Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Wickedly Low Biz Class Fare from YYZ to LCA (Cyprus) on AZ (Alitalia)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] Wickedly Low Biz Class Fare from YYZ to LCA (Cyprus) on AZ (Alitalia)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2006, 4:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

As I understand it from an AZ rep, some tickets have been reinstated, and many of those from later months have not been reinstated yet, but even in some (most?) cases where tickets have been reinstated, it is not reflecting on Orbitz' site. So be patient, I guess.
Old Apr 12, 2006, 4:39 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, MM, AS MVP, Lifetime Skyclub, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, National Exec Elite, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by anonplz
As I understand it from an AZ rep, some tickets have been reinstated, and many of those from later months have not been reinstated yet, but even in some (most?) cases where tickets have been reinstated, it is not reflecting on Orbitz' site. So be patient, I guess.
Is it still true that Alitalia is reinstating the tickets and not the TA (orbitz) ?

Has anyone had luck getting AZ to change economy bookings on CY back to business?
Old Apr 12, 2006, 4:40 pm

Programs: CO Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
Sorry if I'm repeating knows facts but I just got off with Orbitz and got some interesting info..

According to the woman I spoke with at the international travel desk I can mail my tickets in (with some kind of tracking number) and they will make any changes in accordance with the original fair rules (assuming the fare is available). She said they will charge me $30 for the change and the cost of shipping. They would ship via USPS for no charge but no way to track it if it gets lost.

Also she said I can make the changes directly at the Alitalia ticketing counter at any airport (Note: Orbitz must "release" your ticket prior to them making the change)

I think this is starting to sound like it could work well..
Old Apr 12, 2006, 4:42 pm

Programs: CO Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by gaugeguy
Is it still true that Alitalia is reinstating the tickets and not the TA (orbitz) ?

Has anyone had luck getting AZ to change economy bookings on CY back to business?
I spoke to Orbitz and they said Y is the highest fare class they can book but you are ticketed in Business. I don't really understand this but she assured me I'll be sitting in J.
Old Apr 12, 2006, 4:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by AVIZ
Sorry if I'm repeating knows facts but I just got off with Orbitz and got some interesting info..

According to the woman I spoke with at the international travel desk I can mail my tickets in (with some kind of tracking number) and they will make any changes in accordance with the original fair rules (assuming the fare is available). She said they will charge me $30 for the change and the cost of shipping. They would ship via USPS for no charge but no way to track it if it gets lost.

Also she said I can make the changes directly at the Alitalia ticketing counter at any airport (Note: Orbitz must "release" your ticket prior to them making the change)

I think this is starting to sound like it could work well..
This is sounding better. I may have to take a trip to ORD this weekend Anyone know the operating hours at T5?
Old Apr 12, 2006, 4:47 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA, WN, DL
Originally Posted by patrickATX
If anyone wants to see the original CheapTickets fare rules screen capture, you can view it at http://www.patricks-place.com/ft/farerules.jpg

This is courtesy of esofina, many thanks for providing this.
Thank you patrickATX and esofina!!! ^
Old Apr 12, 2006, 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by Mateo4321
This is sounding better. I may have to take a trip to ORD this weekend Anyone know the operating hours at T5?
Their # is 773.686.5934 (no answer, just now). I think the MXP flight departs at 3:20pm, though.
Old Apr 12, 2006, 4:50 pm

Programs: AF/KLM Plat For Life/UA Million Miler-PremEx For Life/SPG Gold
Cheap Tickets Update

Just got off the phone with Archie at 888-378-9638 at Cheap Tickets.

AZ is in receipt of all the CT 'fare mistake' itins that generated ticket numbers. AZ is in the process of reinstating all of these tickets. CT will 'likely' send out an 'automated email' with the reinstated itins once that process is complete. However, Archie could not advise as to the timetable for reinstatement of tickets. After I asked Archie if there were any other mitigating circumstances that I should be aware of, he said,

"THE REINSTATEMENTS ARE A QUESTION OF WHEN, NOT IF".

All my CT itins have been noted by Archie as eligible for reinstatement. Since most of my flights are Aug/Sep/Oct, I'm in no rush. The certainty, not the speed of resolution has always been my goal.

BTW, I did NOT ask him about any of the possible fare rule issues (date changes, etc.) as I didn't want to muddy the waters!
Old Apr 12, 2006, 4:58 pm

CheapTickets Fare Rules
Orbitz Fare Rules
ExpertFlyer Fare Rules

Just wanted to put all these original fare rule screen captures and such in the same place. I don't believe one for Travelocity has turned up yet?
Old Apr 12, 2006, 5:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: Continental Gold Elite, United Premier Executive
Originally Posted by AVIZ
I spoke to Orbitz and they said Y is the highest fare class they can book but you are ticketed in Business. I don't really understand this but she assured me I'll be sitting in J.
Orbitz is BSing you - a Y booking class will find you seated in Coach at the airport - Orbitz can call Alitalia Support Desk and work with the AZ rep. to get you booked into D with no problem.
Old Apr 12, 2006, 5:02 pm

Programs: PC: Platinum, DL: PM, National: Exec
Originally Posted by bigbrownboy
CheapTickets Fare Rules
Orbitz Fare Rules
ExpertFlyer Fare Rules

Just wanted to put all these original fare rule screen captures and such in the same place. I don't believe one for Travelocity has turned up yet?
Wow, over 80 hits to the CheapTickets screenshot in 31 minutes. More people looking than I thought would be interested.

Thanks for pulling it all together bigbrownboy
Old Apr 12, 2006, 5:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Peninsula
Brief recap...

Purchased tickets on CT at ~12:30 AM/PDT
Have an Alitalia (055...) ticket number
Tickets sent UPS but recalled to Nashville
Itinerary on CT shows only EWR>YYZ leg
Your situation is almost identical to mine.

CheapTickets has reassured me that my tickets will be honored (reinstated) over the course of several phone calls and they have been re-dispatched via UPS and are scheduled to arrive at my doorstep tomorrow.
Old Apr 12, 2006, 6:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Has it seriously been over an hour since the last post?
Old Apr 12, 2006, 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by coolw12
TLC changed the date of my MXP-YYZ leg!!! I'm pretty sure they did this so I can't argue that the rules they sent me aren't valid as I had a stopover before and now I don't. ARGHH!!!!!
I take that back. It was AZ that did it. TLC.ca has, so far, been by far the most helpful party I've dealt with in this whole matter. Spoke to the supe who was the one that picked up my call (I wish I remembered his name, always forget that part) and spent about 10 minutes on the phone with him as he was trying to pull up the historical fare rules for my itin, without any success. AZ apparently completely wiped out any record of the original fare rules with the original fare price. I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but none of the fare rules that have been posted here include the ACTUAL FARE, so even if one was able to get them to honor the "date change allowed" part, they'd HAVE to use the new fare, as there is no record of the original fare at all. As I said, he tried for about 10 mins to bring up the original fare rules with the price but was unable to. At least for Sabre.

He was completely and totally frank and honest with me and had some not too kind words about AZ. I was absolutely flabbergasted. Is this how they do things in Canada? If so, I need to get my ... up there. As AZ sales was closed, he couldn't really do anything, but he promised me on Monday, when his shift started again, that he would personally call AZ sales and get this resolved. I asked if, when he called, if he could push the dates out, and while he didn't say yes, he didn't say no either.

We actually had a very good conversation and we talked about the whole issue. Then the whole matter of MRs came up. He told me that he was puzzled there were a lot of bookings that were just straight shots back and forth. I then explained to him about the whole MR thing and how you could pretty much get a free NA flight and he said that he wished he had gotten in on the deal himself! TLC.ca is my new online TA from now on, even if I'm travelling in the US (provided they come through, which seems pretty likely). Oh Canada!!
Old Apr 12, 2006, 7:19 pm

Changing the rules...

Posts relating to the inappropriate, neh, illegal change of the fare rules by AZ subsequent to original ticketing have been stressing the retraction of allowed date and stopover changes. Seems to me the greatest impact on these new rules is no refunds. This has far greater import on the egregious nature of this action...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.