Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

LAX-NAN (Nadi, Fiji) - $51 all in - Travelocity! (fare gone - discussion only)

LAX-NAN (Nadi, Fiji) - $51 all in - Travelocity! (fare gone - discussion only)

Old Apr 5, 2005, 9:56 am

Originally Posted by channa
Unless they contact you, do not call them!
I'm not new to this game... I certainly did not call them. It was clear unless I answered their call the reservation was going nowhere.

They called me and e-mailed me, apparently because they could not charge me CAD-denominated CC in USD without my consent... I gave my consent and apparently all is right in my world again... just waiting for a "ticket issued" e-mail...

The reps did not bat an eyelash at the fare.
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Count me in..

I hope..

at least the first round worked.. $123.45 including tax and a delivery charge of $19.95

Now to see if I get the dang tickets
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tvl4free
Theses are roughly 11K non-elite qualifying miles on AA, correct?
Why wouldn't they be elite qualifying? Almost any accrual on AA is elite qualifying.
Old Apr 5, 2005, 9:58 am

Well, I booked a trip for my wife and a friend of hers, since I have no days. I couldn't reach either one of them, so that's a $478 wager (out of SFO).

Thanks, Channa!
Old Apr 5, 2005, 10:01 am

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
Anyone finding anything avail. in June or early July? (Dang, this is when it's not always great working for a school...just can't get off work until the school year is over....the boss would either laugh or scream if I asked for a week off work at the end of the school year to go to Tahiti ).
Old Apr 5, 2005, 10:02 am

Programs: DL SM, Marriot PLT, Tall guy in need of legroom
wow--17 hours travel in coach?? hmmm...uh no thanks....lol

but yes this is an awesome deal fro west coasters....tough to make sense for nyers.... a lot of coach travel...
Old Apr 5, 2005, 10:04 am

Programs: Skyteam, *A, 1W
Originally Posted by gooseman13
I booked two, $51.75*2 + $20. Email says it is ticketed.
Looking through the fare rules I thought I saw something about $0 companion fare. Maybe this is supposed to be a companion fare that Travelocity screwed up? Great find, hopefully it works out!

Yep.. this is supposed to be a companion fare that Travelocity *might* screw up.
Look at the Misc section at the end of the Fare Rules.

MISC
Note - No commission can be taken on 0.00 USD companion fare class.

Nevertheless, good luck to you guys!!

^ Channa
Old Apr 5, 2005, 10:05 am

Programs: *A Junkie, SQ PPS, Skywards Gold, 2 Million Mile Flyer;*wood LT Plat, BA MM
Will it be honoured?

First Delhi, now Fiji....

May 28th-June 5th! Booked the Denaru Villas @ $700.00 a night. This is hilarious, if I had only known this morning I'd log on the computer and book a flight to Fiji...

The only thing is that I have to medicate and sedate myself in coach for ten hours! <eeewwww> Anyone know the seating chart for the Air Pacific 747? All I know is that they were ex UA's -

It seems there's going to be more TFlyers going the same time I am - we should plan a get together since we are going to be there for *gulp* a WHOLE week! YIKES!

UG

Thanks for the tip, now let's see if it gets honoured!
Old Apr 5, 2005, 10:05 am

Programs: DL, US
Booked for April 16-23 for 2 tickets. I already have seat assignments and I opted for next day air.
Old Apr 5, 2005, 10:06 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
AA Partner rules for air pacific

http://www.aa.com/apps/AAdvantage/Vi...artnersContent

The catch here may be:

http://www.aa.com/content/AAdvantage...irements.jhtml

Elite Status Miles or Segments
Qualifying miles or segments are the actual miles or segments you earn on eligible purchased tickets for flights aboard American Airlines, American Eagle, AmericanConnection, AAdvantage participant airlines and/or American Airlines codeshare flights*, including applicable minimum mileage guarantees.

* Ticket must reflect an American Airlines coded flight number

Last edited by TrojanHorse; Apr 5, 2005 at 10:08 am
Old Apr 5, 2005, 10:08 am

Just got it: May 1-8 LAX 71.70 all in.
My hands are shaking! I love Flyertalk!

Location: 3A - most likey <> BKK <--> EZE; TACA 3A nobody, but GP million miler; Hilton Gold sometimes. Successfully divorced from CO PLAT.
Originally Posted by Doppy
Why wouldn't they be elite qualifying? Almost any accrual on AA is elite qualifying.
This appears to be one of those exceptions. Miles, yes - but they're non elite qualiflying according to AA. Just off the phone w them FWIW.

April 23 - May 1
I'M IN!!!
Booked thru Travelocity SFO-NAN $248.90

Now the difficult process of notifying the boss and school of vacation...

We should have a gathering in Fiji for others in on this.

Programs: DL 1MM Diamond, UA Silver, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire, Hyatt Globalist
Still Available From Lax!

DO NOT USE THE FLEX DATES FEATURE....no special fares will pop up. Just booked two tickets for myself and my wife 5/28-6/5 from LAX (by using exact dates). $51.75 per person!! I can't believe it ... this is the first time I've been able to take advantage of one of these deals posted here (seems that I've always checked this board just after the plug gets pulled).

Everything so far looks legit...confirmation email saying they're Fedexing tickets. Wonder how we'll know if this doesn't go through....

Any ideas on hotels? We are so giddy about this....called my wife at work (today is her birthday no less) and she said "BOOK IT!" Our rationale is if it doesn't work out for some reason, we're only out a small bit of money.

Edited to add that I just got the FEDEX tracking number!
Old Apr 5, 2005, 10:10 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by tvl4free
This appears to be one of those exceptions. Miles, yes - but they're non elite qualiflying according to AA. Just off the phone w them FWIW.
Exceptions?

Oneworld carriers earn EQMs. Codeshares operated by non-Oneworld carriers earn EQMs. All other earnings are non-EQMs. Air Pacific is not in Oneworld and this is not a codeshare. Just like JL.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.