FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Discussion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion-627/)
-   -   Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion/930922-trick-negotiate-special-savings-lounge-thread.html)

happyland Jan 5, 2015 4:51 pm

Anyone having any luck with 1x or 3x for the $1 BF C1-C2 fares from SkyTeam?

Epicura Jan 5, 2015 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by pimpcoltd (Post 24105120)
Too much Weizen in Philly. 115 € on the bill.

Sub 100 EUR (OJ). And my first attempt.

Edit: second attempt- 109 EUR RT and much more convenient for Pimpcoltd.

I think I'm going to BKK, perhaps even twice :D .

anandrag Jan 5, 2015 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by Epicura (Post 24107760)
Sub 100 EUR. And my first attempt.

I think I'm going to BKK, perhaps even twice :D .

Whats Min stay for BKK that you're finding? I'm not finding any quick 1-2 night turnarounds

Epicura Jan 5, 2015 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by anandrag (Post 24107836)
Whats Min stay for BKK that you're finding? I'm not finding any quick 1-2 night turnarounds

7 nights if I remember well.

anandrag Jan 5, 2015 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by Epicura (Post 24107859)
7 nights if I remember well.

Thx. Validates what I'm finding at 6+ night stays only. Need shorter stays so don't take so many days off from work.
Anyone find 1-2 night dumps?

flylonghaul Jan 5, 2015 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by vinvam (Post 24107487)
I think the currency is a hint -- likely a 1x in C2. Am I on the right track here?

Currency is a hint, but not of the strike.

Thx. Validates what I'm finding at 6+ night stays only. Need shorter stays so don't take so many days off from work.
Anyone find 1-2 night dumps?
Fare rules are 7 / 1M so no short turns available on this fare unfortunately.

fuyao Jan 5, 2015 6:58 pm

Haven't seen any postings recently for this route (or overlooked it) so I thought some might appreciate it if they are actually from there ;)

C5s-C1e AI RT 266$ on major OTA
to C1c or C1w add a few $

seris7 Jan 5, 2015 6:59 pm

Cheapest BF ever to C5s (not South Africa)

ST has released $1 bf from various US cities (SFO,ATL,WAS,ORD) to exotic Southern and Central African destinations, like TRN, KGL, LLW and LAD among others.
Just wanted to add some spice on the thread...

no27 Jan 5, 2015 7:02 pm

I'm looking for U.S.-TNR, (ORD or IAD) BF is $1, lowest I can get it to is around $550 with a 3x (though haven't found an OTA for it yet). Does anybody have any hints on a 3x that would shave off more than that?

I know I should have looked a long time ago for a working 3x and waited for the BFs to come down, but I never bothered because all I ever saw were BFs about 800 or so in each direction.

Any hints welcome, or PMs as well :)

doomxpatrol Jan 5, 2015 7:19 pm

Any hints for the DL .50 and $1 fares?

I am still a noob, but I have some *A SIN dumps to trade :). PM's are welcome if possible!

zoonil Jan 5, 2015 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by flylonghaul (Post 24105508)
DFW - India

136,05 EUR AI

Originally Posted by metooleopard (Post 24107155)
I think I've found the base fare - as a newbie looking for practice can anyone give some direction on this? Have tried various 3x with no luck so far - from reading the fare rules looks like there should be some good flexibility but any 3x appears to multiply the fare

I won't expect this fare with a 3x

more of 1x or a fancier construct

paagal12 Jan 5, 2015 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by fuyao (Post 24106770)
There are at least 3 different dumps you can use to save lots of $$$ so it should be quite easy for you to find at least 1

Thanks, will continue to grind away til my hair falls off.
Lol
Thanks.

PHLightPhanatic Jan 5, 2015 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by PHLightPhanatic (Post 24103217)
Starting from scratch - I'm still wading through the thread from beginning. Almost done with the 2011's. Hope to get caught up to present by end of the month. The riddles and the game to find or solve are fun challenges.

I was able to cut the NYC-BKK down to $511 using a 1X in C3. EK?

Are the big dogs (not be be confused with AFWD) always using ITA carrier+city+specific fare basis to save computational space for the 1x or 3x?

For this riddle I see xxx.com. This adds up to 3Xs? Or maybe just a website with three-letters.com? or maybe both? Does the french dialogue suggests a french city that is the 1x or 3x?

A little more progress today, Can drop to $551 on ITA using a C3 3X but cant get any OTA to price it out. Using fare basis in the advanced routing codes seems to bring out more interesting data.

oneworldmonger Jan 5, 2015 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by no27 (Post 24108310)
I'm looking for U.S.-TNR, (ORD or IAD) BF is $1, lowest I can get it to is around $550 with a 3x (though haven't found an OTA for it yet). Does anybody have any hints on a 3x that would shave off more than that?

I know I should have looked a long time ago for a working 3x and waited for the BFs to come down, but I never bothered because all I ever saw were BFs about 800 or so in each direction.

Any hints welcome, or PMs as well :)

Agreed about the OTA issue. The 3X candidates are all on airlines that don't seem to play well with ST. Any luck out there?

nwa330 Jan 5, 2015 10:44 pm

Originally Posted by PHLightPhanatic (Post 24108841)
A little more progress today, Can drop to $551 on ITA using a C3 3X but cant get any OTA to price it out. Using fare basis in the advanced routing codes seems to bring out more interesting data.

Seems other fares, with other airlines , can trim it lower then your $551. Time to give up on this and go back to the bread and butter that has been working for a long time.

You can almost buy a r/t on Air Norwegian for that price. I wont' get out of bed for a $551 fare to BKK. I need to see $400-450 which can be had almost all the time from some c1 airport.

trapped Jan 5, 2015 11:25 pm

Finally located my first curve ball. High base fares from Chi to Vietnam don't allow for much, but was able to remove about 1/4 of the fat. Anyone care to help me via PM on why exactly it works? I've read the fare rules and think I'm starting to see how its all related just would appreciate a nudge to possibly remove more fat or future fat.

31570324 Jan 6, 2015 2:15 am

I get the message "One of the flights you selected requires paper tickets. The other airline will not accept them. Please select different airlines." Is there any OTA which will still issue a ticket for this connection?

BrazilianGringo Jan 6, 2015 3:56 am

Originally Posted by happyland (Post 24107719)
Anyone having any luck with 1x or 3x for the $1 BF C1-C2 fares from SkyTeam?

I'd love some help on this as well. My standby 1x's seem to have dried up...

brumbrum Jan 6, 2015 3:58 am

Originally Posted by 31570324 (Post 24109950)
I get the message "One of the flights you selected requires paper tickets. The other airline will not accept them. Please select different airlines." Is there any OTA which will still issue a ticket for this connection?

I read something about this in T&Cs of cheaptickets.com. For a surcharge.

denis1991 Jan 6, 2015 4:06 am

Originally Posted by brumbrum (Post 24110237)
I read something about this in T&Cs of cheaptickets.com. For a surcharge.

But this would require interaction with a human, right? Not a good idea with missing YQ, I think :D

brumbrum Jan 6, 2015 4:37 am

Originally Posted by denis1991 (Post 24110265)
But this would require interaction with a human, right? Not a good idea with missing YQ, I think :D

definitely. I forgot it. And even didn´t know about Air Koryo dumps :-D

WingedWorldExplorer Jan 6, 2015 6:30 am

Originally Posted by seris7 (Post 24108292)
ST has released $1 bf from various US cities (SFO,ATL,WAS,ORD) to exotic Southern and Central African destinations, like TRN, KGL, LLW and LAD among others.
Just wanted to add some spice on the thread...

Make sure you get your Airport codes correct or you will end up in Piemonte Italy instead of Madagascar ;)

seris7 Jan 6, 2015 7:05 am

Make sure you get your Airport codes correct or you will end up in Piemonte Italy instead of Madagascar
Thanks for the correction, TNR instead of TRN, in any case would be great for me to reach TRN, too (I'm Italian...) ;)
Looks like a fare war is booming between DL and UA, both attacking enemy hubs, happy hunting!

Epicura Jan 6, 2015 7:21 am

Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer (Post 24110734)
Make sure you get your Airport codes correct or you will end up in Piemonte Italy instead of Madagascar ;)

I wouldn't mind either, I bet the truffles are much better in Italy ;).

Anyway,

Instead of Philly, if one needs to go to Texas, AMS-DFW available for 188 euro. BF is rather high (like factor +80, in comparison to other deals) but still a sweet deal for this route. Could be very convenient for different purposes.

Epicura Jan 6, 2015 7:38 am

Originally Posted by flylonghaul (Post 24105508)
DFW - India

136,05 EUR AI

Am I right to assume that one could need a certain forcing on the OTA to get the fare class right?

vikingX Jan 6, 2015 7:52 am

Originally Posted by Epicura (Post 24110933)

Anyway,

Instead of Philly, if one needs to go to Texas, AMS-DFW available for 188 euro. BF is rather high (like factor +80, in comparison to other deals) but still a sweet deal for this route. Could be very convenient for different purposes.

127€ if you start some hundred miles more south-east..

Epicura Jan 6, 2015 8:21 am

Originally Posted by vikingX (Post 24111119)

Thx! I did a quick check for that airport too, but at first sight seemed less interesting. Will have a second look but ITA is again a real PITA :td:.

flylonghaul Jan 6, 2015 8:46 am

Originally Posted by Epicura (Post 24111032)
Am I right to assume that one could need a certain forcing on the OTA to get the fare class right?

No forcing required :)

Epicura Jan 6, 2015 9:04 am

Originally Posted by vikingX (Post 24111119)

Same alliance but different airline (my BF is much higher). Also possible for your departure airport but price would be higher.

Mine would be for very specific purposes. Yours is a nice deal, nevertheless @:-).

brumbrum Jan 6, 2015 9:06 am

Originally Posted by Epicura (Post 24111609)
Same alliance but different airline (my BF is much higher). Also possible for your departure airport but price would be higher.

Mine would be for very specific purposes. Yours is a nice deal, nevertheless @:-).

and you both need to pay some 500USD to fly the 1x :-)

Deltahater Jan 6, 2015 9:25 am

Originally Posted by anandrag (Post 24107836)

You could nest them :)

Deltahater Jan 6, 2015 9:27 am

Originally Posted by Epicura (Post 24110933)

Anyway,

Texas has a lot to offer. We have rugged cowboys, sensitive metrosexuals, BBQ, Rodeos and much more. Certainly worth a quickie. :)

cgnSenator Jan 6, 2015 9:30 am

Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer (Post 24091021)
ROMA/BOLOGNA/FIRENZE Italia - OKINAWA € 141,99 - € 158,11 All-in R/T

Leave as soon as 2 weeks from now. OKINAWA is tropical.
Stay as short as 2 nights.

With the proper VIP card you can eat and drink yourself silly along the way. Sushi/ Sashimi/ Smoked Salmon/Vodka/Champagne/ /Curry Beef/Sake/Kirin.

With a paella appetizer and an old black beer digestive it is €132,-

anandrag Jan 6, 2015 9:32 am

Originally Posted by Deltahater (Post 24111751)
You could nest them :)

True!
Issue is that I am only finding good fares on 380 carrier which is not useful for me for mileage purposes. Would rather be on OW or *A. Nothing too interesting showing for me on those. Anyone find anything else?

bertheike Jan 6, 2015 9:50 am

anything out here for C2C - BKK ?

Any deal out for C2C - BKK for less than 300 Euro all in ? departure in JAN 2015 aprox 2 weeks.

Deltahater Jan 6, 2015 10:36 am

Originally Posted by bertheike (Post 24111911)
Any deal out for C2C - BKK for less than 300 Euro all in ? departure in JAN 2015 aprox 2 weeks.

C2-C1 100 euros
C1-BKK 110 euros

You do the math

Epicura Jan 6, 2015 11:09 am

Originally Posted by brumbrum (Post 24111622)
and you both need to pay some 500USD to fly the 1x :-)

Would you mind just quit the nagging and crying? Apparently these deals are not your cup of tea. Too bad, but move over and find something that could suit you.

How others will manage to fly their strikes at a reasonable cost (if any) is their business. We don't need you to do our math.

And with referal to the Wiki:

For that reason, it is unorganized, very content heavy, often lacking details, and written in shorthand. It takes patience and effort in order to understand the conversation and be able to participate as an active member.

Did it ever occur to you that it also might take patience, effort and strong planning skills in order to maximise the sweetness of some deals? Some people are actually able to use their strikes as a major benefit, not as a burden.

bertheike Jan 6, 2015 11:25 am

Originally Posted by Deltahater (Post 24112221)
C2-C1 100 euros
C1-BKK 110 euros

You do the math

thank you. But I thought about something max. 20 h per way.
C2-C1-BKK would be aprox the double, and this in eco. :( horrible.

miles are welcomed, but I fly because I have to, and not for fun.

nearly all deal with the desert Airlines gone. even OJ via AUH not works anymore

Epicura Jan 6, 2015 11:43 am

Originally Posted by bertheike (Post 24112575)

No offence, but this thread is mainly about deals for fun. We are not necessarily looking for the shortest and most comfortable way to go from x to y. I can understand that you are trying to optimise your costs, but if I absolutely need to fly from x to y for business, even on my own dime, I tend to avoid any risk. My working time is more valuable than saving a couple of 100's. You can not have it all.

Btw, QR has just loaded some very nice fares to C3, also in J.

nearly all deal with the desert Airlines gone. even OJ via AUH not works anymore

Now that's a surprise :rolleyes:.

WingedWorldExplorer Jan 6, 2015 11:52 am

Originally Posted by bertheike (Post 24111911)

FlyerTalk Forums Thread Wiki: Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
Please read: this is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread.
Last edit by: Deltahater
This is NOT the right place to ask: "Can you help me with a low fare for AAA-BBB?" This is not the beg-it thread, but the trick-it thread.
Best advise is probably to contact a professional travel agent. At Duesseldorf airport, as you walk up the escalators there are many travel agents who sell charter tours at very cheap prices, and they often include hotel.

Unfortunately, they may not know about 2Xs or Error based OneWay Business Class from C2 to Phuket at less than $ 800.00 since that requires special computer access.

If so, and if your hiney is too luxurious for Y then price should not matter and you can not afford to take any risk. Business Class for less than $ 800.00 to Phuket Island.

The deal proposed by your fellow countryman DeltaHater on desert airline has actually gone down in price to less than $ 150 all-in R/T over night, :

Originally Posted by Deltahater (Post 24112221)
C2-C1 100 euros
C1-BKK 110 euros You do the math

so his suggestion is the optimal

Originally Posted by Deltahater (Post 24111763)
Texas has a lot to offer. We have rugged cowboys, sensitive metrosexuals, BBQ, Rodeos and much more. Certainly worth a quickie. :)

and I always thought a "Texas Quickie" was receiving the death sentence by the Honorable Judge Roy Bean for committing an "Immoral or UnNatural" Sex Act and be executed in the electric chair the next day at sunrise.