Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] HAM-LIM with IB/LATAM r/t under 900 euros

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] HAM-LIM with IB/LATAM r/t under 900 euros

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2023, 1:48 am

I tried to retrieve a booking on the LATAM website, When the website is in English, then no booking could found. When switched to Spanish, then the booking was found. Please is this normal?
Old Nov 9, 2023, 5:23 am

Programs: QR Gold / M&M FTL / Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Same error with the application, seat has been previously assigned by a Latam agent by phone, this doesn't explain why one of my assigned seat show as available for a new dummy booking and seatmap load correctly...
Old Nov 11, 2023, 3:06 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Eurobonus Silver, ALL Gold
Now being November, someone should have flown this fare already. It would be fantastic if we can get a report please so the rest of us can stop trying to read into every glitch we encounter in LATAM's glitch ridden systems.
Old Dec 10, 2023, 11:53 pm

I just read probably one of the first reviews in a German deal sites. It seems like everything went smooth besides the flight being canceled but the person got rebooked into the next flight. I hope im allowed to quote him, I run the German text into chatgpt as its quite early and a lot to translate by myself:

"Good morning everyone, I'm currently in Huaraz. The tour had a few hiccups. I flew from BER at 11:45 to MAD. From there, I was supposed to continue with LATAM at 00:55 and spend the afternoon in Madrid. (Tip: various museums are free on certain evenings). As I entered the Prado, it dawned on me that the information on Tripcase wasn't a mistake, but that the flight had been canceled. Apparently, the same plane with a different flight number was scheduled to depart the next day at 20:00, arriving at 2:00 am. Quick on my feet, I retrieved my luggage and booked an earlier Iberia flight at 13:15, with the better Business Class as described here. This option wasn't available before. We were then accommodated at the Axor Hotel with vouchers for dinner, breakfast, and lunch, which I could skip since I headed to the airport early to spend time in the Velazquez Lounge at Terminal 4S, which, by the way, was fantastic. The other passengers staying on the LATAM flight had to wait until 4:00 pm. The hotel was elegant but somewhat like a luxury prison in the middle of nowhere. The flight was fine, although the large screen could have had better resolution. Now, I will try to claim €600 through the passenger rights. Miles haven't shown up for me yet, despite multiple inquiries to ensure the correct number was registered. However, they say it might take up to 14 days. Generally, no issues with cancellation due to pricing errors, etc. I'm surprised that it worked out well in that regard."
Old Dec 11, 2023, 2:50 pm

Thank you for the report. And that guy is lucky. €600 euro back for a flight that cost ~900 in the first place
Old Dec 11, 2023, 6:24 pm

In the same thread, another guy is back in Europe, he started from Dusseldorf, he used Latam and return with Iberia, no problem so far.

It will be my turn soon via LHR, I will report.
Old Dec 24, 2023, 6:40 am

I just flew 2 days ago GVA-ZRH-BER (separare tickets) late arrival in ZRH make our luggage never followed (even asked to be moved to the next flight to be safe about luggage, but the Swiss staff did not care at all and wanted to charge me),
my samsung tag show the luggage didn't moved from ZHR until today.

I discovered that the Germany number that I received with the PIR in Berlin are not operating during weekend...

Spent the next morning rushing buying new clothes and new luggage in Berlin.

Then BER-LHR-LIM
(BA plane for BER-LHR) was delayed 2h, but we still had like 1h50 in LHR.
just arrived now at LIM.. new luggage didn't follow.
Old Dec 24, 2023, 8:30 am

Wow, my commiserations for the luggage circus... but hey, at least you are in LIM now!

So if I understand correctly you have 1 suitcase in the wild with LX and another with BA/LA. Would LX ever accept to send luggage 1 to LIM, or is it a case of you having to ask them to put it on hold at the airport in BER until you get back?
momoflyingguy likes this.
Old Dec 25, 2023, 11:43 pm

Originally Posted by Maestro Ramen
Wow, my commiserations for the luggage circus... but hey, at least you are in LIM now!

So if I understand correctly you have 1 suitcase in the wild with LX and another with BA/LA. Would LX ever accept to send luggage 1 to LIM, or is it a case of you having to ask them to put it on hold at the airport in BER until you get back?
3 suitcases from LX missing and 1 from Latam.
For sure Lufthansa group doesn't want to help concerning the 3 suitcases.
Keep our luggage in BER when we don't live in the area, will be a bad joke.
momoflyingguy likes this.
Old Dec 26, 2023, 7:16 am

Yeah, that's pretty bad....

Going to need to bring hiking gear when we go so HBO is definitely not an option. Thanks to your feedback will avoid same day connection even though the HAM-MAD doesn't leave until late night. Will try 24+ hrs advance to give a buffer... or alternatively travel there with OW. BA might be a bit more keen to send the luggage to LIM if you are showing them you have a further OW connection. (Even though technically it's only half OW...)

In the meantime happy holidays and hope you manage to make the most of your clothing expenses from both LX and LA!
Old Dec 27, 2023, 11:36 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, BA Gold, A3 Gold
I recommend buying AirTags, they have been invaluable to me last 18 months. If I have not had them with AirCanada, my suitcases would probably still be in YYZ since last August 😅
Old Dec 28, 2023, 2:48 am

Just recieved a message that my LA .2488 LIM to LHR on Mar 3 was cancelled and it seems that I can change it online to new date until EOS.
Old Dec 28, 2023, 4:45 am

Originally Posted by honzeek_cz
Just recieved a message that my LA .2488 LIM to LHR on Mar 3 was cancelled and it seems that I can change it online to new date until EOS.
See the link here
https://www.latamtrade.com/en_us/new...ondres_LHR_ENG
Old Dec 29, 2023, 7:42 am

And now also another flight from Juliacato Lima was cancelled.
Old Jan 2, 2024, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by honzeek_cz
I recommend buying AirTags, they have been invaluable to me last 18 months. If I have not had them with AirCanada, my suitcases would probably still be in YYZ since last August 😅
I use the Samsung version and I'm glad I have one in each luggage, I followed them and can say in the airport that they arrived and they need to check for it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.