Community
Wiki Posts
Search

500,000 Points in a single churn

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2011, 1:35 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Gold, HH Gold, National Executive, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by TheManofaThousandPlaces
You've listed 8 and I think this is about right. Add in the BOH card. Even though the applications are processed by the same service company that processes the BofA applications, there will still be an inquiry. That would be 9.

I expect the Citi apps will be combined, but that may not be the case. (-1?)

It is also possible, but unlikely that the Chase apps will be combined. (-1?)

Best case scenario: 7, likely scenario 8, also possible 9.
I did miss the BOH, which is definitely a separate hard inquiry from BOA. BOH showed up on mine as FIA Financial Services (BOA shows up as Bank Of America). Looks like you will end up with 9 inquiries.
Congrats on the app-o-rama!
Old Nov 3, 2011, 2:17 am

Programs: HA, DL, UA, PC Gold, A/club Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Pl
u going to try to bump the amex gold business now that they have a 75k MR points offer(with 10k spending?)
Old Nov 3, 2011, 6:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bitachu
u going to try to bump the amex gold business now that they have a 75k MR points offer(with 10k spending?)
Link?
Old Nov 3, 2011, 6:17 am

Amex PRG Business 75k link.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 6:41 am

Originally Posted by PaulMSN
Originally Posted by yoyo
Getting approved is just the first step. To keep them open before the bonuses hit will be more challenging. My bet is one of them will be spooked and started shutting you down and the others might follow. Good luck with your adventure, though.
Why would you think that?
I know someone that have done that not too long ago. Better fico scores than OP and with high HHI (probably top 0.5%) Banks (especially AMEX and Chase) are much improved in the past 5 years. It used to be they ran credit as soon as your submit now they spread your applications around and even double check your credit (soft pull) after a week or a month after approval. Of course everyone's experience is different so OP might be fine without any issues but I think there is a good chance he will get nailed with financial reviews or flat out shutdown.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 11:56 am

Programs: UA, AA, AS, DL, BA, HA, WN, SPG-PL, Hyatt-Dia, HH-Dia, Marr-Pl, US Mint/VR(retired)
My recent ap-o-rama

Applied (and APPROVED) for the following within the last month

35K - B of A Hawaiian
35K - B of A Hawaiian
35K - B of H Hawaiian
35K - B of H Hawaiian
50K - HH Surpass upgrade
50K - Citi AA Visa personal
75K - Amex Gold Biz MR
75K - Amex Gold Biz MR

50K - Chase Ink Biz (application still under review. WILL get it if I call Chase and close a card and/or reallocate credit)

July/August
75K - Citi AA Biz
40K - Alaska
30K - SPG (just cancelled the old cards and reapplied)
25K - SPG

April-June
50K - Continental
50K - Continental
50K - Sapphire
50K - Sapphire

Also... 18 year-old son got the 30K SPG card and I got a 5K referral. He transferred the points to me because he loves me...

Last edited by PatMike; Nov 3, 2011 at 12:05 pm
Old Nov 3, 2011, 12:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PatMike

35K - B of A Hawaiian
35K - B of A Hawaiian
35K - B of H Hawaiian
35K - B of H Hawaiian
50K - HH Surpass upgrade
75K - Amex Gold Biz MR
75K - Amex Gold Biz MR

50K - Chase Ink Biz (application still under review. WILL get it if I call Chase and close a card and/or reallocate credit)

July/August
75K - Citi AA Biz
40K - Alaska
25K - SPG

April-June
50K - Continental
50K - Continental
50K - Sapphire
50K - Sapphire

Also... 18 year-old son got the 30K SPG card and I got a 5K referral. He transferred the points to me because he loves me...
Nice haul! It looks like you are applying for at least two people here, right?
Old Nov 3, 2011, 12:53 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, DL, BA, HA, WN, SPG-PL, Hyatt-Dia, HH-Dia, Marr-Pl, US Mint/VR(retired)
Originally Posted by TheManofaThousandPlaces
Nice haul! It looks like you are applying for at least two people here, right?
Yup.

Also, I put my son on some of my cards as an authorized user (for coins) when he was 16, and apparently it gave him decent enough credit to get his own SPG Amex just as he turned 18. I'll try for a Southwest card for him next. He was turned down for Sapphire for insufficient income.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 2:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PatMike

35K - B of A Hawaiian
35K - B of A Hawaiian
35K - B of H Hawaiian
35K - B of H Hawaiian
50K - HH Surpass upgrade
75K - Amex Gold Biz MR
75K - Amex Gold Biz MR

July/August
75K - Citi AA Biz
40K - Alaska
25K - SPG

April-June
50K - Continental
50K - Continental
50K - Sapphire
50K - Sapphire

I think it's misleading to post a list like this without explaining not just that it's two people but which person applied for what. Approvals are based on person, not family, and so it's not useful to see a lit which was applied for by more than one person (for the purpose of gauging approvals, at least), without the multiple applicants being sorted out.

Also: Most of these programs don't allow you to share the miles/points within a family. So IMHO it's further misleading to list it all together like you did, because your list implies one person got 100K Continental points they can use for a single 100K award seat (overseas rountrip in business class), whereas if two people only got 50K each they can't do that (unless CO/UA now offers one way awards, but even then there's other 100K awards that you could get that are definitely indivisible).
Old Nov 3, 2011, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
I think it's misleading to post a list like this without explaining not just that it's two people but which person applied for what. Approvals are based on person, not family, and so it's not useful to see a lit which was applied for by more than one person (for the purpose of gauging approvals, at least), without the multiple applicants being sorted out.

Also: Most of these programs don't allow you to share the miles/points within a family. So IMHO it's further misleading to list it all together like you did, because your list implies one person got 100K Continental points they can use for a single 100K award seat (overseas rountrip in business class), whereas if two people only got 50K each they can't do that (unless CO/UA now offers one way awards, but even then there's other 100K awards that you could get that are definitely indivisible).
True
Recent ap bonuses (cards applied for in last 6 months)
Bonuses only (not spending points/miles)
450K Mike
395K Pat
Combined Award Wallet balance as of today 4,639,935
Will be over 5,000,000 after recent ap-o-rama bonuses post

Time to take a short break...
Old Nov 3, 2011, 3:50 pm

Programs: United Plat, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by dsssp
Well, I did citiAA x3 = 225k, Amex PRG= 75k, spg x2=60k, chase sapp preferred=50k, and US barclays mc= 40k, for 450k total in several days. If you include the fact that i did the same for my wife, then technically this is 900k in several days.
How did you do spg x2 = 60k ?

I got my SPG card last year in August and converted it to Blue card couple of months ago, as I did not want to pay annual fee.

Please suggest if I can reapply for this card?

Did anybody try applying 2x chase card in 1 day? I want to get Chase sap or explorer or marriott + Chase freedom on the same. Has anybody done so?
Old Nov 3, 2011, 5:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by abhicoolmax
How did you do spg x2 = 60k ?

Did anybody try applying 2x chase card in 1 day? I want to get Chase sap or explorer or marriott + Chase freedom on the same. Has anybody done so?
You can but from everything I've seen, the second card will automatically get declined. You then have to call the Chase reconsideration line and hope they will either reallocate credit limit from another card, or justify to them why you need two cards the same day.

I applied for the Marriott 70k card today and was instantly approved, but I'm going to wait the 30-60 days for another application. I already have 2 other low limit cards with Chase and very recently applied for the 2 Citi AA cards (Visa/Amex). I'm not in the mood for calling Chase reconsideration today, and none of the current offers are crazy amazing good in my estimation to make it worth doing for me, especially since I'm just getting my feet wet with the rewards cards. My credit is also very good but not great, so I think I'm done applying until the 1st of January!
Old Nov 3, 2011, 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by abhicoolmax
Chase hates when people do this. Your chances of being approved are very slim.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 6:40 pm

Programs: AA mm, Hilton Dime, Hyatt Xpl.& PC Plat, Miracle Fruit-su club
The answer - per the Chase reconsideration line rep - confirms what everyone has been saying. A business and personal card be done successfully for credit-worthy individuals and companies, but depending on which was processed first, a ‘too many applications’ denial may occur automatically. In that case, call the reconsideration line back and they’d see what they could do about getting the second card approved.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 7:19 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by keirnna
It sure is, I just applied for it and was approved last Saturday. You just have to call instead of applying online.
What phone number did you call?

Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.