FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Discussion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion-627/)
-   -   Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion/930922-trick-negotiate-special-savings-lounge-thread.html)

Steppo Jan 14, 2015 8:20 am

Originally Posted by hellosweets (Post 24147279)
With proper amount of time (+-4days) and as much as 136 eur one can get OZ diamond status and 40k miles. This offer shows up randomly few times in a year requires good combination of OTA and airlines.
Everything needed to decode this post comes with this post.

Cashback included?
You might bring it down to 105,6€ ... but well.. it's a hell of a 'trip' :confused:

brumbrum Jan 14, 2015 8:24 am

Originally Posted by Steppo (Post 24164952)
Cashback included?
You might bring it down to 105,6€ ... but well.. it's a hell of a 'trip' :confused:

cheapoair via tcb?

Tratham Jan 14, 2015 8:37 am

Originally Posted by deissi (Post 24152661)
C3-C6 (still) dumpable with simple 3x. About 350 € AI, OTAble.

Very easy to find when after looking at the fare rules.

I payed $150 dollars one way on cebu pacific without any dumps (Manila to Sydney) Cheaper than your dump. :)

hellosweets Jan 14, 2015 8:44 am

Originally Posted by brumbrum (Post 24164484)
40k are in C2 on A3 IMO.

brumbrum might be right, although I cannot vouch millage will be accrued in the good fashion there as I haven't tested those routes.

One more clue: If you have many children that get sick a lot you can get OZ diamond and 40k miles for as low as 16EUR and many hours on the airports (as I've written before this offer comes and goes but is more or less randomly cyclic. Now price is available but not the earning class)
no cashback included :P

burito Jan 14, 2015 9:42 am

Originally Posted by hellosweets (Post 24165100)
.... If you have many children that get sick a lot you can get OZ diamond and 40k miles for as low as 16EUR and many hours on the airports (as I've written before this offer comes and goes but is more or less randomly cyclic. Now price is available but not the earning class)
no cashback included :P

Many children fell ill last year due to Greek epidemic, IMHO Chinese one-child policy would not be so amoral in this case...:)

Calgary88 Jan 14, 2015 10:00 am

C2-HKG
A380 (not Camel) 1x works, but anyone see any 3x working?

Many thanks.

ergoen Jan 14, 2015 12:44 pm

I'm working on the C2-HKG "exercise", but haven't cracked it yet. I think I have found the main connection, but I am not sure. The COMBINABILITY part on that fare contains the following cryptic part:

Code:

END-ON-END
    END-ON-END COMBINATIONS NOT PERMITTED. VALIDATE ALL FARE
    COMPONENTS. SIDE TRIPS PERMITTED.
  PROVIDED -
    COMBINATIONS ARE FOR CARRIER *****(name removed by me)
  END-ON-END
    END-ON-END COMBINATIONS NOT PERMITTED WITH FARES FROM/TO
    AREA 1. VALIDATE ALL FARE COMPONENTS. SIDE TRIPS
    PERMITTED.
    END-ON-END COMBINATIONS PERMITTED. VALIDATE ALL FARE
    COMPONENTS. SIDE TRIPS PERMITTED.

Now I can see three different (mutually exclusive) messages here:
1. End-on-end not permitted.
2. End-on-end from/to C1 not permitted (but everything else is)
3. End-on-end permitted.

Now which is it? I have been able to combine this fare with others while searching for a 1X, so I guess it's either 2 or 3...., but haven't found anything that dumps the YQ yet, so I'm getting a bit worried that I'm looking at the wrong fare..

check24 Jan 14, 2015 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by ergoen (Post 24166682)
Now I can see three different (mutually exclusive) messages here:
1. End-on-end not permitted.
2. End-on-end from/to C1 not permitted (but everything else is)
3. End-on-end permitted.

FYI: Areas 1, 2 and 3 mentioned in Fare Rules do not equate to C1, C2 and C3.

Originally Posted by paulTX (Post 10406548)
Area 1: All of the North and South American Continents and the islands adjacent thereto, Greenland, Bermuda, the West Indies and the Islands of the Caribbean Sea, the Hawaiian Islands (including Midway and Palmyra).

Area 2: Europe, Africa and the islands adjacent thereto, Ascension Islands and that part of Asia west of Ural mountains, including Iran and the Middle East.

Area 3: Asia and the islands adjacent thereto except the portion included in Area 2; the East Indies, Australia, New Zealand and the islands of the Pacific Ocean except those included in Area 1.

ergoen Jan 14, 2015 2:46 pm

Hm, yes I understand the regions, I was just not paying proper attention to the tabbing it seems :). (Also it seems new accounts are limited in the number of private messages one can send per day.. :p)

deissi Jan 14, 2015 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by Tratham (Post 24165058)
I payed $150 dollars one way on cebu pacific without any dumps (Manila to Sydney) Cheaper than your dump. :)

1. One way. 2. That's like saying you flew Norwegian transatlantic cheaper when the dump is for Delta. 3. The dump is not MNL-SYD.

ag2000 Jan 14, 2015 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by noamaan (Post 24163908)
So I found a tricked fare which is showing up on ita.matrix and showing up on google.com/flights. The flights are Delta/KLM/AirFrance mostly if it matters, and the 4-segment (each segment having zero or one connection) includes me hopping from C1 to C2 to MidEast to C1 etc.

But I can't seem to book it on any of the main OTAs (kayak, priceline, expedia, vayama, momondo, orbitz), and not on the main airlines either.

Can someone please suggest to me some other OTAs I can try, I'll be much appreciative.

Thanks!

Check available booking classes before doing anything else. ITA may show cached availability, and in reality flights are no longer available in this class.

Neil791 Jan 15, 2015 7:09 am

Just a quick one for those in the know, i'm looking at a *A C1e-C3 trip which needs to be flown in March and the best i've come up with so far is approx. $440USD ai with a
3x both showing on ITA and bookable on a major OTA.

I've worked it out to be about an 83% removal which is better than a kick in the teeth, but i'm thinking there's got to be a cheaper and more effective 3x to bring down the final tally?

hellosweets Jan 15, 2015 7:25 am

Neil if 3x is in c3 and forces you to use ANA on some segments, then it's the best you can get.

aTex Jan 15, 2015 8:44 am

Originally Posted by hellosweets (Post 24171421)
Neil if 3x is in c3 and forces you to use ANA on some segments, then it's the best you can get.

And if you're smart enough and have good skills in planing ahead, you'll book it for 226 E + somewhat of CC fees.

Calgary88 Jan 15, 2015 8:52 am

Originally Posted by Neil791 (Post 24171321)
....but i'm thinking there's got to be a cheaper and more effective 3x to bring down the final tally?

If you are thinking 100%, you'll be served appetizers first.

bertheike Jan 15, 2015 9:16 am

ist this low fare even more trimmable.

found a nice even tax incl. low fare
Anyone see a way to trim this down more ?

http://www.ebookers.com/shop/home?type=air&ar.type=roundTrip&strm=true&ar.rt.le aveSlice.orig.key=Manchester,%20United%20Kingdom%2 0-%20Manchester%20Int'l%20Airport%20(MAN)&ar.rt.leav eSlice.dest.key=Bangkok,%20Thailand%20-%20Suvarnabhumi%20Int'l%20airport%20(BKK)&ar.rt.le aveSlice.date=03/02/15&ar.rt.leaveSlice.time=Anytime&ar.rt.returnSlice .date=16/02/15&ar.rt.returnSlice.time=Anytime&_ar.rt.flexAirSe arch=0&ar.rt.numAdult=1&ar.rt.numSenior=0&ar.rt.nu mChild=0&ar.rt.child[0]&ar.rt.child[1]&ar.rt.child[2]&ar.rt.child[3]&ar.rt.child[4]&ar.rt.child[5]&ar.rt.child[6]&ar.rt.child[7]&search=Search%20Flights&_ar.rt.nonStop=0&_ar.rt.n arrowSel=0&ar.rt.narrow=airlines&ar.rt.carriers[0]&ar.rt.carriers[1]&ar.rt.carriers[2]&ar.rt.cabin=C&tduid=23203b2f8b6c8d2b4c09d7ed7e0fd 69c&WT.mc_ev=click&gcid=c3x087

Neil791 Jan 15, 2015 9:33 am

Originally Posted by Calgary88 (Post 24171937)
If you are thinking 100%, you'll be served appetizers first.

i figured that appetizers would be more effective than desert, but it never hurts to enquire if there's something sweeter on the menu ;)

anandrag Jan 15, 2015 11:58 am

c1e-c3 for $550 on UA. Not best of deals but with simple 3X so actually flyable... Great 2.7 CPM

seris7 Jan 15, 2015 12:11 pm

ist this low fare even more trimmable.
found a nice even tax incl. low fare
Anyone see a way to trim this down more
I would jump on it quickly, it doesn't show on ITA and on CX webpage found only a couple of more dates at that price which is half of the cheapest price for similar dates. On CX webpage it show 117.60 YQ so even at his best it would not be such a great bargain...
in any case you can shave 6.00 pounds by making the search on kayak uk... :-)

anandrag Jan 15, 2015 3:07 pm

Big Apple to Big Biryani in fall for 150 Euro. Enjoy some Big Buildings on way

C. Howitt Fealz Jan 15, 2015 3:38 pm

Can anyone do anything with this? PM me please.

http://matrix.itasoftware.com/#view-...LlYkxt0jtj1004

trapped Jan 15, 2015 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by anandrag (Post 24174368)

Wow great base. Is this OTA specific or a common 3x on this carrier?

anandrag Jan 15, 2015 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by trapped (Post 24174657)
Wow great base. Is this OTA specific or a common 3x on this carrier?

Didn't check multiple OTAs so cant tell. Also not sure what common 3X is for this carrier...

Watch your assumptions though. Multiple ones embedded in your statement

YogiTraveler Jan 15, 2015 3:48 pm

Great prices! :)

NYC - Sri Lanka 150€
NYC - Thailand 155€
NYC - Bangladesh 180€

anandrag Jan 15, 2015 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by YogiTraveler (Post 24174699)
Great prices! :)

NYC - Sri Lanka 150€
NYC - Thailand 155€
NYC - Bangladesh 180€

If only I collected their miles vs OW or *A...

trapped Jan 15, 2015 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by anandrag (Post 24174673)
Didn't check multiple OTAs so cant tell. Also not sure what common 3X is for this carrier...

Watch your assumptions though. Multiple ones embedded in your statement

Right, sorry should have said ITAable.

YogiTraveler Jan 15, 2015 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by anandrag (Post 24174753)
If only I collected their miles vs OW or *A...

If only I lived in c1... :)

anandrag Jan 15, 2015 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by trapped (Post 24174756)
Right, sorry should have said ITAable.

Not even assumption that I meant...

Originally Posted by YogiTraveler (Post 24174772)
If only I lived in c1... :)

LOL

trapped Jan 15, 2015 4:03 pm

I see! :D

C. Howitt Fealz Jan 15, 2015 4:03 pm

Deleted

flylonghaul Jan 15, 2015 5:20 pm

This is available to most of Asia for a little more.
And also available from other departure points :)

anandrag Jan 15, 2015 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by flylonghaul (Post 24175176)
This is available to most of Asia for a little more.
And also available from other departure points :)

Keep it to yourself...
US and EU airlines crying foul about "oil subsidies" the airline is getting to gain unfair advantage

flylonghaul Jan 15, 2015 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by anandrag (Post 24175186)
Keep it to yourself...
US and EU airlines crying foul about "oil subsidies" the airline is getting to gain unfair advantage

Indeed

nomii Jan 15, 2015 7:32 pm

Question for the pros - why do you even bother trying to find a 1x (specially a remote or unflyable 1x). For actual practical purposes, does this have any value at all? I'm assuming here that the 1x is something I have no interest in making part of some other trip etc.

3x I understand, since you can skip the last leg, but wouldn't skipping 1x just void the itinerary.

Or is it that despite conventional wisdom different airlines don't communicate well enough so you can risk skipping the 1x?

Steve_Kenyon Jan 15, 2015 7:39 pm

The bankrolled carrier fares were hinted at a few weeks back by WWE, no? Or are these different? In any case, almost too easy to dump fat.

Originally Posted by noamaan (Post 24175762)
Question for the pros - why do you even bother trying to find a 1x (specially a remote or unflyable 1x). For actual practical purposes, does this have any value at all? I'm assuming here that the 1x is something I have no interest in making part of some other trip etc.

3x I understand, since you can skip the last leg, but wouldn't skipping 1x just void the itinerary.

Or is it that despite conventional wisdom different airlines don't communicate well enough so you can risk skipping the 1x?

Good question, I believe there are very few 1x's which are safe enough to skip. I always thought the pro's moulded their future itineraries in such a way that meant taking the 1x made sense, although this probably wouldn't work for the really remote island hops.

Deltahater Jan 15, 2015 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by noamaan (Post 24175762)

It is all about the ability to plan and integrate. Here is an illustration. I live in Texas. I fly to Italy on miles. I then fly a 1x from Italy to say Switzerland to see the Alps. I return from ZRH to Texas on miles.

My next trip 3 months later is from Texas to Bangkok on the same ticket as my Italian 1x. I flew my 1x 3 months earlier, I got a benefit out of it, and it removed the YQ on this trip by 100%.

In Thailand I fly another 1x before returning home to Texas on my other ticket.

rinse and repeat.

this is why it is so important to have a variety of 1x and 3x and others available so that you can actually use them and not get caught with your pants down.

A $100 1x that you can use is better than a $40 3x you don't.

RangeXT Jan 15, 2015 10:07 pm

Absolutely agreeing with what Deltahater said.
Flying a 1x as a well integrated part of a different journey, more than 5000 miles away from where the first main flight of that itinerary departs are the sweetest ones IMHO. Simply because you use everything you paid for.
Though you can do the same with 3x.
But I think it takes a while and requires some knowledge to combine everything to work smoothly in the end. And of course you should be able to combine with your future travel plans

hellosweets Jan 16, 2015 12:50 am

Also some carriers do not report no show. Some of such carriers have flights that work as 1x. But this is more like playing chicken with the airlines. ;)

336 Jan 16, 2015 1:05 am

Russian roulette is a dangerous game. I would not make hasty conclusions based on some third party tales which were likely a fluke. Getting stranded is no fun. We all know the history...

pimpcoltd Jan 16, 2015 1:39 am

Originally Posted by RangeXT (Post 24176378)
Flying a 1x as a well integrated part of a different journey, more than 5000 miles away from where the first main flight of that itinerary departs are the sweetest ones IMHO. Simply because you use everything you paid for.
Though you can do the same with 3x.
But I think it takes a while and requires some knowledge to combine everything to work smoothly in the end. And of course you should be able to combine with your future travel plans

Yes, the notorious 1x issue is less about skippability or home fun with numbers than about travel patterns which go beyond the once-a-year holiday. Three days from now I'll be boarding a flight that I needed to take anyway. While in the air for a little less than an hour, I'll see my watch ticking at about -10$/min. Hence my advice: Do not only maintain a list of 3x's. Have 1x's ready for any country you might travel to in the future.