Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Wickedly Low Biz Class Fare from YYZ to LCA (Cyprus) on AZ (Alitalia)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] Wickedly Low Biz Class Fare from YYZ to LCA (Cyprus) on AZ (Alitalia)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2006, 10:16 am
Suspended

Programs: Continental Gold Elite, United Premier Executive
Originally Posted by coolw12
But you are probably right about letting things cool down first. As I posted earlier, the Rome office hasn't dealt with the whole rule issue yet, or so says Palermo.
I actually take the opposite tack and suggest that maximum pressure be applied in the near-term - no one will hear you scream if you get the shaft from this s**tshow six months from now.
Old Apr 12, 2006, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by HeathrowGuy
I actually take the opposite tack and suggest that maximum pressure be applied in the near-term - no one will hear you scream if you get the shaft from this s**tshow six months from now.
This is also true. But for the moment at least, no one is budging and won't be until AZ has some more time to sort this out.

I think waiting a week, which is what I was told to do by AZ, is reasonable (if annoying). Six months is not, you're certainly right about that. But it doesn't have to be at this very moment, at this very second.
Old Apr 12, 2006, 10:30 am

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
A question and a comment:

QUESTION: if our itinerary shows up complete on mytripsandmore (but not on Orbitz) do we think it's good to go? (Tix arrived yesterday, as for many).

A COMMENT: I'd like to do a date change and get my FCO-LCA segment from Y to biz. But heck -- I'm going to LCA for $33. Personally, I'm planning to send a nice letter to Orbitz thanking them for going to bat for me, and plan to direct as much of my future business to them as makes sense.
Old Apr 12, 2006, 10:31 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, UA Premier, Hilton Gold
Where on the paper ticket would that data be? Is it the 6 digit number next to INV (which didn't work for me) ? My booking are still showing incorrectly on Orbitz (although they are correct on the paper tickets), so I am curious to see whether I was actually reinstated.

If you booked via Orbitz, you can view your booking on mytripandmore.com (Worldspan) with the PNR indicated on the face of your paper ticket.
Old Apr 12, 2006, 10:36 am

Programs: AF/KLM Plat For Life/UA Million Miler-PremEx For Life/SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Peatisback
I'm willing to bet it will be a very similar response to the first one from a different agent. I wish Orbitz/CT/Alitalia etc. would set up a dedicated phone number or e-mail address to handle all of this. Or at the very least, send out an e-mail to everyone with conisistent information that addresses many of the issues we've been discussing. Maybe it's time to write an e-mail to some of the Orbitz/AZ executives.

take note of this excellent, long overdue suggestion az, orbitz, ct
Old Apr 12, 2006, 10:38 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by yevlesh2
Where on the paper ticket would that data be? Is it the 6 digit number next to INV (which didn't work for me) ? My booking are still showing incorrectly on Orbitz (although they are correct on the paper tickets), so I am curious to see whether I was actually reinstated.
It's the six character code under "PNR/Itinerary Code" (or words to that effect) in the center-right hand part of the ticket.
Old Apr 12, 2006, 10:39 am

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Alpha Golf

QUESTION: if our itinerary shows up complete on mytripsandmore (but not on Orbitz) do we think it's good to go? (Tix arrived yesterday, as for many).
I'm in the same boat. I can be patient until next week before calling Orbitz to get the tix reinstated and visible on their site.

A COMMENT: I'd like to do a date change and get my FCO-LCA segment from Y to biz. But heck -- I'm going to LCA for $33. Personally, I'm planning to send a nice letter to Orbitz thanking them for going to bat for me, and plan to direct as much of my future business to them as makes sense.
Great attitude! ^ Very refreshing change from all of the lawsuit threats this thread is seeing.
--
13F
Old Apr 12, 2006, 10:39 am

I my case mytripsandmore shows my reservation as it was before it was cancelled, it was reinstated later, dates charged, routing changed, seats changed, but mytripsandmore still shows the old itin.
Old Apr 12, 2006, 10:40 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, UA Premier, Hilton Gold
Ahh found it now, thanks! Looks like all of mine are showing up correctly in Worldspan .

It's the six character code under "PNR/Itinerary Code" (or words to that effect) in the center-right hand part of the ticket.
Old Apr 12, 2006, 10:44 am
Suspended

Programs: NW Plat, UA 2P, DL FO, HH Silver, Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by Mateo4321
2) Could not add a stopover in FCO since it would cause a reprice.
Keep in mind, if your arrival and departure to/from FCO is w/in 24hrs it is not considered a stopover, but rather, a connection. That will be my argument when calling to change the FCO-YYZ portion on the return, and leaving the LCA-FCO as is.
Old Apr 12, 2006, 10:44 am

Interesting CBC Radio interview with a guy with whom I work... here's the link to listen (MP3 format):
http://www.whatwetalkedaboutatlunch...._interview.mp3

-dr
Old Apr 12, 2006, 10:45 am
Suspended

Here are the relevant rules from IATA - Section 2 covers ticketing:

http://www.iata.org/NR/ContentConnec...ments_5_01.pdf
Old Apr 12, 2006, 10:55 am

Programs: AA 0.4MM, BA G, LH SEN,TK S, HH Dia, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by dico
Interesting CBC Radio interview with a guy with whom I work... here's the link to listen (MP3 format):
http://www.whatwetalkedaboutatlunch...._interview.mp3

-dr
Thanks...this is really nice!
Old Apr 12, 2006, 11:00 am
Suspended

Monitor Airfare and Catch Filing Errors Immediately
Wednesday April 12, 12:30 pm ET

DALLAS, April 12 /PRNewswire/ -- Many airlines have experienced first-hand the awkward situation of releasing an incorrect fare into the market. While most times airlines catch the mistake before the markets do, the occasional error bubbles up and savvy consumers can create a firestorm of bookings.

To address this problem, FareCompare announced today the launch of its FareChecker tool, a patent-pending process for vetting all new fares filed. Now all airlines can easily monitor their fares and catch anomalous filings immediately.

FareChecker tracks new fares against current fares in the market, producing a watch list of major fare changes. Airlines can subscribe to the watch list and use this as a quick check to ensure that fare changes in the most recent update are intended. In addition, FareCompare provides instant alert functionality for any fare filings that fall significantly outside of historical ranges enabling carriers to catch "fat finger" mistakes before they can be picked up in the market.

"We originally developed our FareChecker solution for our consumer site (http://www.farecompare.com) and in the process recognized that fare alerts can be even more important to the carriers," commented Rick Seaney, CEO. "Based on our current algorithms, we are confident we can identify any and all fare mistakes."

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/060412/nyw088.html?.v=52
Old Apr 12, 2006, 11:01 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by coolw12
Awww. Well, thanks for trying at least. Don't know how the COC stuff will come into play. I am being told by all parties that the rules don't apply. The thing about "valid only for the segment or segments specified on the tickets" could be construed as meaning that the segments were tied into specific dates, therefore changing dates would result in having to pay the fare differential. It's certainly not ironclad. But again, thanks for trying. It's much appreciated.

And here comes again the question that I already postet twice but did not get an answer:

Why would a date change not be possible?

I never ever bought a business class ticket that was not allowed to change dates!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.