onto the handles of a rolling bag.

Since this bag fit my defined need, I'd say I'm preliminarily satisfied, but I'll put it through its paces on a trip to Italy beginning February 17. Of course, that's after this promotion ends so sorry I can't provide more insight.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by lwildernorva
Impress? Not sure what I bought will do that, but I purchased the T-Tech Presidio Lombard Tote ($195) because it fit exactly what I was looking for as a bag that meets the general, if vague definition of a "personal item": a bag measuring about 35 linear inches that can fit under an airline seat. I bought mine online yesterday and picked it up at my local store after work. It's a functional bag whose biggest advantage to me is that it's roughly the dimensions of many laptop bags and briefcases, but without all of the dividers.

I packed it last night and found that I can carry my 15.4-inch HP laptop and massive power brick (the computer's provided by my employer; I would never buy anything this large and heavy for my personal use) and various small electronics, including an e-reader, as well as my toiletries kit (admittedly quite small; it's an Elemis amenity kit bag I got on a British Airways flight last summer), a pair of shoes, a packing folder containing a dress shirt and pants, a sweater, and a polo shirt. The shoes, laptop, and power brick push the weight to 15.5 pounds. With the laptop on top of all the other packed items, the bag allows relatively easy access to the laptop for screening, but I certainly wouldn't call the bag "TSA friendly."

The bag's unstructured, but the packing folder gave it a bit of shape. Although I didn't carry it very far, it appears that it would hold the weight I placed in it without stressing the bag. There are a number of pockets, including a full-width one on the back, one across most of the front, one on each side (water bottle?), and several small pockets on the front, including one that has what appears to be a leak-proof lining. The bag does not have, however, the velcro-secured sleeve that allows a traveler to slide this bag onto the handles of a rolling bag.

Since this bag fit my defined need, I'd say I'm preliminarily satisfied, but I'll put it through its paces on a trip to Italy beginning February 17. Of course, that's after this promotion ends so sorry I can't provide more insight.
What I am saying is that if I am paying a luxury price I expect a luxury product. The $300+ Tumi case I tried was junk. It was no better than the equivalent Samsonite case which is $50 at my local store. I'm happy to pay a premium for a premium product for example a Leica camera. Tumi just left me feeling ripped off.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 9:46 am

Ugh, BA executive club registration is still down. Miss HikerT will be very disappointed if she doesn't get ~40% off all her favorite beauty products.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 10:22 am

Got only 24x so far

Did anyone else also get only one pending bonus (ie 24x) instead of two (36x)?
Old Feb 7, 2012, 10:26 am

Programs: DL Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by leftpinky
I dont know about that, but it is generally free if you purchase items over $150. Considering it is Nordstrom, that's MAYBE two items
Several months ago, Nordstrom.com changed to free shipping with Any order, All the time, no minimum. This is standard now.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 10:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
Originally Posted by drsaith
anyone know why the points guy says "free shipping till feb 6" ( http://thepointsguy.com/2012/02/brit...dollar-update/ , http://thepointsguy.com/2012/02/amaz...-at-nordstrom/ ) when today is feb 7 (the morning of, 2am EST) and the nordstrom's website says FREE SHIPPING, FREE RETURNS (all the time) in the top right corner of the page? ( http://shop.nordstrom.com/ )?
The free shipping til Feb 6 was on the BA website as a promo for Nordstrom. I'll update the original post to include free shipping all the time.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 10:38 am

Programs: UA GS, AS 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum
Bought about $300 worth of stuff yesterday. How long does it typically take for the miles to post as pending?
Old Feb 7, 2012, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by Gberg
Bought about $300 worth of stuff yesterday. How long does it typically take for the miles to post as pending?
Ordered my stuff right before the Super bowl, showed up today as pending with all the points I think.

My pending shows everything I bought at 12x, then I have a line for "bonus avios" which shows another 12x and another line that has "Nordstrom Bonus Avios" for another 12x. Total 36x which looks good so far. Nice deal.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 11:26 am

Does anyone know how long it takes for the points to post after they show up as Pending under "My Shopping History"?

Any insight will be much appreciated!
Old Feb 7, 2012, 11:34 am

Programs: SPG Gold, OnePass Gold, OneWorld
Originally Posted by i_gtgo
Did anyone else also get only one pending bonus (ie 24x) instead of two (36x)?
Same here.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 11:45 am

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by CodeAdam10
Does anyone know how long it takes for the points to post after they show up as Pending under "My Shopping History"?

Any insight will be much appreciated!
I ordered some items from Nordstrom before this promotion started. The purchase was made on January 22, 2012, and it still posts as "pending." The miles have not yet posted to my BAEC account.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 11:52 am

I placed the order on Sunday night 2/5/12. On Monday evening I received the order confirmation from nordstrom. The order showed up on the BA e store as pending status this morning (Tuesday) with 24 miles pending. According to TPG, another 12 mi/dollar should post within few days. I am keeping my fingers crossed for this one.

Anyone have luck inputing Nordx3 now to make purchases?
Old Feb 7, 2012, 11:57 am

I input the code an hour ago and it seemed to work. This was for a second order to test if the code will work more than once. We'll see...
Old Feb 7, 2012, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by jcmitchell21
I bought virtual gift cards through bigcrumbs @ 4% cashback. Took about 2 hours for gift cards to be sent. Gift cards bought products (all purchases show as pending 36 avios/$). Giftcardgranny shows services buying gift cards at 87% value. If items returned for gift card and resold to giftcard dealer, you are losing 9%, but gaining avios.

If buying large go the bigcrumbs route. If buying small, you could buy a reduced price gift card from a gift card dealer at a discount greater than 4%. Beware, only 1 gift card can be applied to an order.
Nice work. How do you plan on returning the items and getting a gift card? Removing the stickers?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.