Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

LAX-NAN (Nadi, Fiji) - $51 all in - Travelocity! (fare gone - discussion only)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LAX-NAN (Nadi, Fiji) - $51 all in - Travelocity! (fare gone - discussion only)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2005, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by bhatnasx
Air Pacific website states a 3-hour check-in
"Check-in begins three hours prior to scheduled departure."

http://www.airpacific.com/website.ns...icVoyagerClass

They don't seem to mention a cutoff, though I'm sure there is one...
Old Apr 12, 2005, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by channa
"Check-in begins three hours prior to scheduled departure."
The way I see it, check-in is 3-hours early if you want to try to score an exit row on a 10-hour flight that's carrying at least 25-30 other FT'ers!

I think there's a lot of us on the 5/21-28 schedule - shall we plan on trying to meet up in T2 or T6 at the NW or CO clubs? Not familiar with the lounges in the int'l terminals - but the NW lounge will give us free self-serve booze & Milano's & plenty of cheese!
Old Apr 12, 2005, 3:46 pm

FWIW, you can pay $FJ300 (or less) to join FJ's TabuaClub and get priority check-in, lounge access, and op-ups on oversold flights:

http://www.airpacific.com/website.nsf/TabuaClub
Old Apr 12, 2005, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
The way I see it, check-in is 3-hours early if you want to try to score an exit row on a 10-hour flight that's carrying at least 25-30 other FT'ers!

I think there's a lot of us on the 5/21-28 schedule - shall we plan on trying to meet up in T2 or T6 at the NW or CO clubs? Not familiar with the lounges in the int'l terminals - but the NW lounge will give us free self-serve booze & Milano's & plenty of cheese!
LAX is not connected airside between terminals, so we'd have to work out the logistics if trying to use a lounge while not flying in on that airline (or airside-connected airline).
Old Apr 12, 2005, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dhacker
FWIW, you can pay $FJ300 (or less) to join FJ's TabuaClub and get priority check-in, lounge access, and op-ups on oversold flights:

http://www.airpacific.com/website.nsf/TabuaClub
Looks like there's an offer for 150FJD for 5 passes - that's about 90 bucks for five passes. I didn't see a lounge list on the LAX airport webpage. Anyone know what lounges are available in the int'l terminal at LAX?
Old Apr 12, 2005, 3:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by channa
LAX is not connected airside between terminals, so we'd have to work out the logistics if trying to use a lounge while not flying in on that airline (or airside-connected airline).
With a club membership & a same day boarding pass (regardless of carrier), would that even matter? At DCA, I've used my NW pass to get into the CO lounge (which is in a different non-airside terminal) while flying on a NW ticket. I was going there to meet a friend who had an earlier flight out. The TSA didn't have a problem - they just look at the name & make sure it matches the drivers license.
Old Apr 12, 2005, 3:57 pm

Programs: AA PLT->GLD|HH Gold|SPG PLT->GOLD|HGP Gold|MR Silver
Looks like there's an offer for 150FJD for 5 passes - that's about 90 bucks for five passes. I didn't see a lounge list on the LAX airport webpage. Anyone know what lounges are available in the int'l terminal at LAX?
I'm not sure exactly which lounge it is, but on the application form the following benefits are listed:
A priority reservation service (Fiji only) ensures your bookings are taken care of quickly. Your Passenger Name Record (PNR) must be quoted at the time of booking to ensure your personalised travel details are entered.

Tabua Club membership allows you to check-in at the Tabua Class counter, even though you may be travelling in Pacific Voyager (Economy).

Enjoy the use of our Tabua Lounges in Nadi and shared lounges in selected airports like Sydney, Auckland, Apia, Tonga, Los Angeles, Honolulu, Vancouver and Narita whenever you travel Air Pacific.

As a member, you are entitled to an extra 10kgs of luggage. Send us 2 of your business cards and we will ensure these are featured as part of your personal luggage tags.

Your luggage is priority tagged to ensure they are among the first to be unloaded, to give you a speedy departure at your destination.

There are special membership deals to be taken advantage of for Partner, Corporate (minimum of 5 members) and long-term (2 year) enrollments.

An annual guest card entitles members to take a guest into the lounge with them (5 passes) when they travel together.

Members are automatically eligible for Tabua Class upgrades in the event an over-sale situation is experienced in Pacific Voyager on the day of travel.

Stay abreast of our latest specials via our regular newsletters.
Note that the guest passes that were mentioned can only be purchased by members, so you can't just buy the 5 passes by themselves. Of course, you could feasibly get a group together and do the corporate membership if enough people were interested at $150US ($250FJD) each...
Old Apr 12, 2005, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dmfriedman
Note that the guest passes that were mentioned can only be purchased by members, so you can't just buy the 5 passes by themselves.
Oops! Didn't note that part of it!

For my one trip to Fiji this year, I don't think it's worth it for the lounge access though. If the 5 passes were available for 90 bucks for non-members & it was being split between 5 people, then that may have been worth it - but at this price point, it probably isn't. 150.00 for a corporate membership! Why that's more than what I paid for my tickets!

I imagine that one would get access to whatever lounges Qantas/AA use in the int'l terminal since they are the FJ partners.
Old Apr 12, 2005, 4:14 pm

Location: 3A - most likey <> BKK <--> EZE; TACA 3A nobody, but GP million miler; Hilton Gold sometimes. Successfully divorced from CO PLAT.
Exclamation

*********PLEASE NOTE POST SCRIPT BELOW******************

Just an update:

It's confirmed that ticket coupons are being 'up-lifted' 4free by FJ at present and will continue to be for the short term.

(You will note that this is a direct contradiction to previous statments made by FJ that no 'up-lifts' would be made without an ad-collect).

A long term solution is still being sought by AIR PACIFIC from Travelocity.

The grapevine tells me that the head honcho's in Travelocity's Executive Offices will meet again this afternoon at 4PM and may be in a position to announce a resolution tomorrow morning.

May be are the operative words I remind you.

Sorry, but that's all I have for you at the moment. I had hoped to have more info yesterday, but really the issue has not yet been resolved.

BULA!

T4F

*************PLEASE NOTE**********************

PS I am getting conflicting reports as to how many tickets were actually sold. I have set up an e-mail addy to see if we can count the numbers. While un-scientific, it would seem to me that most interested parties are still tuned into this site. Sooooo if you bought a ticket, please just jet off an e-mail to me with the following placed in the subject line:

1. FTer handle. (Not required, but it would be nice).
2. No. of tickets purchased.
3. Outbound date of travel. (Again, not required, but it would be nice).

For example:

tvl4free 6 tickets 4/23

Send your e-mail to:

[email protected]

I'll let you know the results - as enquiring minds want to know. Travelocity and FJ are being much, much too mum in this regard. Thanks.

Last edited by tvl4free; Apr 12, 2005 at 4:58 pm
Old Apr 12, 2005, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

tvl4free - you'll have an e-mail from me & many other FT'ers in a few minutes - THANKS!!
Old Apr 12, 2005, 4:57 pm

Programs: DL 1MM Diamond, UA Silver, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire, Hyatt Globalist
Just thought of something...(hope this wasn't already discussed in these 50 pages!)....is there any benefit for those of us connecting at LAX to through-check our bags at our departing airport all the way to Nadi? Besides shlepping the bags to Tom Bradley I mean. Any benefit from a "you may get pulled off the flight" perspective?

Also, seems like quite a few of us are departing LAX on 5/28...assuming everything works out in our favor, who's up for a pre-departure meet & greet? My wife, who normally thinks I'm nuts for spending so much time on FlyerTalk, will be the first to make a celebratory toast!
Old Apr 12, 2005, 5:01 pm
Community Director Emerita

Just a thought for those wanting to meet up at Tom Bradley International Terminal. There is a small food court area with a Starbucks on the second floor. You can see it from the first floor check in area. It is outside of the secured area. People could check in, then go to this lounge area.

Inside the secured area, you have the airline clubs and the gate area - really no other place to congregate. It's not a particularly passenger friendly terminal IMO.
Old Apr 12, 2005, 5:28 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA 1.8 MM, DL, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold,
Thumbs up

Thank you SanDiego1K !
Old Apr 12, 2005, 5:30 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, HH Gold, AA Gold, UA3P, DL proletariat, proud Costco Executive member
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by EmoryFlyer
Also, seems like quite a few of us are departing LAX on 5/28...assuming everything works out in our favor, who's up for a pre-departure meet & greet? My wife, who normally thinks I'm nuts for spending so much time on FlyerTalk, will be the first to make a celebratory toast!
Mrs. L1011 and I will be there, probably late, since the flight from SFO gets in around 9:30. May not have much time. And my wife, who thinks similarly to yours, will act likewise!
Old Apr 12, 2005, 5:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Does anyone know if there is a way to get some sort of travel insurance for this trip? I would gladly consider a low cost trip protection to help in case of surprises.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.