[Expired] 50K AmEx MR for Additional Cardholders

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired] 50K AmEx MR for Additional Cardholders

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2011, 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by CodeAdam10
This is exactly what happens when a company is nice to their customers and allow them extras which normally wouldn't be possible. AmEx has been more than generous to all of us, with one offer or another. Yeah they decided to put a stop to this offer because of sheer abuse (people adding 15-20 AU's). So now AmEx suddenly becomes the enemy. We all knew this was yet again a Targeted offer, but MR is nice enough to allow us un-targeted members to take advantage of many offers, especially recently. Let's continue to keep ....ting on Amex and MR, let's continue to call & bother the reps and upset them any way we can, so AmEx can tighten their policies once and for all. That's exactly what they deserve because of their generosity.

+1
No good deed goes unpunished.

Last edited by aviators99; Aug 12, 2011 at 7:58 pm
Old Aug 12, 2011, 4:58 pm

I was able to add 5 AUs to my Personal PRG and 5 to my Personal Platinum (Gold AUs). They are all showing up when I login to AMEX's site. I'm not sure what AMEX's stance is on this. Will I get the 100k points from it? Or is AMEX just backing out?
Old Aug 12, 2011, 5:14 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by AnitaBryant63
I was able to add 5 AUs to my Personal PRG and 5 to my Personal Platinum (Gold AUs). They are all showing up when I login to AMEX's site. I'm not sure what AMEX's stance is on this. Will I get the 100k points from it? Or is AMEX just backing out?

I also signed up yesterday and added 4 AU to my Gold card but judging from what others have posted so far I think they "may" still honor the promo. Unlike other promos which were targeted but very broad in general, this promo was more specific as for Argentina only. The reason I think they "may" honor this is because they had honored very specific promos in the past such as the 75k bump for being a Columbia students, fairly certain NOT too many of us here are Columbia students but got the miles anyway. Also to avoid PR nightmare and to keep the Amex brand in good standings without the bad publicity that many will blog or tweeter about I feel they will eventually honor this as overall I don't think the number of us who did this promo is that great anyway as this was shut down within a few days.
Just my take on the matter.

cheers
Old Aug 12, 2011, 7:22 pm

All 5 AUs are showing under both my Business and Personal accounts now.

Now to spend a couple bucks on all 10 AUs and hope for 100k MR in 6-8 weeks lol
Old Aug 12, 2011, 7:45 pm

Programs: HHonorsDiamond
Originally Posted by freezone
The reason I think they "may" honor this is because they had honored very specific promos in the past such as the 75k bump for being a Columbia students, fairly certain NOT too many of us here are Columbia students but got the miles anyway. cheers
Funny you should mention that. When I called in last night to add some users to my husband's account I was told it was for Argentina targeted customers only. I had already called that morning and had asked for the promo on my account...no problem said the rep and added the code. She also told me I would get it for my hubby's card that had been added and had not been used yet. So 40K for my account.

Then the rep last night said they put the breaks on it etc. etc.... same as we have been hearing. But he was the one who told me about the columbia students promo and how it spiraled out of control and then Am Ex made a decision to just go ahead and offer it. He said that there is a very good chance they would not be giving all these people the bonus miles, even if they had the code added. But he said it might be a customer service nightmare and they may honor it.... he said we would find out in a couple months when people starting asked for the points!

I found postings just awhile ago on both Fatwallet and Slickdeals where people were told today that ANYONE who got the code added over the past few days WOULD NOT get the miles and would be told so when they called in and asked for them after 1st purchase etc. etc.....
Old Aug 12, 2011, 8:02 pm

Got any links to those postings?
Old Aug 12, 2011, 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by sargenet

I found postings just awhile ago on both Fatwallet and Slickdeals where people were told today that ANYONE who got the code added over the past few days WOULD NOT get the miles and would be told so when they called in and asked for them after 1st purchase etc. etc.....
In my opinion they should/need to decide now and act one way or another on it now before all the cards are issued, before they charge people a lot of $45 and/or $175 charges and before a lot of cards are then used, all in reliance on the word of their CSRs that the deal was applied. It is one thing to claim mistake right when it happens and immediately do damage control and an entirely different thing to reneg on it 8 weeks after the fact.....particularly when this was not a computer glitch but something handled live, on the phone with an Amex rep and even two Amex reps (one MR rep and one CSR).

What they are going to struggle with unfortunately are not the people that added 2-3 or even 5 people to their accounts but those that added a dozen or more across numerous cards.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 10:46 pm

Programs: AA PLT / 2MM
Originally Posted by sargenet
I didn't get in on time on the Chase Sapph Preferred 100K and was told by a supervisor that the people who got in on time would not get their points and/or would be charged if they already used the points. I'd chalk all this sort of stuff up to CSRs talking out of their a--es, unless shown strong evidence otherwise.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 10:58 pm

Applied for 3 platinum AUs on the phone 2 days ago. Also applied for 3 PRG for these same AUs. Called new cards department tonight as the 3 PRG were showing up on my online account, but not the additional platinum users. Customer service told me they had no record of the requests for platinum AUs. Strange, but I guess if AmEx doesn't end up honoring 5721 I lucked out not having to pay for the new platinum cards.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 11:37 pm

Originally Posted by mg949
Applied for 3 platinum AUs on the phone 2 days ago. Also applied for 3 PRG for these same AUs. Called new cards department tonight as the 3 PRG were showing up on my online account, but not the additional platinum users. Customer service told me they had no record of the requests for platinum AUs. Strange, but I guess if AmEx doesn't end up honoring 5721 I lucked out not having to pay for the new platinum cards.
They told me same thing but I insisted they check again and low and behold they found the request for them and put the request through.
Old Aug 13, 2011, 6:49 am

One of the names I added for AU has the first name spelled wrong. I would like to call in to change it but wondering if I do, MR may say they made a mistake and I won't get my 10k points on this even though promo has been notated and name has been approved.

Should I just forget about calling in for fixing the spelling of a name?
Old Aug 13, 2011, 7:57 am

Originally Posted by metoo
One of the names I added for AU has the first name spelled wrong. I would like to call in to change it but wondering if I do, MR may say they made a mistake and I won't get my 10k points on this even though promo has been notated and name has been approved.

Should I just forget about calling in for fixing the spelling of a name?
I'm not sure it's a big deal. I imagine a lot of people use variations of their first names (Bob, Bobby, Robert) on cards over their lifetimes, that it's not an issue-- even if it's a more obvious misspelling on your card.

last name, DOB and SSN should probably be sufficent to not cause any issues.
Old Aug 13, 2011, 8:05 am

Originally Posted by CodeAdam10
This is exactly what happens when a company is nice to their customers and allow them extras which normally wouldn't be possible. AmEx has been more than generous to all of us, with one offer or another. Yeah they decided to put a stop to this offer because of sheer abuse (people adding 15-20 AU's). So now AmEx suddenly becomes the enemy. We all knew this was yet again a Targeted offer, but MR is nice enough to allow us un-targeted members to take advantage of many offers, especially recently. Let's continue to keep ....ting on Amex and MR, let's continue to call & bother the reps and upset them any way we can, so AmEx can tighten their policies once and for all. That's exactly what they deserve because of their generosity.
Quoting this again to make sure no one misses it.
Old Aug 13, 2011, 9:06 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Global Entry, Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by metoo
This happened to me as well, and no adverse events occurred when I called to correct the name. Also the corrected card will arrive sooner, since it is sent through a different means of shipping.
Old Aug 13, 2011, 9:08 am

Did you call MR or CS to fix the mistake on the spelling? Mine was done through MR without being transferred to another department.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.