Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

AS: 2019 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2018, 10:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
For each request, please include the following information:

Departure Airport:
Miles Needed:
Required or Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Required Metal or Codeshares okay:

Qualification requirements

Three ways to qualify for each level: miles on Alaska only (includes Alaska flights operated by Horizon or Skywest), combination of miles on Alaska or partners (no minimum on Alaska, can be 100% partners), or combination of segments on Alaska or partners (no minimum on Alaska, can be 100% partners).

MVP: 20,000 miles on Alaska/25,000 miles on any combination of Alaska and partners/30 segments on any combination of Alaska and partners

MVP Gold: 40,000 miles on Alaska/50,000 miles on any combination of Alaska and partners/60 segments on any combination of Alaska and partners

75K: 75,000 miles on Alaska/90,000 miles on any combination of Alaska and partners/90 segments on any combination of Alaska and partners
Print Wikipost

AS: 2019 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2019, 10:43 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by Dingfod
I’m a Microsoft employee trying to find documentation on this deal. I searched around and only came up with an expired Amzn deal for AS.
Information should available through the MSFT Travel department.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 12:08 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Alaska Airlines MVP Gold
Originally Posted by rocky
Departure Airport: SFO/OAK/SJC
Miles Needed: 15K
Required Spend or Budget: Ideally <$3k, Could do 5k
Available Travel Dates: > Dec 15
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: Partner

Prefer business as that is a lot of travel. Ideally booked in one long haul.

Silly me, I booked a 25k MR SFO-LHR-JNB. Forgot that I needed 90 with partners.

Thanks!
There's a YVR-NRT-TPE JAL X fare floating around for around $2200-2500. Downside is it seems to require 7 day minimum stay/7 day advance purchase, but I haven't played with it.

It seems like you can route yourself through LAX on the return and drop the last leg since it's a MPM fare.

125% of 12,000 should get you 15k.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by thunderl
Any good mileage runs you're finding with the BOGO offer Alaska has today?
What BOGO offer? Link?
Old Nov 19, 2019, 11:44 am

AS Codeshare vs. QF Direct - any difference?

Need 14K miles for 75K. Flying out of SFO (or SJC, OAK, maybe LAX.)
My "distance" to 75K is same w/ Partner miles (77K ytd) vs. Alaska miles (62K ytd)

Booked SFO-SYD-SFO last night on QF through AS for trip next week (leave Tuesday night, return on Thursday in time for Turkey...)
After sitting on coach maybe 3-4 times this year out of 45 segments, seems crazy going to spend 28 hours in coach by choice...Hainan I class or Better was 2X the price ($1888 was best I found)...

Any obvious alternative I missed?
Hainan I class or Better was 2X the price ($1888 was best I found).\
3X Coast-to-Coast is more mileage with the bonus but sucks up 3 days...and I can't get a good price domestic for travel before Thanksgiving...flying AWAY from the US before Thanksgiving, even 1 week out, isn't a problem it seems...

Does anyone have an opinion/knowledge of trade-offs on booking on AS vs. QF direct?
It seems like it's free cancellation on AS vs. get to pick (and pay) for seats on GF is the only difference.

Thanks...

Last edited by Aaron Rosenbaum; Nov 19, 2019 at 11:44 am Reason: Doubled Text
Old Nov 19, 2019, 12:47 pm

Programs: CebGo 5J, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Alaska 100K
@ Aaron A $1000 return to SYD is actually very good for such short notice as listed on the Alaska website. The Qantas website quotes circa $1730 range for the exact same flights. In this case, the Alaska codeshare fares are fantastic! Thanks for bringing this to my attention as Qantas often jacks their fares for last minute bookings - it would seem that AS does not - a great option.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 12:47 pm
Original Member

Programs: Hilton: Gold, Starwood: Platinum, Hyatt: Platinum, AS: MVP Gold
Originally Posted by ft543
There's a YVR-NRT-TPE JAL X fare floating around for around $2200-2500. Downside is it seems to require 7 day minimum stay/7 day advance purchase, but I haven't played with it.

It seems like you can route yourself through LAX on the return and drop the last leg since it's a MPM fare.

125% of 12,000 should get you 15k.
MPM? Haven’t seen that abbreviation before.

COS bonus counts toward EQM?
Old Nov 20, 2019, 12:10 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP
Departure Airport: EWR (or LAX or BUR)
Miles Needed: 10,000
Required Spend or Budget: $500 max
Available Travel Dates: Anytime between now and 12/31/2019
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: Don't know what this means

Hello! I am new to this forum and just hit MVP on Alaska. I guess I have about 6 weeks to try and hit MVP Gold! Anyone have any advice? It would be greatly appreciated - thanks!
Old Nov 20, 2019, 1:11 pm

Programs: AS 100k, DL PM, New Sagaya
Originally Posted by colleenb83
Departure Airport: EWR (or LAX or BUR)
Miles Needed: 10,000
Required Spend or Budget: $500 max
Available Travel Dates: Anytime between now and 12/31/2019
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: Don't know what this means

Hello! I am new to this forum and just hit MVP on Alaska. I guess I have about 6 weeks to try and hit MVP Gold! Anyone have any advice? It would be greatly appreciated - thanks!
$500 might be tight. EWR-LAX-FLL (with overnight in LAX on way outbound) is 9820 miles and $700ish in December and thats in Main, Saver is an option if one desired.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 3:48 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP
Departure Airport: SEA (or PAE)
Miles Needed: 9,000
Required or Budget: Prefer under $1k
Available Travel Dates: Before 12/20/19
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: Need to fly on AS (19,000 miles to go on partners)

I'm MVP and close to gold. Looking for mileage runs help, this is my first time being close to gold

Thanks!

Last edited by kobear; Nov 21, 2019 at 8:50 am
Old Nov 21, 2019, 2:39 pm

Programs: AS 75K, Marriotts Titanium, OWE, UA Silver
Originally Posted by TJ7Flyer
Did one already in March to Xian to view the terracotta army.

My miles have to be on AS metal to hit the 75k or I will have to do another 15k for the 90k partner mileage.

In addition, this mileage run is way cheaper as we are using the companion ticket, Coast2Coast bonus, With elite bonus, it comes to 300% RDM.

We finished the second mileage run last week from Tuesday to late Friday evening. FWIW, those thinking about doing the JFK/EWR-LAX-FLL and FLL-LAX-JFK/EWR routes it wasn't bad at all. Having lounge access with Alaska and American made it nice to eat and take showers. American Airlines lounges have showers in terminals 5 and 4 at LAX and terminal 8 at JFK. We only spent $20 on food for the whole trip. In Florida, we spent the night at the hotel (Marriott Hollywood Beach) and the day on the beach. We were upgraded to first-class about 50% of the time. We binged on a TV series while taking off and landing, watch movies above 10,000 feet while flying on Gogo Entertainment, and walked a lot in the airports to keep active. We would do it again because we basically earned triple miles (RMD) with MVP Gold status and Coast2Coast bonus. One more trip to Hawai and my wife and I will both earn 75k status for the first time this year.
williwaw likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2019, 12:44 am

Departure Airport: SNA
Miles Needed: 3,258 (to reach MVP Gold)
Required or Budget: $500 or less
Available Travel Dates: Any
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: Yes, any are okay.

Just finished a trip to Spain booked through British Airways but the to and from were on Iberia and American Airlines, so Alaska denied me credit.
Old Nov 30, 2019, 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by robotmirror
Departure Airport: SNA
Miles Needed: 3,258 (to reach MVP Gold)
Required or Budget: $500 or less
Available Travel Dates: Any
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: Yes, any are okay.

Just finished a trip to Spain booked through British Airways but the to and from were on Iberia and American Airlines, so Alaska denied me credit.
SNA-SJC-AUS-SJC-SNA on 12/07 is $259/$319 in saver/main for 3,944 miles
Old Dec 1, 2019, 11:31 am

Departure Airport: SFO, SJC
Miles Needed: 8000 (to gold)
Required or Budget: whatever makes sense
Available Travel Dates: December 2019
Required Metal or Codeshares okay: Need AS metal miles
Old Dec 1, 2019, 5:35 pm

Programs: Alaska Mileage Plus
I just booked OAK-HNL for $682, with a plan to same day change to OAK-SEA-ANC-HNL

Leaving this Friday, 12/6 (Main class) - departing Oakland at 6 am and arrive HNL at 8:45 pm, returning Monday 12/9 (First Class, direct). You could return sooner for a bit more $.

9,101 EQMs and 16,384 miles all together (100% MVP bonus on the outbound and 225% bonus on the return).

I was told it's not possible to do the reverse itinerary as a same day change and at the price it seemed a better value to return in First Class.
Old Dec 2, 2019, 11:41 am

Wow, interesting. Can the same day change be denied or is it an absolute right based on availability?

I found a first class routing between OAK and HNL during the holidays that I think also gets me to 9k miles with the 75% bonus. It's about a $1000.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.