Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(prem fare gone): *A: CDG-BNE 1050eur rt

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(prem fare gone): *A: CDG-BNE 1050eur rt

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2020, 10:19 am
zsc

Programs: QR Silver / BA Silver
Originally Posted by hartwith
Was there a point to this post? As far as I could see, the thread title wasn't "CDG-BNE1050eur RT, will ChocolateFactory jump on it?"
Was there a point to this post as well? The thread title wasn't 'please comment on the opinions of others on a travel deal'. Everyone's got their right to chime in on the discussion, what gives you the right to tell someone off for doing so?
Old Mar 15, 2020, 10:33 am

Programs: BA Gold, *A Gold, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by zsc
Was there a point to this post as well? The thread title wasn't 'please comment on the opinions of others on a travel deal'. Everyone's got their right to chime in on the discussion, what gives you the right to tell someone off for doing so?
I think the point was quite clear. Too many threads are cluttered with drivel that doesn't add any value. Case in point.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 11:12 am

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
Originally Posted by more4less
Hi,

sorry if this has been responded before. Yesterday I booked TLS to AKL in P class. I understand that it can be changed for free but if there is any difference in the fare, I will have to cover it. Very easily this ticket in September/October can cost 2500/3000€, also in P, so I would have to pay an extra 1500/2000€, this is not flexibility in my eyes, or I did not understand the rules correctly?

Thanks,
as long as you have not started your trip the repricing will be active and based on the fare that is available on the day of rebooking. after you started your trip (flown first segment) you can be rebooked for free within the P-class bucket. If P is not available, then you have to pay the fare difference as well.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 11:14 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Originally Posted by f0zzyNUE
as long as you have not started your trip the repricing will be active and based on the fare that is available on the day of rebooking. after you started your trip (flown first segment) you can be rebooked for free within the P-class bucket. If P is not available, then you have to pay the fare difference as well.
As far as I have understood, P class availability is not enough. The other fare rules must also be fulfilled, meaning you will have to return no later than 3 months after the first stopover. Since the first segment cannot be later than June 30, you will still have to return by September 30 - or earlier if you started your trip before June 30.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 11:43 am

Programs: BAEC Silver (but only temporarily) AVIS Presidents Club, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by fj1886
Can anyone tell me how to fix the language on Expedia - when I click "Book on Expedia" from Google Flights, it puts me in Expedia for the departing country (e.g., expedia.fr for departing from NCE) and everything is in French. Can't figure out how to fix that to save my life...
Use Google translate. Go to Google and type google translate an entire webpage. Follow the steps given.
FYI: I initially tried chaging the .FR to .co.uk but this gave me the same intinerary but with a much higher price.

ML
Old Mar 15, 2020, 1:46 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by f0zzyNUE
Thanks f0zzyNUE, but do I have to book the ticket with an stopover in Germany or Switzerland, or they will allow me to rebook segments 2 to 6 after having flown the 1st segment?
Old Mar 15, 2020, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
As far as I have understood, P class availability is not enough. The other fare rules must also be fulfilled, meaning you will have to return no later than 3 months after the first stopover. Since the first segment cannot be later than June 30, you will still have to return by September 30 - or earlier if you started your trip before June 30.
Good point also Chocolate Factory, thanks, but being able to re-book up to mid September it would help a lot.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 2:02 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Originally Posted by more4less
Good point also Chocolate Factory, thanks, but being able to re-book up to mid September it would help a lot.
But why would you want to rebook? Why can't you just use a stopover to push out your travel date, like in the screenshot I posted?
Old Mar 15, 2020, 2:12 pm

But why would you want to rebook? Why can't you just use a stopover to push out your travel date, like in the screenshot I posted?
Ideally we would like to travel in June. Also TLS is only 4 hrs drive from BCN, so convenient to fly from that airport.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 2:21 pm

Then why don’t you just book for June...?
Old Mar 15, 2020, 3:23 pm

Then why don’t you just book for June...?
I did book yesterday but cancelled within the 24hrs because I am not sure if all this will be over by June.
It might be OK to fly from France to Germany but not all the way to AKL
Old Mar 15, 2020, 3:26 pm

So how would rebooking help...? You wouldn't be able to push the flight further back per the fare rules. But if you can't travel (travel ban etc.), you would probably get a refund or be able to rebook for a later date.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 10:52 pm
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA*1K, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Looks dead now? Trying multiple destinations, and even Google flights seems to be updating prices to their normal rates now.

EDIT: CDG-AKL seems to be, looking for a quick 3-4 day mileage run. CDG-EZE still up....

Last edited by Absolute; Mar 15, 2020 at 11:00 pm
Old Mar 15, 2020, 10:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Absolute
Looks dead now? Trying multiple destinations, and even Google flights seems to be updating prices to their normal rates now.
Still there. May 13-20 CDG-BNE

https://www.google.com/flights/?hl=e...7*2.EUR.104717
Old Mar 16, 2020, 1:06 am

Originally Posted by mileageking
For SQ metal SIN - SYD / BNE - SIN segments, I am only getting VA flight numbers. Any way to get SQ flight numbers to get *A miles?
Originally Posted by mileageking
Anyone able to get ZRH-SIN-ZRH on SQ metal? Tried multiple things on matrix and google with no success. Any help will be appreciated.
Reposting if anyone can help / provide guidance if possible to get SQ flight numbers vs VA. Also anyone able to get Europe-SIN on SQ metal?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.