Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

12/31 is FAST approaching....anyone in 'A WORLD OF HURT' to qualify?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

12/31 is FAST approaching....anyone in 'A WORLD OF HURT' to qualify?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2001, 11:47 am

Programs: NW Plat (now they call it DL Diamond) 1MM, soon to be DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Dusit Gold
BoulderBri: $238 DEN-FLL on most anybody because ATA, Jet Blue, and Vanguard all fly this route. Found the fare on Travelocity but try for it on UA's site. Date of travel could be a problem, but worth the effort, BTW, this included taxes, etc.
Old Dec 17, 2001, 8:05 pm

tvl4free - - you are fantastic. I'll begin my journey (short as they are!) on the 23rd. Thank you for the gift of Platinum and the insight on how to do the magic. p.s. Love the humor
Old Dec 18, 2001, 2:03 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Club Carlson Gold
quote:

Tvl4free, Thanks for your quick response. I had spent many hours trying to get SJO to work for me, but failed. You renewed my enthusiasm. However, Mexicana couldn't find any availability just a few hours after your post. Maybe some other deserving FT'er picked up on it.

With new determination, I spent another 5 hours at it, including calling UA, and fianally booked the following for $412:

Dec 28 ORD-IAD UA 536
Dec 28 IAD-MEX UA1021
Dec 28 MEX-SJO UA1007
Jan 16 SJO-SFO UA 888(stops in GUA & LAX)
Jan 16 SFO-ORD UA 150 (redeye)

I hadn't made it clear, but I really wanted to spend some time in Costa Rica (almost 3 weeks should do, huh?). The outbound gives me 3640 miles. I'm still short of 1P by 1200 miles, so I'm working on that now. The return gives me almost 5000 miles for next year.

I tried, but couldn't get the ORD-(SFO)-LAX-GUA-SJO routing on the outbound due to NO availability in V or W class on the LAX-GUA leg. The 5000 miles would have been perfect for me. But I'm very happy!

Tvl4free - Thanks for your help, I sort of parlayed it into something that works even better for me and I'll offer a New Year's toast to you and all the others that have helped me on this board.

Thanks Mahjongguy for your Frequent Flyer Assist software. At times I had 10 browser windows open with variou UA itineraries. You saved me a lot of time.

Happy Holidays All!

[This message has been edited by DBoy (edited 12-18-2001).]
Old Dec 20, 2001, 2:52 am

Late challenge, from ORD, on UA.

I need 1200 miles before 12/18. Those 1200 miles will get me to Premier Executive. I have every day open, don't care about inconvience, I've just got to make 1P.
Old Dec 20, 2001, 2:57 am

Late challenge, from ORD, on UA.

I need 1200 miles before 12/18. Those 1200 miles will get me to Premier Executive. I have every day open, don't care about inconvience, I've just got to make 1P.
Old Dec 21, 2001, 9:59 pm
Karen Reinhardt

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by tvl4free:

So e-me please. 7,600 'no advance purchase' miles for $459. 3 days of relatively
easy traveling, but only away from TPA one nite. Would post the propsal here be
it might not be a good idea. You must start tomorrow!!!

Just a short note to let everyone know how this all worked
out. tvl4free worked out an incredible itinerary that got all
all those miles for very little hassle and cash.

Unfortunately, I was unable to avail myself of the opportunity,
due to personal constraints (a burst pipe and a flooded house).

It is still killing me, because I'll miss getting status, and will
have to start all over again.

TvlSanta has been very busy over the last couple of weeks, as
anyone can see by reading these posts. He has got to be one of
the most far-out people I've ever had the occasion to meet (sort of).
I'm off after Christmas on another of his great itineraries, and
can't wait to do it again.

The only problem is that if everyone finds out how helpful and
effective tvl4free is, he'll have no time of his own at all.

Thanks so much tvlSanta, for all your effort and enthusiasm. You've
got a friend for life here in the Maritimes.

[This message has been edited by tvl4free (edited 12-08-2001).][/B]</font>

Old Dec 22, 2001, 12:10 am
Original Member

Programs: AA- Lifetime Platinum; Marriott - Lifetime Platinum: Starwood - Gold; IHG - Platinum
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Karen Reinhardt:
</font>
"Just a short note to let everyone know how this all worked
out. tvl4free worked out an incredible itinerary that got all
all those miles for very little hassle and cash."

Isn't that just like tvl4free?

"The only problem is that if everyone finds out how helpful and
effective tvl4free is, he'll have no time of his own at all."

Or he won't have time to help me!

Seriously, I want to publically thank tvl4free for the selfless help he gives us all! In the spirit of the season: I wish him many blessings and safe travels. I just hope he knows how treasured he is! Thanks tvl4free!

Old Dec 22, 2001, 9:30 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA Plt, AS G, MR Ti, IC
tvl4free: out of the SF Bay Area, is there still time left in the year for 3 M fare trips? how do you find 'em? :-)
Old Dec 25, 2001, 7:44 am
Original Poster

Location: 3A - most likey <> BKK <--> EZE; TACA 3A nobody, but GP million miler; Hilton Gold sometimes. Successfully divorced from CO PLAT.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by kenjih:
Out of the SF Bay Area, is there still time left in the year for 3 M fare trips? how do you find 'em? </font>
Well, it's been a busy evening for Santa!

But, reindeer and crew just pulled into IHOP for an early morning bfst4free (the entire crew always seems to get comped on the 25th) and so the elves decided to crank up the laptop for just a moment.

Your tvlSanta noticed that neither a budget nor dates that you were available to travel were mentioned - so we'll just take a stab at the single reasonable option that was found. Can we assume that you are considering the NW Platinum challenge...???

Unfortunately, out of the Bay area, NW basically flies the longer hauls. Infact, using a seat back pocket route map, revealed no short segment trips at all with M fares that were reasonably 'last minute priced.'

Therefore, in order to accomplish Platinum by the 31st, one might consider positioning ones self in MSP because there are several short segment options out of NW's fortress hub. To position last minute would normally be expensive. However, Rudolf, who is an internet surfing geek, did discover a 'Home for the Holidays' deal on the NW site out of SJC to MSP on the 28th and returning on the 30th for $242 RT including tax (not an M fare, but it does earn miles according to the promo info).

If you were to arrive in MSP on the 28th, you could do a quick MSP-STC turn. Doing two more M fare turns on the 29th would give you the 3 RT's that you need. These M fare turns price out at $99+ OW or $738 total including tax.. Total to acheive your goal would cost $994.50.

To justify this expense, perhaps one could take advantage or the after Chistmas sales which The Mall of America will undoubtedly have running full blast at this time.

Platinum for a thousand bucks... not the best of deals, but not too bad either - considering the benefits.

Happy Holidays to you!

Well, we're off to Hawaii - just one more state to go!

Old Dec 25, 2001, 5:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
Though I'm set for the year, I just wanted to congratulate tvl4free on such a cool thread. It's great to see this kind of camaraderie around here!
Old Dec 26, 2001, 9:19 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA Plt, AS G, MR Ti, IC
hi,
intriguing. i'm not sure if i can squeeze it in (previous plans on 12/28) but i'll see. thanks for checking it out and the hint that its probably easier out of MSP on such short notice. happy holidays!
Old Dec 26, 2001, 10:43 am

Hello,

I'm not sure how many of you have heard of this before, but I think UA is extending its 2001 miles qualifying period to JAN 31'02.

So right now (I'm premierplus), I'm 300 Mi short of 25K (sucks coz they said they couldn't comp me up), and I was thinking of perhaps doing one MR of 25K by end of Jan to get to PremEx?? What do you guys think about it?

Do you think I'll be able to use the 25K for both 2001 and 2002 qualifying miles???

Thanks guys for this great tread!

Happy Holidays!!!
Old Nov 9, 2007, 7:51 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum, CO, UA, Starwood, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt, Wyndham, Hilton Gold
Smile AA 19K miles needed

Help!
I miscalculated and flew all the way to FRA for a mileage run didn't get the miles I needed due to an itinerary change forced by AA.

I am currently Exec Platinum (71,857 miles) with one more international and one more domestic run booked for business between now and 12/31: DEN DFW FRA DFW DEN; and DEN ORD DEN; AA also owes me a posting from MCO DFW DEN from last night. I need about 19K miles.

I am based in Denver.

I can do this run between 11/16 through 11/19; or Dec 9 through 11, or Dec 16 through the 23rd or multiple shorter runs if necessary using those dates. They are the only dates I have left.

As for budget, I can handle up to about $1200 with taxes. My favorite travel is to Asia, but can handle pretty much anywhere. The passport has enough pages to do whatever. I'd like to be able to do some Christmas shopping someplace fun if I can swing it.

Thanks very much in advance for any assist. I am new at this.

RiaDoc
Old Nov 9, 2007, 8:15 pm

Not only should you be shot sir, but drawn and quartered.

You tomb-raided an old thread... as in 6 years ago *and* this is not a MR "deal".

Last edited by pr0digy25; Nov 9, 2007 at 9:16 pm
Old Nov 10, 2007, 7:45 am

Programs: WN A-List; Hyatt Glob: CC/HH Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by riadoc
Help!
I miscalculated and flew all the way to FRA for a mileage run didn't get the miles I needed due to an itinerary change forced by AA.
RiaDoc
Ooops. Now if this was 'forced' by AA you should be able to request miles for the originally scheduled itinerary. No need for more runs (and more chance of mistakes)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.