Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

LAX-NAN (Nadi, Fiji) - $51 all in - Travelocity! (fare gone - discussion only)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LAX-NAN (Nadi, Fiji) - $51 all in - Travelocity! (fare gone - discussion only)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2005, 1:24 pm

*** update ***

12:20pm PACIFIC time Wednesday
Travelocity has indicated they are aware of the situation, and (similar to what another poster mentioned might happen) they will be calling all folks effected <starting> in the next 1-2 hours. She gave NO, NADA, NAY indication of what that might be.
Old Apr 13, 2005, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by mikensf74
*** update ***

Travelocity has indicated they are aware of the situation, and (similar to what another poster mentioned might happen) they will be calling all folks effected <starting> in the next 1-2 hours. She gave NO, NADA, NAY indication of what that might be.
call? never heard of a company do that to clear up a mistake. usually email response saying basically canceling the order. hmmm.
Old Apr 13, 2005, 1:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by Doppy
This isn't really true. Technically, no, I don't think there was a press release. But there was a lot of communication from Cheaptickets, including Cheaptickets saying specifically in several news stories that the tickets would be honored. So, no press release, but yes, there was an official, unambiguous, word.

Here, we don't have anything official at all - just rumors, many of which are conflicting with one another. Completely different situation.
I suggest that the situations are far more similar than they are different. Had there not been any news stories (two, if I remember right), the result would have probably been the same with Iceland.

Here, some folks are specifically looking for a PR or some other direct public announcement. That didn't happen with Iceland, and I believe it will not happen here.
Old Apr 13, 2005, 1:54 pm

*** update ***

Can you say where does this information comes from? Do you have an authoritative source or was it just some random CSR in Bombay? Enquiring minds want to know!
Old Apr 13, 2005, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by sdgal
I'm in exactly the same boat as the others with childrens' tickets. T. told me the same thing about lost tickets a week ago. Only when pressed did they say that there was a problem that they were negotiating with the airline and to call back on Thursday of this week. I have been charged for the adults but not the three kids. "Chad" with T. told me that I would get my tickets. So for now I am cautiously believing him; no other reason not to. I feel good at least that I didn't get the email saying that I wouldn't get my tickets. I'd feel better if all the tickets had been charged to the cc. I will wait until tomorrow to call. It's hard to believe that they lost all the kids' tickets, however. I think that must be their story until it all gets sorted through.
wishing you luck.
Gee Whiz. Now it sounds fishy. Just wish they'd get their story straight...weird that all kids tix are "lost"...go figure.... I mean its been over a week now. Crossing my fingers. Baby wants to go to Fiji.
Old Apr 13, 2005, 2:16 pm

*** update ***

Who is "she"?
Old Apr 13, 2005, 2:17 pm

quick question: why did people book childrens tickets, were they cheaper or something?

thnx
r
Old Apr 13, 2005, 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by dhacker
Can you say where does this information comes from? Do you have an authoritative source or was it just some random CSR in Bombay? Enquiring minds want to know!
After 2 days of Bombay, and 1 email to customer relations, nay on anything resolved, so I CALLED directly to customer relations.

(Can I use names?) Maudie from C.Relations (San Antonio TX) had the help desk on the phone with me who said they are aware, and calls will go out starting in 1-2 hours.
I pushed for any indication how it would go because I have work bugging me for a final decision NOW whether i'm going or not. They didn't budge. They added calls will go out as tickets were booked, which helps me even less since I'm one of the first to travel, but it seems not one of the first to book.
Old Apr 13, 2005, 2:28 pm

After 2 days of Bombay, and 1 email to customer relations, nay on anything resolved, so I CALLED directly to customer relations.

(Can I use names?) Maudie from C.Relations (San Antonio TX) had the help desk on the phone with me who said they are aware, and calls will go out starting in 1-2 hours.
I pushed for any indication how it would go because I have work bugging me for a final decision NOW whether i'm going or not. They didn't budge. They added calls will go out as tickets were booked, which helps me even less since I'm one of the first to travel, but it seems not one of the first to book.
Seems a week too late to be trying to cancel the tickets.... BUT, why would they call if the tickets were valid? Seems to me the presumption is a valid ticket unless you hear otherwise. Has anyone received the call?
Old Apr 13, 2005, 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by rgm18
quick question: why did people book childrens tickets, were they cheaper or something?

thnx
r
Yo, did not necessarily book children's tix, but when entering info on Travelocity web site it asks, "are any travelers a minor?" then "if so, please give age" which I did..then when tix was issued $51.75 showed up for 3 adults on the confirmation and the other for $33.95 for my daughter. 3 for $51.75 showed up on cc while the $33.95 did not..I cannot explain the variance in costs...weird I know.
Old Apr 13, 2005, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by rgm18

thnx
r
Perhaps they have kids?!?!
Old Apr 13, 2005, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by sglick
Seems a week too late to be trying to cancel the tickets.... BUT, why would they call if the tickets were valid? Seems to me the presumption is a valid ticket unless you hear otherwise. Has anyone received the call?

I Like your moxy sglick...sounds like you may know a little bit about the law.

Originally Posted by Pookie
Yo, did not necessarily book children's tix, but when entering info on Travelocity web site it asks, "are any travelers a minor?" then "if so, please give age" which I did..then when tix was issued $51.75 showed up for 3 adults on the confirmation and the other for $33.95 for my daughter. 3 for $51.75 showed up on cc while the $33.95 did not..I cannot explain the variance in costs...weird I know.
I think the difference in cost is a difference between the taxes levied on adults and children. Same thing happened when I took my kids on the Iceland deal last year.

Originally Posted by dhacker
Perhaps they have kids?!?!

Udaman! ^ ^
Old Apr 13, 2005, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by sglick
and the drama continues. if they call to reject the tickets.

remember newportgambler got to go! (or at least he should be there)
and some nonrefundable tickets/hotels already booked.

Last edited by scorched03; Apr 13, 2005 at 2:42 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.