Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] Wickedly Low Biz Class Fare from YYZ to LCA (Cyprus) on AZ (Alitalia)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] Wickedly Low Biz Class Fare from YYZ to LCA (Cyprus) on AZ (Alitalia)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2006, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by zxcvbs
20k? my AA card only had a 15k bonus, I thought 20k was only for businesses
This offer has expired: http://www.aa.com/apps/netSAAver/Vie...omepage_Bottom

I believe there is a current 20k AA offer floating around.

Even if one just gets the 15k AA miles, that still gets them 3 free nights at the cat 1 Hilton in Cyprus (which normally is ~$200/night).
Old Apr 12, 2006, 12:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: Continental Gold Elite, United Premier Executive
Originally Posted by bacan
OK, now I'm getting confused. Are you saying that the rules prohibiting stopovers are the correct fare rules for the $39.00CAD ticket, and that the rules we saw when we booked the ticket were actually for a $3900.00CAD ticket?
No, I'm saying that we got the same rules as the $3900.00CAD ticket, and the more restrictive rules are a bunch of BS that Alitalia is pushing on us post-ticketing without notice or consideration to add to this sorry sh*tshow...

Programs: AA 0.4MM, BA G, LH SEN,TK S, HH Dia, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Travel Man
was this question already asked?

Which SkyTeam program is the best for the AZ tickets? ?

I personaly am not so sure about it.
It has been asked thousand of times!

There's a separate thread on "other european programs"forum.

IMHO:AZ MilleMiglia program.Double miles all the way including the codeshare on CY.YMMV

Originally Posted by HeathrowGuy
The fare has not changed - there are TWO rule listings under DRTCA9 - one for $39.00CAD and another for $3900.00 CAD.
There are? Where? Even if you had 39 CAD as the original fare, when you go to reissue, they're going to look at the current fare, not the original. I doubt that you'd be able to persuade them to go and look at the historical fare, as it is against their interests, and a reissue is necessary to change the itin. Unless the last part isn't true, which I admit is possible, then change=fare difference.
Old Apr 12, 2006, 12:10 pm

Location: Austin, TX -- AA Life Platinum; QF Life Silver; UA Silver
My CT tix are still showing cancelled on Viewtrip.com. I'm flying through ORD on Friday, with a ~2 hr layover, would it be worthwhile to go over to T5 to try to resolve? (though the AZ desk would probably be closed at that point... the MXP flight departs at 3:20 and I wouldn't get there till 4:20). Another option is to try at LHR or BRU which I will also be passing through next week.
Old Apr 12, 2006, 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by Travel Man
was this question already asked?

Which SkyTeam program is the best for the AZ tickets? ?

I personaly am not so sure about it.

Best to look/inquire here: http://web2.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=546514
Old Apr 12, 2006, 12:14 pm

Programs: Choice Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by bacan
My booking has been reinstated but one of the legs on Cyprus Airways is showing up in economy. I called Orbitz and they have told me that D-class on that flight is sold out. As a result, Alitalia is not willing to upgrade my class and has put me in coach. So it seems that Alitalia is making no provision for protecting D-class availability, and if D-Class is sold out by the time they reinstate your ticket, you will be flying in economy
D-Class availability is not being protected on the Cyprus Airways portion? Or does that include the transAtlantic AZ legs as well? I'm assuming you meant they will not protect the CY portion only.
Old Apr 12, 2006, 12:15 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Monitor Airfare and Catch Filing Errors Immediately
Wednesday April 12, 12:30 pm ET

DALLAS, April 12 /PRNewswire/ -- Many airlines have experienced first-hand the awkward situation of releasing an incorrect fare into the market. While most times airlines catch the mistake before the markets do, the occasional error bubbles up and savvy consumers can create a firestorm of bookings.

To address this problem, FareCompare announced today the launch of its FareChecker tool, a patent-pending process for vetting all new fares filed. Now all airlines can easily monitor their fares and catch anomalous filings immediately.

FareChecker tracks new fares against current fares in the market, producing a watch list of major fare changes. Airlines can subscribe to the watch list and use this as a quick check to ensure that fare changes in the most recent update are intended. In addition, FareCompare provides instant alert functionality for any fare filings that fall significantly outside of historical ranges enabling carriers to catch "fat finger" mistakes before they can be picked up in the market.

"We originally developed our FareChecker solution for our consumer site (http://www.farecompare.com) and in the process recognized that fare alerts can be even more important to the carriers," commented Rick Seaney, CEO. "Based on our current algorithms, we are confident we can identify any and all fare mistakes."

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/060412/nyw088.html?.v=52
Why am I not surprised to hear that the OP moved that way.
Old Apr 12, 2006, 12:19 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA, WN, DL
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Why am I not surprised to hear that the OP moved that way.
Doh! See what I mean 1,830-some posts ago

In reality, I wonder if Rosj had planned this all along, or did it come to him after seeing the frenzy here on the board (and maybe a hint or two) .
Old Apr 12, 2006, 12:22 pm

No, I'm saying that we got the same rules as the $3900.00CAD ticket, and the more restrictive rules are a bunch of BS that Alitalia is pushing on us post-ticketing without notice or consideration to add to this sorry sh*tshow...
Wow, that's very clear now. Thanks
Old Apr 12, 2006, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by YEGcited
D-Class availability is not being protected on the Cyprus Airways portion? Or does that include the transAtlantic AZ legs as well? I'm assuming you meant they will not protect the CY portion only.
Yes - apologies for the confusion. I meant the CY portion only.
Old Apr 12, 2006, 12:24 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by luv2ctheworld
Doh! See what I mean 1,830-some posts ago

In reality, I wonder if Rosj had planned this all along, or did it come to him after seeing the frenzy here on the board (and maybe a hint or two) .
Why do I think that the patent-pending process (for the process oriented toward the service provider side) had the patent process launched after the communications here.

I'm always glad to see someone launch a business product/service that has a market. And, as they say, what's good for the goose is good for the gander.
Old Apr 12, 2006, 12:29 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by coolw12
There are? Where? Even if you had 39 CAD as the original fare, when you go to reissue, they're going to look at the current fare, not the original. I doubt that you'd be able to persuade them to go and look at the historical fare, as it is against their interests, and a reissue is necessary to change the itin. Unless the last part isn't true, which I admit is possible, then change=fare difference.
1. Both sets of fare filings (the D fare for 39.00 CAD and 3900.00 CAD) are retrievable in Worldspan and the other GDS systems.

2. A reissue is NOT always necessary to change the itinerary - the ticket can be revalidated using stickers, or else an even exchange transaction can be performed. I want to ensure that, as per the fare rules at the time of purchase, I will continue to retain the option to change my booking (e.g., change dates) at-will so long as said change does not require a reissue & reprice.

3. I don't care what is for or against AZ's interests in this case - they made their own sh**show by selling the fare under a certain set of rules, and thankfully Anglo-Saxon jurisprudence doesn't generally allow for unilateral contract changes absent additional consideration.

If AZ wants to send me a $3,000 USD voucher for flying this ticket under the more restrictive rules, then maybe I could live with the terms. Otherwise, I fully expect Alitalia to abide by the contractual terms in effect at the time the transaction was made.
Old Apr 12, 2006, 12:37 pm

1. Both sets of fare filings (the D fare for 39.00 CAD and 3900.00 CAD) are retrievable in Worldspan and the other GDS systems.

2. A reissue is NOT always necessary to change the itinerary - the ticket can be revalidated using stickers, or else an even exchange transaction can be performed. I want to ensure that, as per the fare rules at the time of purchase, I will continue to retain the option to change my booking (e.g., change dates) at-will so long as said change does not require a reissue & reprice.

3. I don't care what is for or against AZ's interests in this case - they made their own sh**show by selling the fare under a certain set of rules, and thankfully Anglo-Saxon jurisprudence doesn't generally allow for unilateral contract changes absent additional consideration.

If AZ wants to send me a $3,000 USD voucher for flying this ticket under the more restrictive rules, then maybe I could live with the terms. Otherwise, I fully expect Alitalia to abide by the contractual terms in effect at the time the transaction was made.
In regards to point number two, I had this thought as well, particularly with the revalidation sticker, but even if physically no reissue of the ticket would be necessary, wouldn't you have to change the itin. in the PNR as well, thus forcing a reprice?

As for number three, I don't really care either, I was just pointing it out as AZ does have their own reservation system independent of the GDSs (as shown by the fact that PNRs have shown up as valid on one of the PNR lookup sites, but the AZ locator shows it to be invalid, or vice versa) and could do whatever they wanted in terms of using the original or updated fare basis code. You think they're going to allow people to look up the original fare? That's all I'm saying.
Old Apr 12, 2006, 12:45 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by coolw12
In regards to point number two, I had this thought as well, particularly with the revalidation sticker, but even if physically no reissue of the ticket would be necessary, wouldn't you have to change the itin. in the PNR as well, thus forcing a reprice?
A change does not automatically trigger a reprice - it depends on the rules of the fare. That's why all of this even matters in the first place.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.