Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] HAM-LIM with IB/LATAM r/t under 900 euros

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] HAM-LIM with IB/LATAM r/t under 900 euros

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2024, 1:29 am

Originally Posted by Dino55
To you all enjoy the flights and more importantly Peru.
Have your tickets been on IB- or LA-Stock? I am wondering how many Avios and TP I will be credited. My tickets are all IB-flights, but LA-marketed (045 tickets).
As far as I understood I will earn Avios, but none TP. Can anybody confirm?
Old Feb 13, 2024, 2:49 am

Flying STR-BER-MAD-LIM on Friday (16/02), returning LIM-GRU-LHR-STR at the end of February (28/02) so will update the thread with our experience accordingly.

Convoluted route outbound mainly due to prior commitments in Stuttgart and the subsequent BER-MAD requirement more than anything else, but with a 1h5m layover in BER, will be interesting to see how the connection is...
Old Feb 13, 2024, 2:53 am

Originally Posted by BurritosInC
Have your tickets been on IB- or LA-Stock? I am wondering how many Avios and TP I will be credited. My tickets are all IB-flights, but LA-marketed (045 tickets).
As far as I understood I will earn Avios, but none TP. Can anybody confirm?
As far as i know that is correct if you put your BA number in .... , Can anyone advise best place to credit for max value ? , i was going with my BA account or is Qatar or Iberia better , im going to skip-lag in madrid as have Brussels airlines mad-bru-ham so dont see the point of those 2 flights for the points or the hassle , booked A350 economy back from madrid - man via LHR :-)

I could pick my seat on IB from hamburg to Madrid , couldnt pick on the long haul legs even a call to IB wouldnt sort , said it was because of the code share!
Old Feb 17, 2024, 12:16 pm

Change flight

Hi,

Unfortunately I can't do the trip as originally planned in April.

Is it possible to reschedule the trip? Any information regard the fare difference?

Thanks

Max
Old Feb 18, 2024, 1:37 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, TK Elite Plus, QR Gold, AF Gold
If you have any major schedule change, you should be able to move the entire trip to another date. LA is pretty flexible here.
Old Feb 18, 2024, 1:47 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Eurobonus Silver, ALL Gold
I think that Max did not get a schedule.change tho, and wants to do a voluntary change.

In this case I'm afraid.the ticket would reprice.

My advice would be to wait for a possible schedule change up to the last minute, and then refund. (Assuming this fare is refundable, which I can't remember?!?)
Old Feb 19, 2024, 1:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
I agree. Wait for a possible schedule change - if none, you cancel the ticket.
Voluntary rebooking is guaranteed to lead to reprice of the ticket to current fare level, i.e. not interesting.
nikolask likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2024, 9:44 am

Programs: QR Gold / M&M FTL / Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
I did not get any of my Latam flight credited on QR (6 flights total with the additionnal I booked in SA).

Flown dec-jan, requested QR support to follow up (mid-january) and still nothing.
Old Feb 23, 2024, 9:50 am

thats not good as it should be a fair few points, i have currently got my BA number added but am skip lagging back at madrid (last 2 flights on Brussels airlines anyway) , not sure if that will matter ???
Old Feb 26, 2024, 9:31 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, BA Gold, A3 Gold
Just changed my messed up itinerary originaĺly schedůed for tomorow to Sep 24
via German LATAM phone desk, took about 10 minutes.
Old Feb 27, 2024, 12:04 am

Originally Posted by honzeek_cz
Just changed my messed up itinerary originaĺly schedůed for tomorow to Sep 24
via German LATAM phone desk, took about 10 minutes.
No repricing?
Old Feb 27, 2024, 7:00 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, BA Gold, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Dino55
No repricing?
Well no, becaus the flights were completely different from what I have originally booked due to cancellations etc.
Old Feb 29, 2024, 7:16 am

I flew LA op by IB and credited to Iberia Plus - Avios were credited but not a single Elite Point for the LA op by IB legs MAD-LIM and LIM-MAD. I have already complained to IB, let's see whether they fix it. So far I have only received standard responses that "LA flights are not eligible for Elite Points".
Old Feb 29, 2024, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by aerosweet
I flew LA op by IB and credited to Iberia Plus - Avios were credited but not a single Elite Point for the LA op by IB legs MAD-LIM and LIM-MAD. I have already complained to IB, let's see whether they fix it. So far I have only received standard responses that "LA flights are not eligible for Elite Points".
Probably there's nothing to fix. Doesn't matter what the operating airline is, if the flight has a LA flight number then you won't get points, only Avios.
Old Feb 29, 2024, 11:03 am

Originally Posted by nikolask
Probably there's nothing to fix. Doesn't matter what the operating airline is, if the flight has a LA flight number then you won't get points, only Avios.
Are you sure? The website says something else, only excluding IB flights operated by another airline not listed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.