Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Wickedly Low Biz Class Fare from YYZ to LCA (Cyprus) on AZ (Alitalia)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] Wickedly Low Biz Class Fare from YYZ to LCA (Cyprus) on AZ (Alitalia)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2006, 7:04 am
Suspended

Programs: Continental Gold Elite, United Premier Executive
Here's what I just fired off to Orbitz:

To Whom It May Concern:

With respect to my reservation (XXXXXXXX), I noticed that Alitalia has attempted to unilaterally change the rules of the ticket after purchase, without notice to me and with an absence of any additional consideration for the amended terms. Therefore, such changes made by Alitalia are not binding, and I fully expect the fare rules that were in effect at the time of my ticket purchase to be honored in full. In order to clarify any confusion, I have attached a copy of the fare rules in effect for my ticket at the time of purchase as an Adobe PDF attachment to this email.

Specifically, Alitalia tried to add fare rule language prohibiting date changes and stopovers. I note that the fare rules at time of ticket purchase specifically allow both date changes and stopovers free of charge, and, in the absence of any additional consideration by Alitalia for making such rule changes, the Alitalia fare rule changes are VOID under applicable contract laws and not binding upon any customers.

As I look forward to my August trip to Larnaca, I fully expect that neither Orbitz nor Alitalita will attempt to flout their contractual obligations, and will allow changes and stopovers on the ticket, if necessary or desired, under the terms agreed to at the time of purchase.

Regards,
HeathrowGuy
Old Apr 12, 2006, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by HeathrowGuy

To Whom It May Concern:

With respect to my reservation (XXXXXXXX), I noticed that Alitalia has attempted to unilaterally change the rules of the ticket after purchase, without notice to me and with an absence of any additional consideration for the amended terms. Therefore, such changes made by Alitalia are not binding, and I fully expect the fare rules that were in effect at the time of my ticket purchase to be honored in full. In order to clarify any confusion, I have attached a copy of the fare rules in effect for my ticket at the time of purchase as an Adobe PDF attachment to this email.

Specifically, Alitalia tried to add fare rule language prohibiting date changes and stopovers. I note that the fare rules at time of ticket purchase specifically allow both date changes and stopovers free of charge, and, in the absence of any additional consideration by Alitalia for making such rule changes, the Alitalia fare rule changes are VOID under applicable contract laws and not binding upon any customers.

As I look forward to my August trip to Larnaca, I fully expect that neither Orbitz nor Alitalita will attempt to flout their contractual obligations, and will allow changes and stopovers on the ticket, if necessary or desired, under the terms agreed to at the time of purchase.

Regards,
HeathrowGuy
If Orbitz is anything like CT, which I imagine they would, seeing as they're owned by the same company, they'll probably just tell you to call CS. That's the response I got sending an email along these lines TWICE to CT.
Old Apr 12, 2006, 7:22 am

Programs: DL DM, Starwood Plat, Hertz 5*

To Whom It May Concern:

Regards,
HeathrowGuy

Great e-mail! ^ Maybe I should send them an e-mail too....
I have my paper tix in hand......now do I need to call AZ or Orbitz or just wait for them to figure things out and call next week? My tixs show up on mytripandmore.com but on the orbitz website, it still shows as cancelled. If anyone gets their trip reinstated and know who to talk to and how to get it done without getting a major headache, please post the details or perhaps create a special thread
Old Apr 12, 2006, 7:27 am

Programs: CebGo 5J, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Alaska 100K
G'day - after 100 pages I am tried of reading

Ok people - any idea where I stand - I am confused.

1) I purchased 1 RT ticket from CT and have been issued 055 Alitalia ticket numbers.
2) Reservation now missing Alitalia flights on CT
3) Tickets processed on CC
4) I have called CT twice and they say the tickets have been on hold awaiting release from AZ

The scary part was the guy said since I am leaving in October, AZ may not get to it till a month before. Is this correct? I ask coz I need to get a Visa for Cyprus and I cannot get issued without tickets. AND I am worried that D class availability will be gone by then.

Is there anything else I can do to get my tickets in the mail?
Old Apr 12, 2006, 7:31 am

(snip)

Regards,
HeathrowGuy
^
will be interesting to see if/how orbitz responds. I hope to make an attempt to add a stopover this weekend, so we'll see how it goes
Old Apr 12, 2006, 7:35 am

Ok so regular reservations won't touch these? I'm to the point of just trying going to the airport. I mean at this point what do i have to lose?
Old Apr 12, 2006, 7:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by zxcvbs
^
will be interesting to see if/how orbitz responds. I hope to make an attempt to add a stopover this weekend, so we'll see how it goes
Again, I remind you that it is Easter this weekend
Old Apr 12, 2006, 7:40 am

Angry

Just got off the phone with the exchange desk at CT where I got my itin reinstated. Argued quite heatedly with the CSR who claimed to have called AZ, said that the rules said I could change dates, but that doing so would trigger a reprice. I basically told her, BS, that's untrue, but she just kept on insisting it was. Told her to look up the historical fare rules. Said she couldn't. I said that the original fare basis code had the tickets priced at 39 CAD, but she said that AZ would be using the current "correct" rules for the purposes of repricing. I asked for a supe and she said she had spoken to them. Asked if there was anyone higher up and she said no. At that point, basically told her, "I will never be using CT for anything ever in the future" and at that point the conversation ended.

Any ideas as to where to go from here? I'm pretty much to the point where I want to make photocopies of the tickets as a record of proof, print out the original fare rules, and go to an ATO and have them change the tickets by affixing a revalidation sticker. Of course, being in SFO, I can't go to an ATO, because the nearest one is at ORD. Which means I have to wait until June when I go back to JFK. Which means the hostels/hotels I want to book will be full. Already tried the e-mail route, and that just had me call the effin CS line. I hate circles. Vectors are so much better.

Last edited by coolw12; Apr 12, 2006 at 7:47 am
Old Apr 12, 2006, 7:54 am
Suspended

Programs: NW Plat, UA 2P, DL FO, HH Silver, Starwood Gold
AZ sales support

Mon-Fri 9am-8pm
Old Apr 12, 2006, 7:57 am

Originally Posted by zxcvbs
^
Even if it wasn't Easter weekend, as LapLap mentioned, you wouldn't be able to get the right people to do that on a weekend. And good luck changing anything about your itin without them forcing a reprice.
Old Apr 12, 2006, 8:01 am
Suspended

Programs: Continental Gold Elite, United Premier Executive
Anyone who feels like sending a similar email to Orbitz can do so at the following address: [email protected].
Old Apr 12, 2006, 8:03 am

amended

Last edited by bacan; Apr 16, 2006 at 12:50 pm Reason: amended
Old Apr 12, 2006, 8:04 am

Originally Posted by crimguy1976
AZ sales support

Mon-Fri 9am-8pm
Don't call AZ sales support. They will only talk to TAs.

Last edited by coolw12; Apr 12, 2006 at 8:36 am

Originally Posted by gleff
Here's a .pdf of the original fare rules from Orbitz:
http://host231.ipowerweb.com/~garyan...LCA_DRTCA9.pdf
I also have a print of the rules from Orbitz, from the next day, April 6th, at 2:07 pm. At that time, the original rules were still there, unchanged. So they can't claim the rules changed prior to ticketing.

Anyone who feels like sending a similar email to Orbitz can do so at the following address: [email protected].
Yeah um they never replied to me. 3 hours? Try it's been since last
Thursday.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.