Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[prem fare gone]: IB/LA Business: BUD - GRU/SDU €400 RT

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[prem fare gone]: IB/LA Business: BUD - GRU/SDU €400 RT

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2020, 3:04 am

Programs: FB Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
Money taken, payment went to main page, no eticket yet
Old Sep 15, 2020, 3:04 am

Programs: BA Silver / EI Silver
Originally Posted by etiene
Would love to jump on this, but just doesn't seem sensible.

There's a full-J fare filed for SCL though - but I haven't tried to get an OTA to find it so YMMV.
I'm also looking at SCL and got in on Expedia. Might book it, but not convinced with flying LATAM.
Old Sep 15, 2020, 3:05 am

Programs: OW Sapphire, *A Gold
Originally Posted by Travel-Quinten
Just book something through a US OTA, like Expedia.COM. They ticket directly. And if you happen to receive an eticket from the first booking, you can always cancel the Expedia booking free of charge within 24 hours of booking.
I'd rather not involve an OTA during these times. Cancellation is free of charge, if i understand the fare rules correctly, no?
Old Sep 15, 2020, 3:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AHC96
I'm also looking at SCL and got in on Expedia. Might book it, but not convinced with flying LATAM.
I see BUD - SCL with Iberia on Google Flights.

I think it's bookable via the LATAM site.
AHC96 likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2020, 3:11 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by Deckter
I'd rather not involve an OTA during these times. Cancellation is free of charge, if i understand the fare rules correctly, no?
Ditto this - of getting tickets via OTA (even respectable ones). Had quite a number of experience even with short haul trips within EU - wasting lots of phone time or worst unanswered calls, etc.
Same understanding here on the cancellation rules - I did see on the LATAM site that this was the case.

@Deckter: Hope you received the e-tix by now. I saw that you mentioned couple of posts before that nothing is coming in after an hour, in my case, it was < 30 mins for sure. I guess you paid directly on the LATAM site, so you will not get any payment confirmation, I did it via PayPal, so I at least got their payment confirmation which at least allows me to have a proof of payment.

Cheers!
Old Sep 15, 2020, 3:17 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum
I think, it’s impossible to get oneworld codes, because

AND
THE FARE COMPONENT MUST INCLUDE TRAVEL VIA TRANSATLANTIC
SECTORS ON
ONE OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING
ANY JJ FLIGHT
ANY LA FLIGHT

It forces IB flight to LA7099 code
Old Sep 15, 2020, 3:17 am

Originally Posted by nldogbert
Ditto this - of getting tickets via OTA (even respectable ones). Had quite a number of experience even with short haul trips within EU - wasting lots of phone time or worst unanswered calls, etc.
Same understanding here on the cancellation rules - I did see on the LATAM site that this was the case.

@Deckter: Hope you received the e-tix by now. I saw that you mentioned couple of posts before that nothing is coming in after an hour, in my case, it was < 30 mins for sure. I guess you paid directly on the LATAM site, so you will not get any payment confirmation, I did it via PayPal, so I at least got their payment confirmation which at least allows me to have a proof of payment.

Cheers!
Fully agree it's best to avoid any OTA. But LATAM won't price out my trip or crash at the payment page. That makes a direct booking no option
Old Sep 15, 2020, 3:18 am

Programs: OW Sapphire, *A Gold
Originally Posted by nldogbert

Cheers!
I only got payment confirmation through my Amex app, the LATAM website crashed, and it's been almost two hours since. Thinking of booking another set of tickets and just cancelling one...if, indeed cancellation is free of charge.
Old Sep 15, 2020, 3:23 am

Programs: FB Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite
Anybody got eticket email directly from LATAM in last hour just after booking? We booked at 10:12am CET, directed to confirmation page and email in a minute. After that we tried to buy two more tickets, payment page reloaded to main page and no confirmation page nor the email. Now, the money has been taken for the two tickets too.

I am patient for the eticket however it might be sign something is going on in LATAM, fare is being pulled out and they dont make new e-tickets?
Old Sep 15, 2020, 3:23 am

(removed)
Old Sep 15, 2020, 3:28 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, AS MVP
Tempting, but skipping this one. I doubt that I can credit this to AS next year..
Old Sep 15, 2020, 3:31 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, TK Elite, Hilton Diamond
Got through to the final stage of booking on LATAM and payment was declined. However, got an email with a PNR and a link to pay...However, still can't find a way online for LATAM to accept payment (The payment page on their website seems to be down)...very frustrating.
Old Sep 15, 2020, 3:34 am

Programs: Miles and More
Originally Posted by 747jetter
Anybody got eticket email directly from LATAM in last hour just after booking? We booked at 10:12am CET, directed to confirmation page and email in a minute. After that we tried to buy two more tickets, payment page reloaded to main page and no confirmation page nor the email. Now, the money has been taken for the two tickets too.

I am patient for the eticket however it might be sign something is going on in LATAM, fare is being pulled out and they dont make new e-tickets?
Received my eticket confirmation mail from Latam 3 minutes after payment at 10:59h.

Last edited by Danubius; Sep 15, 2020 at 3:40 am
Old Sep 15, 2020, 3:40 am

Programs: TK Elite, Hilton Diamond
Got mine and paid via Paypal and ticketed immediately.

Booked via LATAM Deutschland
Old Sep 15, 2020, 3:41 am

Programs: Flying Blue
Do you earn XP with LATAM?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.