Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(prem fare gone): *A: CDG-BNE 1050eur rt

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(prem fare gone): *A: CDG-BNE 1050eur rt

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2020, 5:56 am

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
I'm not an expert at reading these rules, but I'd say: No way.
Not the fare rules (the answer is obviously NO) but the rules under the commercial gestures from LH due to covid. I dont see full rules. With DL its clear that the fare difference may (and will) apply.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 6:33 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat ; A3 Gold ; HH Gold ; IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by MightyTravels
Also this works from other cities in Europe incl. Lyon, Barcelona, Malaga...
I have not found anything close from Spain to Asia/Oceania in business class, where do you get such LH/LX deals?

Originally Posted by AirCanada881
Thanks buddy, got a link? I tried on Google flights & nothing

EDIT: Found it thanks, though it does add around 170 € to the total price.
Adding a stopover in ZRH adds 100 EUR to the fare, adds 18 EUR to the ZRH tax and saves 46.5 EUR of CDG taxes, so a next cost of 71.50 EUR, not too bad. Adding a stopover in other places adds 100 EUR + additional tax (35 EUR for FRA for instance).
Note that it seems LH group is now applying some married segments logic also for interline connections (like CDG LH FRA LH HKG stopover CX has availability in P for LH flights, but if the stopover in HKG is replaced by a connection keeping the same LH flights, those might sometimes become available in Z or D only althoguh CX is still available in I class).
Old Mar 15, 2020, 6:40 am

I see an opportunity to route SYD via PER with up to 560 BA tier points per trip. Not too bad a bonus.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 6:42 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
I'm sitting this one out.
Not much point in going to the Southern hemisphere before September and there's just too much uncertainty with the virus now. (Also September is already quite full on my part due to yesterday's EF to Hawaii).
And I would need to position to France first, which would increase the price even more.
I'm hoping for another sale a bit later this year. It will hardly be as cheap as this one, but hopefully we'll be able to fly at a more convenient time and there'll be less uncertainty.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 7:31 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Hi,

sorry if this has been responded before. Yesterday I booked TLS to AKL in P class. I understand that it can be changed for free but if there is any difference in the fare, I will have to cover it. Very easily this ticket in September/October can cost 2500/3000€, also in P, so I would have to pay an extra 1500/2000€, this is not flexibility in my eyes, or I did not understand the rules correctly?

Thanks,
Old Mar 15, 2020, 7:37 am

Originally Posted by more4less
Hi,

sorry if this has been responded before. Yesterday I booked TLS to AKL in P class. I understand that it can be changed for free but if there is any difference in the fare, I will have to cover it. Very easily this ticket in September/October can cost 2500/3000€, also in P, so I would have to pay an extra 1500/2000€, this is not flexibility in my eyes, or I did not understand the rules correctly?

Thanks,
This is exactly my question. No clear answer yet but likely the answer is 'the fare difference will apply'.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 8:06 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, AS MVP
Originally Posted by Keter
This is exactly my question. No clear answer yet but likely the answer is 'the fare difference will apply'.
I just sent LX a message on twitter asking this exact thing, will report back once they reply me.
QFBoy likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 8:13 am

Booked CDG-SIN-SYD through Expedia.fr leaving end of June hoping that everything will be somewhat back to normal by then.
Bit nervous tbh, now with Australia introducing 14-day self-isolation for all arrivals and SIN not allowing any transits from Europe..
If the situation still persists in June, you think Expedia/Swiss will offer a full refund?
Old Mar 15, 2020, 8:26 am

Programs: *Gold, ST Elite, OW sapphire
Originally Posted by QFBoy
Booked CDG-SIN-SYD through Expedia.fr leaving end of June hoping that everything will be somewhat back to normal by then.
Bit nervous tbh, now with Australia introducing 14-day self-isolation for all arrivals and SIN not allowing any transits from Europe..
If the situation still persists in June, you think Expedia/Swiss will offer a full refund?

did you buy cancellation insurance for 62 eur?
Old Mar 15, 2020, 8:41 am

No! Didn't even see that.
Maybe I should cancel and re-book with the insurance.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 8:41 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, AS MVP
Originally Posted by QFBoy

I think so yes, most of the current measures against the virus are until a certain date (end of march), it's not your fault if you book a flight in June today and the goverment of SG decides to extend these measures against the virus until (for example) July.
QFBoy likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 9:00 am

It's also not fault of the airline. Of course it's customary to waive change/cancellation fees in such circumstances, and also good in terms of PR, but they have no obligation to do that - if their financial situation becomes critical they might decide not to.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 9:04 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Originally Posted by pmdg7444
did you buy cancellation insurance for 62 eur?
The cancellation insurance would cover issues related to Covid 2019? Probably serious desease yes, but not being able to travel due to quarantines, etc?
Old Mar 15, 2020, 9:52 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
TAP Portugal matching the Sao Paulo fare. May be a better hard product on their A330NEO.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 9:54 am

Programs: BA Gold, *A Gold, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
I'm sitting this one out.
Not much point in going to the Southern hemisphere before September and there's just too much uncertainty with the virus now. (Also September is already quite full on my part due to yesterday's EF to Hawaii).
And I would need to position to France first, which would increase the price even more.
I'm hoping for another sale a bit later this year. It will hardly be as cheap as this one, but hopefully we'll be able to fly at a more convenient time and there'll be less uncertainty.
Was there a point to this post? As far as I could see, the thread title wasn't "CDG-BNE1050eur RT, will ChocolateFactory jump on it?"
Maaaaaciej likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.