Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

LAX-NAN (Nadi, Fiji) - $51 all in - Travelocity! (fare gone - discussion only)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LAX-NAN (Nadi, Fiji) - $51 all in - Travelocity! (fare gone - discussion only)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2005, 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by mikensf74
About 30 minutes ago...they are calling from Pennsylvania office...

Without hesitation indicated he would honor the fare, and acknowledged travelocity made an error and no problem for Fiji.

I opted however NOT to go for various reasons, and he offered me a $250 future travel voucher + refund of ticket and fees for the problems associated with this.

Anyone else here impressed with Travelocity? Way to go Travelocity!!
$250 is lower than I would have expected, but much better than -$51.75 if you couldn't otherwise go. Way to go, Travelocity!

And how come it took you 30 minutes to post this information? 2 FT demerits for you!
Old Apr 13, 2005, 6:57 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by mikensf74
...Anyone else here impressed with Travelocity? Way to go Travelocity!!
Yes, definitely-- now more than ever. Congrats guys/gals-- very happy to hear the news!

Personally, I think Travelocity.com should be the "official booking portal of the Mileage Run forum" (unofficially.)

I know, speaking for myself, they have really, really proven themselves. They've earned our future business, IMHO.

Great trip, everybody.
Old Apr 13, 2005, 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by dhacker
$250 is lower than I would have expected, but much better than -$51.75 if you couldn't otherwise go. Way to go, Travelocity!

And how come it took you 30 minutes to post this information? 2 FT demerits for you!
I took a 1 hour break away from the house and flyertalk and of course that's when the call came in from Travelocity. Hence, the delay. I rushed home, violating all traffic laws to get this information posted ASAP to all my fellow FT's.
Old Apr 13, 2005, 7:01 pm

Location: 3A - most likey <> BKK <--> EZE; TACA 3A nobody, but GP million miler; Hilton Gold sometimes. Successfully divorced from CO PLAT.
Exclamation

FIJI ME BABY!

Got my phone call as well. It was kind of funny because I was just on the phone with the Executive Offices not 2 minutes before.

The following is a direct quote, 'WE STAND BY OUR PRICING. WE STAND BY OUR CUSTOMERS.'

Cash settlements are also being offered to those who prefer. Travelocity offered to refund the taxes plus pay $250 USD good for future travel services. I wasn't interested, so didn't pursue the issue further.

I was advised that NO REFUND OF ANY KIND COULD BE MADE - AND NO CHANGES TO THE RETURN FLIGHTS CAN BE MADE EITHER. A change once in FIJI requires full purchase of a new ticket.

Travelocity also mentioned that they will deal with FJ directly. No need for re-ticketing, etc.

Oh and BTW, thank you channa for a fun little ride and an interesting week!

FWIW Travelocity remains fairly mum regarding the exact number of tickets that were sold. So if you havn't already, please drop me a short e with your FT handle, the number of tickets purchase, and your travel date mentioned in the subject line. For example:

tvl4free 6 tickets 4/23

send to [email protected]

********Ticket sales reported so far 197*************

Last edited by tvl4free; Apr 13, 2005 at 7:48 pm
Old Apr 13, 2005, 7:10 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by MileageAddict
Hey! Thats awesome! A couple questions...how early in the day on Apr 5th did you book (wondering if they are going in any kind of order for phone calls) and what day do you go LAX-NAN???
I don't remember exactly, but I think it was around 10:00 / 10:30 am CDT. My last name starts with "D" so perhaps they are calling people alphabetically?

5/31 LAX-NAN
6/7 NAN-LAX

^
Old Apr 13, 2005, 7:11 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Tix

Originally Posted by robbob90210
MKE YX, what's your situation. Tickets in hand, or just Travelocity confirmation??
Tickets in hand.
Old Apr 13, 2005, 7:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Talking No call yet

Maybe they're trying to figure out some sort of "special treatment" for me.
Old Apr 13, 2005, 7:19 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by channa
Maybe they're trying to figure out some sort of "special treatment" for me.
In light of this thread, if I were Travelocity, I'd fly you to some place wonderful-- but without internet access-- for as long as you were willing to go! ( )
Old Apr 13, 2005, 7:29 pm

Just got the call

I just got the call from Travelocity. Same $250 voucher per person and I went ahead and took them up on the offer. Everyone have a wonderful vacation and BULA!

I did remark that I was very impressed with the offer from Travelocity and would be thinking of them in the future when booking. The $250 voucher is good for "total deals" airfare + hotel or vacation deals. They are still working out the details of sending the vouchers.
Old Apr 13, 2005, 7:31 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Platinum, AA, AS, DL, NH, QF, QR, UA, USAF
All those going will have to toast Travelocity with whatever island drink is common to Fiji. ^
Old Apr 13, 2005, 7:32 pm

Location: 3A - most likey <> BKK <--> EZE; TACA 3A nobody, but GP million miler; Hilton Gold sometimes. Successfully divorced from CO PLAT.
Originally Posted by JonNYC
In light of this thread, if I were Travelocity, I'd fly you to some place wonderful-- but without internet access-- for as long as you were willing to go! ( )
OTOH, the powers that be at FJ might want to upgrade channa4free as a little 'thank you' for all the revenue he appears to have generated for the company!

Let's see, 1,000-ish (prolly) tickets X $ 1,498 = mucho!
Old Apr 13, 2005, 7:35 pm

Is this deal still available? How do I get in?
Old Apr 13, 2005, 7:35 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by tvl4free
OTOH, the powers that be at FJ might want to upgrade channa4free as a little 'thank you' for all the revenue he appears to have generated for the company!

Let's see, 1,000-ish (prolly) tickets X $ 1,498 = mucho!
Hey, that makes me wonder something-- don't you think that FJ allowed Travelocity to take advantage of the companion fare deal as originally intended? i.e. giving them 2-for-1 tickets on parties of 2 or more?
Old Apr 13, 2005, 7:36 pm

Programs: Subway Punch Card / 8 subs collected to date!
Big Ups to Travelocity!!!

Congrats to all who got in on this trip! Unfortunatley I wasn't one of em. Family in town when this one broke

A BIG UPS to Travelocity for honoring their mistake and my future business goes thru them! ^ ^ ^ ^

Ft'ers, HAVE FUN IN FIJI!!!
Old Apr 13, 2005, 7:36 pm

Programs: AS Gold/SPG Gold/Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Hangtime79
Same $250 voucher per person and I went ahead and took them up on the offer.

The $250 voucher is good for "total deals" airfare + hotel or vacation deals. They are still working out the details of sending the vouchers.
I was just thinking what we would do with the offer, but this pretty much seals the deal for going ahead to Fiji. We would only consider the vouchers if they could be used without any restriction (i.e. for airfare only). So what if I will use up all my vacation days ... I get 37 of them each year anyway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.