Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

AS: 2019 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2018, 10:52 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
For each request, please include the following information:

Departure Airport:
Miles Needed:
Required or Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Required Metal or Codeshares okay:

Qualification requirements

Three ways to qualify for each level: miles on Alaska only (includes Alaska flights operated by Horizon or Skywest), combination of miles on Alaska or partners (no minimum on Alaska, can be 100% partners), or combination of segments on Alaska or partners (no minimum on Alaska, can be 100% partners).

MVP: 20,000 miles on Alaska/25,000 miles on any combination of Alaska and partners/30 segments on any combination of Alaska and partners

MVP Gold: 40,000 miles on Alaska/50,000 miles on any combination of Alaska and partners/60 segments on any combination of Alaska and partners

75K: 75,000 miles on Alaska/90,000 miles on any combination of Alaska and partners/90 segments on any combination of Alaska and partners
Print Wikipost

AS: 2019 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2019, 1:38 pm
formerly Guanran Wang

Programs: Alaska, BAEC, Asiana, Aegean, Enrich, Marriott/SPG, Hilton
Originally Posted by barabuski
Longshot here, but trying to get the ~18K (partner) miles I need for MVPG (current MVPG) next year. However, I need to get it done in the next month (before 7/30) since I'm going to be insanely busy through the rest of the year. My go to is normally Qantas but paid fares are currently exorbitant. Based in SEA but have plenty of miles so no issue re positioning if needed. Any economical options that anyone sees within the next few weeks?
Look for HU J/Y fares to Asia, current;y there is a few sale going on, as well as 2x base RDM for HU flights crediting ASMP.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 5:38 pm

Longshot here, but trying to get the ~18K (partner) miles I need for MVPG (current MVPG) next year. However, I need to get it done in the next month (before 7/30) since I'm going to be insanely busy through the rest of the year. My go to is normally Qantas but paid fares are currently exorbitant. Based in SEA but have plenty of miles so no issue re positioning if needed. Any economical options that anyone sees within the next few weeks?
SEA-HKG-CGK is available for $1,707 in premium economy on Cathay (~18,700 EQM). The price is not amazing, but no positioning would be required and you could turn back around immediately. If you have Amex, there's an offer for $300 off $1,500+ that could be applied.
Old Jun 30, 2019, 8:54 am

Yeah that's not a terrible price. Thank you. That is a good last minute "easy" option!
Old Jun 30, 2019, 9:03 am

Yeah that's not a terrible price. Thank you. That is a good last minute "easy" option!
ugh, not targeted for Amex offer. Makes it slightly less appealing
Old Jul 1, 2019, 12:45 pm
formerly Guanran Wang

ugh, not targeted for Amex offer. Makes it slightly less appealing
there is a few HU J from US around 2000USD RT, can make a side trip too, and comfortable with reverse herringbone seats
Old Jul 19, 2019, 7:13 am

Programs: Alaska Mileage Plus
Hello.

I'm looking for suggestions for picking up extra miles on a mid-August trip or a pure mileage run in Oct.

Departure Airport: SFO
Itinerary + Dates:
-- mid August SFO-XXX-WAS R/T
-- Oct could be a pure mileage run SFO-xxx-SFO R/T - Anchorage could be nice to visit, or Hawaii, or NYC
Miles Needed: 10,000
Required Spend or Budget: ideally under $1,000
Metal only --- can't see how a partner airline flight would help me as I have 253 partner miles so far this year, though I have a place to stay in HKG and AKL

Thinking a First Class sale may be my best bet - is there any pattern to these year to year?

Thank you!
Old Jul 21, 2019, 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by swervegirl
Hello.

I'm looking for suggestions for picking up extra miles on a mid-August trip or a pure mileage run in Oct.

Departure Airport: SFO
Itinerary + Dates:
-- mid August SFO-XXX-WAS R/T
-- Oct could be a pure mileage run SFO-xxx-SFO R/T - Anchorage could be nice to visit, or Hawaii, or NYC
Miles Needed: 10,000
Required Spend or Budget: ideally under $1,000
Metal only --- can't see how a partner airline flight would help me as I have 253 partner miles so far this year, though I have a place to stay in HKG and AKL

Thinking a First Class sale may be my best bet - is there any pattern to these year to year?

Thank you!
If instead of SFO-xxx-WAS if you could go SFO-WAS-HNL/OGG/LIH/KOA-WAS-SFO With the WAS-HI RT nested within the SFO-WAS one, you could knock out the 10K in one go. Some possible routes have a SFO overnight. A problem for some, but probably good for you.

​​​
swervegirl likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 7:46 pm

Some dates can be done for around $600 for the WAS-HI rt.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 8:45 am

Programs: AA Ex Plat, Alaska MVP Gold 75K, Hertz Gold 5*
I've been doing mileage runs on OW partners for a few years now in order to maintain AA EXP status. Since I'm based out of PDX and I genuinely enjoy flying AS, I decided to status match to MVP 75K for this year with the thought that I'd maintain AA EXP and try for at least MVP Gold on AS for next years. This has proven to be more challenging than I expected. Does anyone have any tips or tricks for AS mileage runs? I've done a couple of quick turns to JFK which is about 4900 miles for $350. I know there is a class bonus but I'd rather not pay up for a service that I usually get upgraded to for free and the math usually doesn't work out anyway. Are there any other ways to get mileage "multipliers"? I'm thinking back to the good ol' days when I could do some crazy routing to Puerto Rico on AA in paid business class and get 15000k miles in a weekend for $700...
Old Jul 30, 2019, 10:21 pm

Expired

Last edited by princesakura; Jul 31, 2019 at 6:13 pm Reason: deal expired
Old Jul 31, 2019, 1:06 am

Programs: AS MVPG75k, AA Plat
Originally Posted by PDXAA
I've been doing mileage runs on OW partners for a few years now in order to maintain AA EXP status. Since I'm based out of PDX and I genuinely enjoy flying AS, I decided to status match to MVP 75K for this year with the thought that I'd maintain AA EXP and try for at least MVP Gold on AS for next years. This has proven to be more challenging than I expected. Does anyone have any tips or tricks for AS mileage runs? I've done a couple of quick turns to JFK which is about 4900 miles for $350. I know there is a class bonus but I'd rather not pay up for a service that I usually get upgraded to for free and the math usually doesn't work out anyway. Are there any other ways to get mileage "multipliers"? I'm thinking back to the good ol' days when I could do some crazy routing to Puerto Rico on AA in paid business class and get 15000k miles in a weekend for $700...
If you were to nest itineraries starting from NYC, NYC-SEA/PDX-ABQ/SAN/LAS/PSP return should be $269 (sometimes even less)
Old Jul 31, 2019, 9:14 am
formerly Guanran Wang

Originally Posted by PDXAA
Try to route to LAX/SAN/SFO first then fly trans-con. 100% bonus RDM until end of the year from these airports to the east coast.

Originally Posted by Unionruler
If you were to nest itineraries starting from NYC, NYC-SEA/PDX-ABQ/SAN/LAS/PSP return should be $269 (sometimes even less)
Is it possible via LAX/SFO/SAN for the double miles on transcon?
Old Jul 31, 2019, 5:58 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75k, AA Plat
Originally Posted by Guanran Wang
Is it possible via LAX/SFO/SAN for the double miles on transcon?
NYC-SFO-PSP works. The rest I'm not sure.
Old Aug 4, 2019, 10:57 am

Programs: Mileageplus
Hi,

Looking to re-qualify UA 1K this year because I am so close. PQD is tripping me up - already qualified with miles. Looking for 3-4 day weekend trip in early December

Departure Airport: DCA preferred, but could do IAD
Itinerary + Dates:
-- early December - somewhere in the Caribbean preferred
Miles Needed: Doesn't matter
Required Spend or Budget: Need $1245 PQD
Old Aug 4, 2019, 1:41 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
You're in the wrong forum/thread

This thread is for Alaska Airlines.

You want a similar thread in the United Airlines forum
dgreen12 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.