Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

[OP link EXPIRED]Hilton HHonor AMEX points - 62,500 (50k easy)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[OP link EXPIRED]Hilton HHonor AMEX points - 62,500 (50k easy)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2011, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PSilks
I got the card around May 1, met the spending requirement, and still waiting for the 30000. I was told up to 3 months when I called. So, will be calling again soon. You were lucky to have them credited. I also got the Citi Hilton and I am still waiting on the 40000 to be credited. Might have start calling on that one too!!!!!!!
First thing is to make sure you have the correct HHonor account linked to your cards.

If you did not submit your HHonor account number when applying the cards, chances are the banks opened an HHonor account on your behalf. The one from AMEX would not be the same one from Citi!

If you do have correct HHonor account associated with your cards, you need to pursuit this with the card issuers to track down your points.

Citi would send your HHonor points to HHonor immediately after statement close. The same information would also show up on your statement. If such info is on your Citi statement yet your HHonor account does not see the same thing, it is highly likely Citi has opened an HHonor account for you and the points are sent there. You can call HHonor to verify this and see how to proceed to merge the accounts if it is indeed the case. Then call or SM Citi back to make sure the correct HHonor account be attached to your Citi card in the future.

AMEX takes a little longer to post points but the process is the same and the remedy is the same if same thing happened.
Old Jul 21, 2011, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Saas
Not at all, but I recommend applying for both on the same day.
A sound suggestion though keep in mind there are still 2 inquiries because they are from different banks.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 8:08 pm

Programs: SPG, Marriott, Hyatt, CX, SQ, BA
how many nights can i book with 62.5k?
Old Jul 26, 2011, 8:47 pm

There's an award chart somewhere. I'd say that the Hilton points are generally inflated (as someone who is relatively new to the program)

I was looking at hotels near Times Square (I'm guessing those are considered premium hotels), and they're in the 50k range. So that translates into only one night. When I look elsewhere, there are redemption for 30k for an average hotel, so it's probably fair to say the 60k will go for one or two night depending on how you use it.

I can see why Starpoints and its points + cash option is so much better. You earn more per dollar spend with the Hilton card, but Hilton point redemption is inflated! I'm still new to the Hilton points program, but that's my impression thus far.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 9:25 pm
xp0
Original Poster

I agree in the sense that their hotel redemption seem expensive, and also can be -- But at the same time, their points are easier to get. SPG might be 5k per redemption, but you need to spend $5,000 to get 5k points. Sometimes you can get 6:1 Hilton Points depending where you spend your money so in that case you also need to spend $5,000 to get 30k points (same cost just represented differently)

I noticed a lot of places to be like 20-30k Hilton points to stay.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 10:20 pm

Originally Posted by Love_to_Travels
how many nights can i book with 62.5k?
Originally Posted by BOShappyflyer
There's an award chart somewhere.
Several, in fact. For the full monty, see http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...hing-else.html.

I was looking at hotels near Times Square (I'm guessing those are considered premium hotels), and they're in the 50k range. So that translates into only one night. When I look elsewhere, there are redemption for 30k for an average hotel, so it's probably fair to say the 60k will go for one or two night depending on how you use it.
As noted in the Making Sense FAQ, there are some extraordinary sweet spots -- available only to Hilton Amex cardholders -- that bring those same top-tier hotels down to 31-36K a night.

Originally Posted by xp0
I agree in the sense that their hotel redemption seem expensive, and also can be -- But at the same time, their points are easier to get. SPG might be 5k per redemption, but you need to spend $5,000 to get 5k points. Sometimes you can get 6:1 Hilton Points depending where you spend your money so in that case you also need to spend $5,000 to get 30k points (same cost just represented differently)
I'm a huge SPG fan, and there's no question that those points are more valuable, in part because of the airline transfer options. But rack up 125K-145K HHonors points -- as noted above, not hard to do if you focus Hilton Amex spend on the target categories (ISP, grocery, gas, phone) -- and you're looking at some very desirable reward options.
Old Jul 29, 2011, 7:30 am

Any chance that the 62,500 promotion might return?
Old Jul 29, 2011, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by kleintalk
Any chance that the 62,500 promotion might return?

It hasn't gone away.
Old Aug 3, 2011, 11:39 pm

Application Doesn't Work

I can get to the app for 62,500, however I can't get it to work. Not taking the birthdate information. Suggestions? Help.
Old Aug 5, 2011, 2:57 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Applied around July 1.
Instantly approved for $12k CL.
Received card 2 days later.
20k HHonors bonus points post 2 days later.
$5k spend at Hilton Sao Paulo on 1st day on 2nd billing cycle.
32.5k HHonors bonus points post 3 days later.

Now just waiting on my 2nd cycle to end for another 30k points from the Hilton spend (luckily company paid). I also just got approved for the Citi HHonors card, which oddly required me to send in additional paperwork. Anyway, quite happy to go from 0 to 200k HHonors points in the course of a couple months!
Old Aug 5, 2011, 8:12 pm

Programs: Anything CC gives me
How long did it take for anyone to get the 2,500 additional points for additional cardmember? I've already received the 20k + 30k points. Thanks
Old Aug 5, 2011, 8:19 pm

Programs: SPG, AA, BA, CO, UA, US, B6, DL, Amex MR, HH
Originally Posted by booyaa
How long did it take for anyone to get the 2,500 additional points for additional cardmember? I've already received the 20k + 30k points. Thanks
It posted before the card even came.
Old Aug 5, 2011, 8:21 pm

Programs: Anything CC gives me
Originally Posted by dinosims
What...I had SMed them about it and they told me to wait 6-8 weeks. Time to SM them again I guess.

For the additional card, they did have me call in to verify info (after my own card) before approving it, so I wonder if that threw things off.
Old Aug 5, 2011, 9:15 pm

Originally Posted by dinosims
What...I had SMed them about it and they told me to wait 6-8 weeks. Time to SM them again I guess.

For the additional card, they did have me call in to verify info (after my own card) before approving it, so I wonder if that threw things off.
Question: The offer in post #1 doesn't include any such 2500-point bonus for additionals. There are a few references upthread to an offer that does include that bonus, but (AFAICT) no link has been posted for that. So where are you seeing this extra 2500-point offer? Targeted email?
Old Aug 5, 2011, 11:26 pm

Programs: SPG, AA, BA, CO, UA, US, B6, DL, Amex MR, HH
It doesn't show up in the offer anywhere, however it must be hard-coded into the card benefits to award an extra 2500 HH points for an additional cardholder. I believe it's been in past offers explicitly though, and so just must not have been taken off automation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.