Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 20, 2013, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
Do not call the airlines under any conditions! This is the fastest way to kill the trick and bring unwanted attention to your itinerary! And do not post precious deals in this thread, this is by far the fastest way to kill the trick!

This is NOT the right place to ask: "Can you help me with a low fare for AAA-BBB?" This is not the beg-it thread, but the trick-it thread.

This thread deals with unique combinations of routes and booking tricks in order to lower prices on airline fares. Prices that would astound the general public are often achieved by the posters in this thread.

Many people, including airline representatives, monitor this thread. For that reason, it is unorganized, very content heavy, often lacking details, and written in shorthand. It takes patience and effort in order to understand the conversation and be able to participate as an active member.

We encourage you to read the entirety of this thread if you would like to get started and to experiment as soon as you understand the gist of Trick It. Lots of time spent reading, practicing, and learning is the only way to be able to reproduce our tricks and discover new ones yourself. There are many, many people who ask for advice here, so productive members are only able to help those who have shown a concerted effort and progress over a long period of time (months).

If you have no idea what this thread is about, a good place to start are various blogs' posts on the subject. At the very least, read the Rules for posting in this thread. They're also listed in the very first post, below.

Older portions of the thread have been separated into archive thread by year. They are listed below

2008 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2009 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2010 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2011 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2012 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2013 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
2014 Trick It / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread
Print Wikipost

Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2015, 7:34 am

Programs: Yorkshire Coastliner
Originally Posted by avi1985
Hi everybody

I red this forum and thread for the last 2 month and I really appreciate another hint here or in PM. I really want to surprise my wife for her birthday.
I found the flights but couldn't find the 3X.
Did you find it on ITA or OTA?

thanks
If you've been reading the thread for two months and think you're going to get anywhere by asking for PMs with 3 posts to your name you might want to rethink your approach.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 8:16 am

Hi everybody

I red this forum and thread for the last 2 month and I really appreciate another hint here or in PM. I really want to surprise my wife for her birthday.

thanks
Congrats if she is worth 125 bucks ;-).

Following the action here since 2 months, better forget about that deal.

You cant expect to be competitive in a marathon after 2 months of training, too.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 8:52 am

woohoo! I did my first FD! knocks off about 50%+ of the fuel surcharge for some Asian airlines! It took some luck but now it feels good!
Old Apr 2, 2015, 9:19 am

Programs: Tim Horton's Gold
Originally Posted by nwa330
Looks like JFK-SIN has a good fare going right now.
Your price is not bad for April/May, it seems the appetizer is less Delicious than before

Last edited by Calgary88; Apr 2, 2015 at 9:31 am
Old Apr 2, 2015, 2:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA,AA,AS,BA
Hi everybody

thanks
Wow - 2 months. Her biggest surprise will be when you have to hurry to a cheap Motel 6 near your expected departure airport due to your flight taking off without you and her.

Has anyone noticed how I am trying my best to outdo RangeXT.
Skyy likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 2:45 pm

Programs: DL*DM/AA*G
Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer
Sorry, but his remark outperforms yours

To make a remark towards my O-fare question on BA, at least Q is here again

Last edited by cvision; Apr 2, 2015 at 2:52 pm
Old Apr 2, 2015, 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer
Wow - 2 months. Her biggest surprise will be when you have to hurry to a cheap Motel 6 near your expected departure airport due to your flight taking off without you and her.

He could prove to be a man of world and generosity and surprise her with two longhaul journeys. Could backfire, however, when she wonders why they fly from Cxa to Cxb via Cy: Disoriented guys are not exactly husband material.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 8:43 pm

Programs: NW Silver, CO Silver,SPG Gold, USMint Presidential, Chase/BA 100k, Airtran Wendy's cups
Originally Posted by Calgary88
Your price is not bad for April/May, it seems the appetizer is less Delicious than before
I don't mess around with appetizers.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 5:04 am

very funny, best jokes ever heard. hope that you have friend with such jokes
Old Apr 3, 2015, 6:12 am

does anyone know if MU is 100% dumpable? I have managed 50% dump
Old Apr 3, 2015, 6:39 am

Programs: BA, *A, Hertz Goldstar, Mucci wannabee, Waitrose, safari Oleg
Originally Posted by IancoleTX
Esteemed FDers, I am seeking your assistance.

I am trying to book a trip for mom, dad, brother for little brother's graduation and family's first time abroad. Very flexible in terms, seeking roughly 2 week itinerary in July originating IAH (or AUS, DAL if savings) and O/J to any two points in or around Germany that are a good distance apart, example DUS/VIE or MUC/MXP, etc, but very flexible. If anyone can help me cut some fat for my family's budget I would truly appreciate it, not opposed to fair compensation for anyone's time - I respect how much work some of you have put into learning this craft. Please PM if you can help, thanks kindly for the consideration.
Try Air Berlin if you can get to any of their start points. Don't trick it with family.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 6:51 am

Programs: BA, *A, Hertz Goldstar, Mucci wannabee, Waitrose, safari Oleg
Originally Posted by IancoleTX
I am very familiar with the CC game and have miles for my and wife's travel plans next year, but parents are from small town, self-employed, and do not have sufficient credit history/score for signups/MS. Good thought though.
If you are well travelled and know your way round the points schemes, then could you use your own miles to book tickets for your family?

You sound sophisticated enough to be able to use your own miles to help your parents who need it and then to know how to earn more miles for your own trip for next year.

Last edited by h15t0r1an; Apr 3, 2015 at 7:03 am
Old Apr 3, 2015, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by billotos
does anyone know if MU is 100% dumpable? I have managed 50% dump
me too. And all-in is usually higher than without a dessert...
Old Apr 3, 2015, 3:01 pm

Any C1e looking to make it out to the newest Ultra addition can do it for 451.85 Euro with dessert.

Last edited by QEternity; Apr 6, 2015 at 8:34 am
Old Apr 3, 2015, 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by QEternity
Any C1e looking to make it out to the newest Ultra addition can do it for $550 with dessert.
I think you can do it without a dessert actually.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.