FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Discussion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion-627/)
-   -   Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion/930922-trick-negotiate-special-savings-lounge-thread.html)

tarman121 Feb 2, 2024 12:19 am

Originally Posted by man4business (Post 35962380)
I can't believe what I'm reading. It seems that the blog, which literally ruined through its extreme greed, a lot of great deals, "isn't so bad", because by some miracle one of the schemes sold still works. Well, let's leave them alone, or maybe remind them that they can still sell it again.

youre missing the point.

its not about "isnt so bad"
its about them usually pulling their ebook from sale very quickly which means some tricks stay alive. so the notion of revealing the dump in this thread as a way to combat/punish them doesnt make much sense.
we'll only be shooting ourselves in the foot as the trick will 100% be killed within hours if shared here.

rythem Feb 23, 2024 6:17 pm

Found a workable fare from C1W to C3S in time for spring break. Good luck finding a strike. I don't have one either haha.

Edit: since this happened to me last time I shared. Unless you have a strike to share I won't respond to your messages

55minutes Feb 23, 2024 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by rythem (Post 36025849)
Found a workable fare from C1W to C3S in time for spring break. Good luck finding a strike. I don't have one either haha.

Edit: since this happened to me last time I shared. Unless you have a strike to share I won't respond to your messages

I'm not sure if the C1-C3 you're talking about is the same one I have in mind, but there are working 3Xs if it is. There is one particular airport at C3 that seems to work best for triggering things. It's possible to mix in other airports in C3 for arrivals and departures with prices just slightly higher, which might be better if you plan on traveling across C3.

Flyinghobby Feb 24, 2024 6:34 am

E or V - not cook-able!

Hairbus380 Feb 26, 2024 6:24 pm

Originally Posted by Scottyrocket (Post 35962239)
There’s only a small handful of knowledgeable people posting clues to deals here and a few thousand lurkers. Even the people who work out the methodology rarely are rarely posting 12 months later. Maybe there like me and prefer to travel in J, or maybe they start selling Ebooks.

I still like to search for dumps as a hobby, and I've been lurking here for long time since my last post. Currently looking for an open jaw for the 2024 euro matches for a friend. Found some candidates but dunno the appropriate strikes.

Some of my old strikes still work but not for this routing.

I stopped flying tricked routes because I got married, and my wife isn't willing to gamble on booking a vacation around a FD. I still enjoy the hobby of searching. And maybe one day I'll take a flight with some friends and they will be totally cool with FDing.

Alitam Feb 27, 2024 7:14 pm

C4-c2 // c2-c4 217

Bloemetje56 Feb 28, 2024 11:12 am

Originally Posted by Alitam (Post 36036137)
C4-c2 // c2-c4 217

I know this one, will trade PM for C2 - C3

ozzsolo Feb 28, 2024 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by Bloemetje56 (Post 36037909)
I know this one, will trade PM for C2 - C3

It's a trade place here? If someone had a chat with you or trust you, he will give you some hints or infos on whatever FD. It's not against you but you can be working for SF or else. During the last year, lot of crap happened to FD so even if I might know something about C2-C3 or else, I don't think I will share it with anyone except some people that I've shown to be some kind of ''guardians of the FD' or people I think I can trust..

Sisyphus1carus Mar 8, 2024 12:05 pm

Surprised this thread was so quiet yesterday given the EGP shenanigans !

oskiboski Mar 8, 2024 12:12 pm

LOL its everywhere. Muchos LA and habibi QR

PbodyPhoto Mar 15, 2024 4:18 pm

Has anyone managed to dump B6 after SF ruined it?

abcx Mar 15, 2024 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by PbodyPhoto (Post 36083672)

There are some low base fares on the DUB flights but looks like the rules don't allow any end on end or add-ons so haven't had much success. Would be curious if anyone else has had.

PbodyPhoto Mar 15, 2024 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by abcx (Post 36083676)
There are some low base fares on the DUB flights but looks like the rules don't allow any end on end or add-ons so haven't had much success. Would be curious if anyone else has had.

Yup, no EOE generally prevents a dump but we know thats not always the case in practice. Northing I have tried yet has dumped it.

ozzsolo Mar 15, 2024 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by PbodyPhoto (Post 36083672)

No an expert but dead for me...

Deltahater Mar 18, 2024 9:19 pm

Originally Posted by abcx (Post 36083676)

I just traveled on JFK-AMS RT on Sunday.. Candy condition. Somebody else just left JFK yesterday in the same condition.

PbodyPhoto Mar 18, 2024 9:21 pm

Originally Posted by Deltahater (Post 36091140)
I just traveled on JFK-AMS RT on Sunday.. Candy condition. Somebody else just left JFK yesterday in the same condition.

Plenty of people still traveling on old bookings. I have one old booking left too. Only asking if anyone has booked recently.

aktchi Mar 19, 2024 9:25 pm

I have been out of the game for several years (pandemic and other reasons). Trying to get back in. Anything working C1-C3 now? Please PM whatever you can share. Any communication will be handled most responsibly.

Deltahater Mar 20, 2024 9:39 am

Originally Posted by aktchi (Post 36093993)
I have been out of the game for several years (pandemic and other reasons). Trying to get back in. Anything working C1-C3 now? Please PM whatever you can share. Any communication will be handled most responsibly.

Welcome back. A friendly face from the legendary LH RGN battle. There are a few C1-C3 out there, but they are far and few between so people are very protective of them.

kiwibirdft Mar 23, 2024 12:31 am

C3-C1 rt USD310-320

Gongoozler Mar 23, 2024 9:17 am

Originally Posted by PbodyPhoto (Post 36083679)
Yup, no EOE generally prevents a dump but we know thats not always the case in practice. Northing I have tried yet has dumped it.

There is at least one practical construction remaining but value highly dependent on BFs. Probably not justifiable to most at the moment

Milice Apr 21, 2024 4:53 am

Hi
Is this possible to Dump ? I ran this on a personal tool allowing me to automate the strike search, but impossible to strike in x1, by the way if some want to collaborate PM me,

Combinability

END-ON-END PERMITTED. SIDE TRIPS PERMITTED. VALIDATE ALL
FARE COMPONENTS. TRAVEL MUST BE VIA POINT OF COMBINATION.
APPLICABLE ADD-ON CONSTRUCTION IS ADDRESSED IN
MISCELLANEOUS PROVISIONS - CATEGORY 23.

PROVIDED -
WHEN THE OPEN SEGMENT OCCURS
-WITHIN AREA 2 OR WITHIN AREA 3
COMBINATIONS ARE WITH ANY X-/V-/N-/Q-/E-/P-/A-/U-/T-
TYPE FARES IN ANY RULE AND TARIFF.

Sales restrictions

TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON HU AND MAY NOT BE SOLD IN EGYPT
AND MAY ONLY BE SOLD IN AREA 1/AREA 2/AREA 3

15cats Apr 27, 2024 1:22 am

How the F do I book a sandwich built on mtrx. Jfly and Fhub error on submit and PL doesn't accept deeplinks

maxvor Apr 27, 2024 1:46 am

Originally Posted by Milice (Post 36176591)
Hi
Is this possible to Dump ? I ran this on a personal tool allowing me to automate the strike search, but impossible to strike in x1, by the way if some want to collaborate PM me,

It's likely possible to COMBINE with that fare. Whether it's possible to dump -depends on carrier and other limitations (sorry, didn't check whose fare it is)

maxvor Apr 27, 2024 1:50 am

Originally Posted by 15cats (Post 36191713)
How the F do I book a sandwich built on mtrx. Jfly and Fhub error on submit and PL doesn't accept deeplinks

Depends on what type of sandwich it is. Simpler once you can typically reproduce on PL, GF or Kayak leg by leg. The ones with too many segments or for mixed class itineraries are tough these days. Happy if anyone have extra tips for those as they are the ones I'm typically after.

15cats Apr 27, 2024 2:00 am

Originally Posted by maxvor (Post 36191740)
Depends on what type of sandwich it is. Simpler once you can typically reproduce on PL, GF or Kayak leg by leg. The ones with too many segments or for mixed class itineraries are tough these days. Happy if anyone have extra tips for those as they are the ones I'm typically after.

Yeah I can't get mixed class to work. Very sad since my sandwich does not offer high class