FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Discussion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion-627/)
-   -   Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion/930922-trick-negotiate-special-savings-lounge-thread.html)

h15t0r1an Jan 4, 2015 5:15 pm

duplicate. deleted.

h15t0r1an Jan 4, 2015 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by Alec84 (Post 24100478)
From the potential routes I found, HEL seemed to be the most logical "vodka", Finlandia Vodka, and someone mentioned that it is distilled six times, which I think Finlandia is.

bla bla bla bla BLA. I can see why people are complaining about ketchup.

I don't mean to be rude. I really struggle to understand any of this thread myself. But surely leaving things as code would be better for everybody would be more likely not to kill things? Even code is risky... but we don't need ketchup all over the floor.

flylonghaul Jan 4, 2015 5:48 pm

Originally Posted by Deltahater (Post 24101204)
This right here goes to show you that the real world works differently than the internet, animine etc.

so let's add some fare fun again. NYC-BKK $160

Wow very nice!!

Thats a tough act to follow.
Makes what Im posting look terrible lol
Spain to Northern Brazil 1 stop *alliance. 237 EUR AI

*Available to multiple locations for a little more

WingedWorldExplorer Jan 4, 2015 6:24 pm

This right here goes to show you that the real world works differently than the internet, animine etc.

Nice work. Gute Arbeit.

$151.82 . Without your posting it would have been a few days before I would have noticed that Base fare.

Blame the decline in oil prices combined with excess A380 capacity

skiwindham Jan 4, 2015 6:34 pm

Excellent find, especially since you can go the entire way on their A380.
And to boot you'll collect a lot of redeemable miles; just too bad you can't earn status on one of the airline associations.:(

EmailKid Jan 4, 2015 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by skiwindham (Post 24101598)
Excellent find, especially since you can go the entire way on their A380.(

Not sure that's a plus in coach :p

flylonghaul Jan 4, 2015 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer (Post 24101554)
Nice work. Gute Arbeit.

$151.82 on xxx.com. Took me the entire time of 3 minutes to replicate but I do indeed respect you, because without your posting it would have been a few days before I would have noticed that Base fare.

I managed to replicate $151.xx on what I would think is a reputable OTA.
I have meant to ask before, When you write xxx.com does that mean on a less than reputable OTA or have I miss read that?

Props on the find DH

WingedWorldExplorer Jan 4, 2015 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by flylonghaul (Post 24101721)
I managed to replicate $151.xx on what I would think is a reputable OTA.
I have meant to ask before, When you write xxx.com does that mean on a less than reputable OTA or have I miss read that?
Props on the find DH

Sorry, Did not mean to imply that you would get XXX rated service - though I could get lucky ! ! I just booked and ticket issued. Hurry- Not sure what is going on but available dates seem to disappear rapidly.

skiwindham
excellent find, especially since you can go the entire way on their A380.
And to boot you'll collect a lot of redeemable miles; just too bad you can't earn status on one of the airline associations.
Ce est la vie, mais pas la Guerre.

Tonight belongs to DeltaHater. ^

Epicura Jan 5, 2015 12:18 am

Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer (Post 24102209)

Ce est la vie, mais pas la Guerre.

Tonight belongs to DeltaHater. ^

Dear boys, available for 146 dollar. Mais néanmoins, une vraie découverte de DH à cause d'un BF extrêmement fort! Merci!

PHLightPhanatic Jan 5, 2015 2:13 am

Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer (Post 24101554)
Nice work. Gute Arbeit.

$151.82 on xxx.com. Took me the entire time of 3 minutes to replicate but I do indeed respect you, because without your posting it would have been a few days before I would have noticed that Base fare.

Starting from scratch - I'm still wading through the thread from beginning. Almost done with the 2011's. Hope to get caught up to present by end of the month. The riddles and the game to find or solve are fun challenges.

I was able to cut the NYC-BKK down to $511 using a 1X in C3. EK?

Are the big dogs (not be be confused with AFWD) always using ITA carrier+city+specific fare basis to save computational space for the 1x or 3x?

For this riddle I see xxx.com. This adds up to 3Xs? Or maybe just a website with three-letters.com? or maybe both? Does the french dialogue suggests a french city that is the 1x or 3x?

cagcag Jan 5, 2015 2:25 am

OTA??

Newbie here; pardon the simplistic question. On ITA, I have been able to find a workable fare with a 3X; it contains 7 flight segments, including the final 3X. Please inform me as to how to get this ticketed from the routing/fares I was able to get from ITA. Many thanks to anyone who can help me!

And, having found another fare/routing which includes 11 segments including the 3X, how could I go about ticketing this, please? Hipmunk and google flights don't allow for so many flight segments/

Mask Jan 5, 2015 3:23 am

Originally Posted by cagcag (Post 24103235)
Newbie here; pardon the simplistic question. On ITA, I have been able to find a workable fare with a 3X; it contains 7 flight segments, including the final 3X. Please inform me as to how to get this ticketed from the routing/fares I was able to get from ITA. Many thanks to anyone who can help me!

And, having found another fare/routing which includes 11 segments including the 3X, how could I go about ticketing this, please? Hipmunk and google flights don't allow for so many flight segments/

I've had success in the past with combining 2 or even three segments into one, and giving hipmunk specific flight numbers (::SU123, etc), so you get the right flights and can still squeeze your 7 or more segments into the 6 possible. Doesn't always work, though. I'm a noob too, so maybe someone has better ways.

KiteM Jan 5, 2015 3:49 am

Originally Posted by 336 (Post 24100490)
Very simple. Remove what causes the taxes.

I understand what you mean but it seems BF are higher than the posted prices if I try to avoid the kingdom........

Still searching for the correct route ^

flylonghaul Jan 5, 2015 4:21 am

Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer (Post 24102209)
Sorry, Did not mean to imply that you would get XXX rated service - though I could get lucky ! ! ^

One can hope :D

Enjoy the trip!!

brumbrum Jan 5, 2015 4:59 am

Originally Posted by cagcag (Post 24103235)

you don´t need to put each segment explicitly into the OTA. What about kayak?

KiteM Jan 5, 2015 7:43 am

Originally Posted by Mask (Post 24103359)
I've had success in the past with combining 2 or even three segments into one, and giving hipmunk specific flight numbers (::SU123, etc), so you get the right flights and can still squeeze your 7 or more segments into the 6 possible. Doesn't always work, though. I'm a noob too, so maybe someone has better ways.

I have some problems right now to use the codes on hipmunk.

Do you confirm it's working right now?
Thanks ^

burito Jan 5, 2015 7:51 am

Hipmunk not currently working with codes for me.

KiteM Jan 5, 2015 7:55 am

Originally Posted by burito (Post 24104241)
Hipmunk not currently working with codes for me.

same here.....it gives error as soon as I start the search

jpauls123 Jan 5, 2015 8:05 am

It is a squirrelly site at the best of times...

Alex100i Jan 5, 2015 8:41 am

Working on the travel to Okinawa, I need the 3x, noticed that:

Code fare:
QEUOTS Italy to Japan, base fare 33 EUR
QEUOTS Japan to Italy, base fare 33 EUR

February-March
OneWorld mostly

Hope to be on the good path to the solution..;)

liber Jan 5, 2015 9:15 am

Originally Posted by KiteM (Post 24103440)
I understand what you mean but it seems BF are higher than the posted prices if I try to avoid the kingdom........

Still searching for the correct route ^

almost Same problem here, i can avoid taxes, but on the way to oka I get the slightly higher bf due to the partner airline homebase stopover, don't know if it is a problem of dates, anyway I can't find suitable ones.

I use 1x cause I think I can fly it during a previous trip.

Any suggestions?

pimpcoltd Jan 5, 2015 10:20 am

Too much Weizen in Philly. 115 € on the bill.

goldconker Jan 5, 2015 10:53 am

Originally Posted by skiwindham (Post 24101598)
Excellent find, especially since you can go the entire way on their A380.
And to boot you'll collect a lot of redeemable miles; just too bad you can't earn status on one of the airline associations.:(

Pretty sure what airline this is based on BF. Can only get it down to $511 with 1x, same as other guy. Other searches can only find Y fares...

I can get a $200 discount on certain Guangzhou based airline. Hints?

brumbrum Jan 5, 2015 10:58 am

Originally Posted by pimpcoltd (Post 24105120)
Too much Weizen in Philly. 115 € on the bill.

1x in far down or something useful?
the base fare is nice, but nothing flyable under 300euros.

Deltahater Jan 5, 2015 11:04 am

Originally Posted by goldconker (Post 24105348)
Pretty sure what airline this is based on BF. Can only get it down to $511 with 1x, same as other guy. Other searches can only find Y fares...

I can get a $200 discount on certain Guangzhou based airline. Hints?

are you certain you have the right dates?

336 Jan 5, 2015 11:11 am

As far as I experienced, you need some patience and different attempts before you get it to show. Thanks pimpco.

flylonghaul Jan 5, 2015 11:18 am

DFW - India

136,05 EUR AI

pimpcoltd Jan 5, 2015 11:23 am

Originally Posted by 336 (Post 24105471)
As far as I experienced, you need some patience and different attempts before you get it to show. Thanks pimpco.

You're welcome. Don't just select. Select this...

metooleopard Jan 5, 2015 11:26 am

Hi all - long time listener first time caller. Have read through lots of this thread and have found my first 3x, which seems like a great milestone. Will keep working at it and not asking for any answers, but wanted to get clarity on fare rules where 3x's are permitted. My current assumption is it's only when end on end is permitted, and not where side trips only are permitted. Is this correct?

Current best effort is only a £40 saving on a UK->BKK flight, but it's a start...

anandrag Jan 5, 2015 11:46 am

Originally Posted by flylonghaul (Post 24105508)
DFW - India

136,05 EUR AI

Assume on 380-heavy fleet?

axIguy Jan 5, 2015 12:07 pm

YYZ - CPT

66.60 USD BF Each Way. O-fare on BA

END-ON-END
END-ON-END COMBINATIONS PERMITTED. VALIDATE ALL FARE
COMPONENTS.
Decent fare for the Cape from Canada.

So far only got to 464 EUR with an approx. 50% off dump.

elpueblo Jan 5, 2015 12:16 pm

Newbies, I can have that NYC-BKK flight for 140 EUR. If I use a stopover on my way back home, then 171 EUR. However that's not practical to me. I have to detour a little to make it useful and the price becomes 229 EUR without a stopover. I am still thinking whether I grab it or not because I will be at Patong next week consuming tons of beers.

From C1e, there are closer ones at cheaper prices. Strikes are here and there. Unless you want to use one of those particular pairs (because you are in those cities), look somewhere else. $511 price is quite high.

Newbies, some strikes are really day specific and direction specific. You also need a cooperating OTA/GDS team.

Comme on fait son lit on se couche.

paagal12 Jan 5, 2015 12:25 pm

need some help.

Been trying to trim the fat from alcatraz to big ben. Tried for a while now. Can't seem to cut the $540 yq. Should I be looking for a 3x in c3? C2? Sample dates
2/11-2/18. On *.
Thanks in advance.

Calgary88 Jan 5, 2015 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by axIguy (Post 24105889)
YYZ - CPT

66.60 USD BF Each Way. O-fare on BA

Decent fare for the Cape from Canada.

So far only got to 464 EUR with an approx. 50% off dump.

Je ne suis pas expert, mais votre rêve est réalisable. :)

Deltahater Jan 5, 2015 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by paagal12 (Post 24106023)
Been trying to trim the fat from alcatraz to big ben. Tried for a while now. Can't seem to cut the $540 yq. Should I be looking for a 3x in c3? C2? Sample dates
2/11-2/18. On *.
Thanks in advance.

Your actual travel dates have no impact on the YQ. The base fare might vary, but the effectiveness of your strike is not impacted by the travel dates of the SFO-LHR trip.

fuyao Jan 5, 2015 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by paagal12 (Post 24106023)
2/11-2/18. On *.
Thanks in advance.

There are at least 3 different dumps you can use to save lots of $$$ so it should be quite easy for you to find at least 1

boss315 Jan 5, 2015 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by fuyao (Post 24106770)
There are at least 3 different dumps you can use to save lots of $$$ so it should be quite easy for you to find at least 1

...and that would be? Curtain #1,2 or 3?

metooleopard Jan 5, 2015 3:17 pm

DFW-Ind

Originally Posted by flylonghaul (Post 24105508)
DFW - India

136,05 EUR AI

I think I've found the base fare - as a newbie looking for practice can anyone give some direction on this? Have tried various 3x with no luck so far - from reading the fare rules looks like there should be some good flexibility but any 3x appears to multiply the fare

vinvam Jan 5, 2015 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by metooleopard (Post 24107155)
I think I've found the base fare - as a newbie looking for practice can anyone give some direction on this? Have tried various 3x with no luck so far - from reading the fare rules looks like there should be some good flexibility but any 3x appears to multiply the fare

I think the currency is a hint -- likely a 1x in C2. Am I on the right track here?

delavenne Jan 5, 2015 4:37 pm

Hello,

I have tried and tried again for OKA but don't find any 3X that works…
I think the departure flight is through HEL while the return is through PAR but the 3X just adds the 3X :-/
Could you please help me a bit?

Thanks