Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] ST: AZ NBO-LAX OW 977 euro - fully flexible J class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] ST: AZ NBO-LAX OW 977 euro - fully flexible J class

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2019, 11:12 pm

Originally Posted by Utskicat

Can you offer more information about why you think this? This doesn’t really make any sense. A travel agency issuing a ticket has no bearing on the terms and conditions of the issuing stock airlines. The record still exists in the airlines reservation system and is subject to the rules. Every airline in the world requires that you use coupons in order otherwise remaining coupons will be cancelled.
I find this fascinating .. The Italian High Court has ruled you may use your remaining coupons with a few caveats...

https://www.godsavethepoints.com/201...ging-no-show/?
Old May 20, 2019, 11:48 pm
formerly Guanran Wang

Programs: Alaska, BAEC, Asiana, Aegean, Enrich, Marriott/SPG, Hilton

Can you offer more information about why you think this? This doesn’t really make any sense. A travel agency issuing a ticket has no bearing on the terms and conditions of the issuing stock airlines. The record still exists in the airlines reservation system and is subject to the rules. Every airline in the world requires that you use coupons in order otherwise remaining coupons will be cancelled.
Every single airline have different policies with different issuing countries of the ticket. That is the first thing you have to note.
(Almost all airline single out Italy for the reason in the reply above)
Old May 21, 2019, 4:00 am

Originally Posted by travelboy

I find this fascinating .. The Italian High Court has ruled you may use your remaining coupons with a few caveats...

https://www.godsavethepoints.com/201...ging-no-show/?
Given that it's not the High Court but the Antitrust Authority (blog's fault), I would be very careful equating what is ruled and what is reality. And if you sue the airline you have to do it in Italy with the Italian justice timing.
Old May 21, 2019, 1:55 pm

NBO to LAX in Sept for Mom

Trying to take my mother to Kenya as a surprise and trying to figure out best route back for ensuring most miles for a relatively direct route (too hard on her being on planes, even in biz class).
What is best carriers / route to maximize miles? I keep rereading above to figure out who does and does not give credit but I am still not sure.
Also, where to book helpful (go directly to airline?)
Thank you!
Old May 21, 2019, 2:00 pm

Also, I have been trying to get to route through SFO back to LAX but having challenges... has anyone done that?
I see below, but just not skilled enough to figure out how to get one of these routings. I tried so many ways on ITA Matrix, google flights, an dpriceline.

43. NBO-PAR/AUH-ROM-AZ/AP-MIL-NYC-DL/AZ-SFO-DL-LAX
44. NBO-ROM-AZ/AP-MIL-NYC-DL/AZ-SFO-DL-LAX
45. NBO-PAR/AUH-ROM/MIL-NYC-DL/AZ-SFO-DL-LAX
46. NBO-ROM/MIL-NYC-DL/AZ-SFO-DL-LAX
47. NBO-PAR/AUH-MIL-AZ/AP-ROM-NYC-DL/AZ-SFO-DL-LAX
48. NBO-MIL-AZ/AP-ROM-NYC-DL/AZ-SFO-DL-LAX

Last edited by thaitraveller; May 21, 2019 at 3:11 pm
Old May 21, 2019, 7:00 pm

Programs: AF/KL Gold, DL Diamond, Hertz PC, Bonvoy Gold Elite; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Guanran Wang
Every single airline have different policies with different issuing countries of the ticket. That is the first thing you have to note.
(Almost all airline single out Italy for the reason in the reply above)
Mind blown. Been reading up on this. Apparently this ruling in Italy is one of the only exceptions to the "must fly coupons in order" rule. Also, it seems it will only work with certain airlines. If you have DL or AF segments in your ticket, they mostly ignore it and risk the penalty.
Old May 21, 2019, 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by thaitraveller
Trying to take my mother to Kenya as a surprise and trying to figure out best route back for ensuring most miles for a relatively direct route (too hard on her being on planes, even in biz class).
What is best carriers / route to maximize miles? I keep rereading above to figure out who does and does not give credit but I am still not sure.
Also, where to book helpful (go directly to airline?)
Thank you!
Also, I have been trying to get to route through SFO back to LAX but having challenges... has anyone done that?
I see below, but just not skilled enough to figure out how to get one of these routings. I tried so many ways on ITA Matrix, google flights, an dpriceline.

43. NBO-PAR/AUH-ROM-AZ/AP-MIL-NYC-DL/AZ-SFO-DL-LAX
44. NBO-ROM-AZ/AP-MIL-NYC-DL/AZ-SFO-DL-LAX
45. NBO-PAR/AUH-ROM/MIL-NYC-DL/AZ-SFO-DL-LAX
46. NBO-ROM/MIL-NYC-DL/AZ-SFO-DL-LAX
47. NBO-PAR/AUH-MIL-AZ/AP-ROM-NYC-DL/AZ-SFO-DL-LAX
48. NBO-MIL-AZ/AP-ROM-NYC-DL/AZ-SFO-DL-LAX
We need more information to help you. What is your starting and ending cities and what cities do you want (or require) stopovers? Who does she collect miles with? What dates are you looking at? I can try to help out if you include that info.

Also, you mention you want to "take your mother TO Kenya". This fare is only valid for travel originating in Kenya. I have the same issue. I am originating in Buffalo (live in Toronto) so I bought 2 tickets. Outbound on Air France BUF-DTW-CDG-NBO for USD $2200. Then this deal NBO-FCO-LAX-JFK (+BUF separate ticket) for USD $1078. Its about the same price as just buying a YYZ-NBO-YYZ ticket round-trip, but that route doesn't include the full fare J class return so way less Delta Skymiles. The fare is most helpful for those exiting Kenya.

Last edited by Utskicat; May 21, 2019 at 7:10 pm
Old May 21, 2019, 7:46 pm
formerly Guanran Wang

Mind blown. Been reading up on this. Apparently this ruling in Italy is one of the only exceptions to the "must fly coupons in order" rule. Also, it seems it will only work with certain airlines. If you have DL or AF segments in your ticket, they mostly ignore it and risk the penalty.
No in fact. Since all your flights is under same PNR and issued in same stock, even AF/DL segs are considered issued in Italy, which has the same rules.
Old May 21, 2019, 7:48 pm
formerly Guanran Wang

If they denied you boarding, Alitalia (the marketing carrier) have to pay to get you to your destination on alternate flights, and also that is an easy EU compensation claim for involuntary boarding denial
Old May 21, 2019, 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by Guanran Wang
No in fact. Since all your flights is under same PNR and issued in same stock, even AF/DL segs are considered issued in Italy, which has the same rules.
I am not questioning the rules, I agree they "should" be followed. But I've read that only a few airlines are "obeying" the ruling. Read the article posted above, it specifically references airlines that are not complying and opting for fines instead.
Old May 21, 2019, 7:51 pm
formerly Guanran Wang

I am not questioning the rules, I agree they "should" be followed. But I've read that only a few airlines are "obeying" the ruling. Read the article posted above, it specifically references airlines that are not complying and opting for fines instead.
Then sit back and enjoy your easy Eu261 money haha
Old May 22, 2019, 7:44 am

Thank you! Very nice of you.
Just need this for coming back NBO to SFO. We are using miles to go NBO to SFO.
Delta FF miles would be great (even if not so useful). On that note if there is a hack to use another program now for Delta for someone based iN USA that is helpful info.
So looking for NBO to SFO as final destination and had hoped maybe to get something NBO via SFO to LAX or NYC and get off in SFO if was international gateway.
No required places to stop.
Thanks.
Old May 22, 2019, 9:26 am

Thank you! Very nice of you.
Just need this for coming back NBO to SFO. We are using miles to go NBO to SFO.
Delta FF miles would be great (even if not so useful). On that note if there is a hack to use another program now for Delta for someone based iN USA that is helpful info.
So looking for NBO to SFO as final destination and had hoped maybe to get something NBO via SFO to LAX or NYC and get off in SFO if was international gateway.
No required places to stop.
Thanks.
AZ is not publishing a fare NBO-SFO. The NBO-LAX fare does not allow “end on end” combinations, which basically just means you can’t add on another fare segment at the beginning or end of the ticket. So I would buy the ticket NBO-LAX and then give yourself a healthy layover in LAX and buy a separate LAX-SFO ticket. You didn’t mention dates but your options through most of the summer depart Nairobi on Wednesdays and Sundays with a few occasional Mondays (Note, the available Monday departures route Nairobi Geneva Rome, thus adding a stop in GVA). If you’re already collecting Delta Skymiles, then Delta is where you wanna put the miles. Your only date options for maximum mileage accrual are through the end of November. After that the NBO-FCO codeshare on Kenya Airways ends and your only routing is via though Doha on Eithad (NBO-AUH-FCO-LAX) which means you’re only earn miles on the final Rome to LAX segment.

You can find the NBO-FCO-LAX routing departing Wed and Sun directly on Alitalia’s website. It will earn 19330 MQMs and 19330 redeemable miles on Delta (assuming no Medallion status, more RDM miles with status).

I hope that helps. Let me know if you’ve anymore questions or have any issues finding it.
thaitraveller likes this.
Old May 22, 2019, 6:29 pm
formerly DNPierson1

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K
Are you still able to find this fare in mid November per below? I'd love some help there, I'm going on safari in Botswana until Nov. 11 and this would be a most wonderful way to get home

AZ is not publishing a fare NBO-SFO. The NBO-LAX fare does not allow “end on end” combinations, which basically just means you can’t add on another fare segment at the beginning or end of the ticket. So I would buy the ticket NBO-LAX and then give yourself a healthy layover in LAX and buy a separate LAX-SFO ticket. You didn’t mention dates but your options through most of the summer depart Nairobi on Wednesdays and Sundays with a few occasional Mondays (Note, the available Monday departures route Nairobi Geneva Rome, thus adding a stop in GVA). If you’re already collecting Delta Skymiles, then Delta is where you wanna put the miles. Your only date options for maximum mileage accrual are through the end of November. After that the NBO-FCO codeshare on Kenya Airways ends and your only routing is via though Doha on Eithad (NBO-AUH-FCO-LAX) which means you’re only earn miles on the final Rome to LAX segment.

You can find the NBO-FCO-LAX routing departing Wed and Sun directly on Alitalia’s website. It will earn 19330 MQMs and 19330 redeemable miles on Delta (assuming no Medallion status, more RDM miles with status).

I hope that helps. Let me know if you’ve anymore questions or have any issues finding it.
Old May 22, 2019, 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by DNPierson1
Are you still able to find this fare in mid November per below? I'd love some help there, I'm going on safari in Botswana until Nov. 11 and this would be a most wonderful way to get home
I don't mean to be snarky, but did you even look on Alitalia.com? I gave specific instructions how to find and book it and what dates to look. I can't actually do it for you. If you want help, give more information on where you are having problems finding it and how you are looking.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.