Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

DL/Sky Team: 2019 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2018, 10:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Pat89339
For each request, please include the following information:

Departure Airport:
Miles Needed:
Required Spend or Budget:
Available Travel Dates:
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*:

For each response. Please quote the original request. DO NOT START A SEPARATE THREAD.

----

NOTE: You will have greater chances of success if you have greater flexibility on travel dates and cost. If you need a lot of MQMs on weekends only for < 5 cpm it probably won't happen.

Other creative possibilities depending how many MQMs you need:
----

*"Required Metal or Codeshares" is, approximately, asking whether you need a flight operated specifically by Delta or if partner flights are ok. If you are just looking for MQMs to hit a Medallion tier the normal way, then the answer is yes. If you are doing a status challenge, the answer is also probably yes, but read the T&C of your challenge carefully to be sure (for the regular status challenge the answer is also "yes")

NOTE: some partner flights earn MQMs at reduced rates. See this chart for more info.

Newcomers may also be interested in the FlyerTalk Glossary
Print Wikipost

DL/Sky Team: 2019 Consolidated Mileage/Status/Challenge Runs help needed

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2019, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by canuck_traveler
You could look at IAD-JNB on Delta/KLM (via AMS is about 20,500 MQMs; via ATL is about 17,800 MQMs)

IAD-SIN, about 21,000 MQMs but only the cross Pacific portion is eligible for GUC if the flight is operated by Delta
Thanks. I need every MQM I can get [need 41,000 MQMs, 0 MQDs] to maintain DM, so I will go with the Virgin Atlantic option, $909 and 23,000 MQMs in economy delight.

Other suggested options to get the remaining 17,000 MQMs?

Departure Airport: BWI, DCA or IAD
Miles needed: 18,000 MQMs
Required Spend or budget: $0, as low as possible.
Available Travel Dates: last two weeks of December
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: Delta preferred, codeshare ok (as long as MQDs/MQMs would post in time)
Old Nov 23, 2019, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by drunkmoose
Thanks. I need every MQM I can get [need 41,000 MQMs, 0 MQDs] to maintain DM, so I will go with the Virgin Atlantic option, $909 and 23,000 MQMs in economy delight.

Other suggested options to get the remaining 17,000 MQMs?

Departure Airport: BWI, DCA or IAD
Miles needed: 18,000 MQMs
Required Spend or budget: $0, as low as possible.
Available Travel Dates: last two weeks of December
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: Delta preferred, codeshare ok (as long as MQDs/MQMs would post in time)
Do you have a Chinese visa?

If you do, then

Dec 28 - 30, Delta, BWI-DTW-PEK-DTW-BWI, $1200 (Premium Select), about 21,000 MQMs, 26 hours in Beijing

If you don't it may be possible to do:

Above mentioned flight to PEK but take a connecting flight to another country after arriving in PEK

Dec 29 - 30, Korean Airlines, PEK-ICN-PEK, $330 - flight from PEK to ICN departs at 9:55pm, 10 hours in Seoul, arrive back in PEK at 12:40pm on 30th

You may see if you can get it all on one itinerary since Delta and Korean are Skyteam Alliance partners - will save hassle at check-in as gate agent may not know the Chinese visa rules about not needing visa for connecting flights to 3rd country. Delta and Korean are at the same terminal in PEK.

Thread giving information on Chinese visa requirements: China 24, 72, and 144 hour Transit Without Visa ("TWOV") rules master thread

Being in the Washington area, you might be able to get a 10 year Chinese tourist visa fairly quickly.

Last edited by canuck_traveler; Nov 23, 2019 at 2:59 pm Reason: note about getting Chinese visa
Old Nov 23, 2019, 10:14 pm

Help- Gunning for platinum for first time

Hi- I’m new to flyer talk, first time poster so apologies if I don’t do this right. I’m trying to lock in platinum status and have the following stats:
MQMS: 8775 to platinum
MQS: 13028 (passed the $9000 platinum threshold)
Homebase: NYC
Budget: ~$1,500 to hit platinum, ~$3,000 to hit Diamond

I’m planning a trip from NYC to LA from 12/13-15 and I’ll have to work the whole of 12/14 in LA so couldn’t travel on until that night/morning of 22/15. I do have flexibility to travel on 12/16 and 12/17 as well (took some vaca days that I was going to cancel/not use but they may come in handy.)

My budget is ~$1500 to hit platinum but I’d prefer not to do a red eye on coach if at all avoidable. I looked a few days ago and round trip delta one for $1700 wouldn’t get me there (~1000 mqm short).

...and for any of the experts here, just wondering if there’s a way to make it to diamond spending ~$3,000 (I realize that’s getting like 60,000 MQMs so prob not, but hey, I love an adventure/challenge).

Outside if that weekend trip, my job will keep me pretty local so I could only really travel on weekends and/or from 12/26-30.

Also;

I have a delta platinum card and 360k miles. (Not sure if either is relevant)

My wife just earned diamond status but doesn’t want to give me platinum because she values the other perks and thinks I can get it myself. (She travels to Europe a lot, I get it)

Thanks for your help!
Old Nov 24, 2019, 1:20 am

Programs: Delta - Platinium Medallion
Husband Attempting to make Platinum...fingers crossed

Departure Airport: DFW or DAL
Miles Needed:21k MQMs to Platinum
Required Spend or Budget: 0 MQDs needed; Budget - $1400 (may kick in more if needed)
Available Travel Dates: Prefer weekends thru December 21st (but flexible during the week due to work)
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: Delta preferred but will consider codeshares

Hello! I need a little assistance. My husband is looking to make platinum. The best case scenario for him would be a weekend turn but he does have a bit of flexibility during the week. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old Nov 24, 2019, 4:17 am

12/17-18 Need help with a MR from NYC

Could someone please help me find a lucrative MR deal from JFK, LGA or HPN? I’m going to be 7,000 MQM’s short of my Diamond year end requirement.
Only day I can fly is 12/17-12/18! Thanks
Old Nov 24, 2019, 6:01 am

Departure Airport: BOS
Miles Needed: 3,756 MQM
Required Spend or Budget: already hit MQD
Available Travel Dates: week of Dec 16
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: Yes

Hi everyone, long time lurker finally tried to dive in. Switched jobs mid year and doing lots of int’l and domestic travel. Flew diff airlines to start due to direct flight convenience, but found Delta to be the best service and would like to stick with it, and ended up just short of reaching Silver. Should be able to reach Gold or higher if I stick with them with all my travels next year. Any help is appreciated, thank you!
Old Nov 24, 2019, 6:17 am

Help getting PM status this year

Departure Airport: ATL
Miles Needed: 2400 MQM
Required Spend or Budget: <$300
Available Travel Dates: 12/29-12/31
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: Yes
Old Nov 24, 2019, 6:55 am

Mileage run for diamond

Departure Airport: BOS/BDL
Miles Needed: 15,000
Required Spend or Budget: $2-3,000
Available Travel Dates: 12/13-12/15 and 12/19-12/23
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: Any

apologies for weekend travel, that’s all I have available until the end of the year.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 8:36 am

Programs: Skymiles
Departure Airport: BHM
Miles Needed: 17,000 to DM
Required Spend or Budget: low as possible
Available Travel Dates: open except Dec 10-13 or Dec 18-20
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: yes
Old Nov 24, 2019, 8:38 am

Mile Run from NYC

Mileage run for Diamond
Departure Airport: BOS/JFK
Miles Needed: 22,000-25,000
Required Spend or Budget: $1000
Available Travel Dates: Any
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: Any but prefer partner to meet MQD requirement.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 8:38 am

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Need 2020 SkyTeam MQD runs from the US.

The last couple of years I've done MQD runs on AM in J. I've been looking at 2020 and don't see any bargain fares that would justify an MQD run (at least 3 MQD per $).

JFK-MEX-UIO-MEX-JFK @3.18 cpMQD but that'll require a 3rd trip. JFK-MEX-GRU-MEX-JFK @2.72 cpMQD would only be 2 trips and 1000 more MQD.

I can easily position anyplace in the US.

I've also been checking the Premium Runs thread for any Sky Team runs from the US and don't see a thing. Positioning TATL just adds too much time.

Any ideas or thoughts?

Last edited by SuperG1955; Nov 24, 2019 at 2:58 pm
Old Nov 24, 2019, 9:14 am
hjg

Programs: Delta
Diamond Status from Seattle

Departure Airport: SEA
Miles Needed: 17000
Required Spend or Budget: Spend met
Available Travel Dates: Nov 26 - Dec 3; Dec 14 - Dec 31
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: Seeking Delta Diamond
Old Nov 24, 2019, 9:58 am

Trying to keep platinum from SEA

Departure airport: SEA
MQM needed: 5000
Budget: < $600
Codeshare OK: Yes

I switched from AS to DL back in June due to a job change and completed a status match challenge to go from AS MVP Gold to DL Platinum. I completed the 3 month MQM requirement easily, but because the beginning date of my challenge was still in the first half of the year the status is only good through 1/2020 unless I hit 75k MQM for the year. I'm on track to come close; I would have hit Diamond at this pace had I started at the beginning of the year. With the remaining travel I have booked, I am going to be about 5k short. Two questions:

-Best and cheapest way to grab a quick 5,000 MQM out of SEA, preferably in the last few days of December?

-Has anyone had luck getting Delta to waive a MQM requirement in a case like this based on the date of inception and rate of miles accumulated? I already have 6 SEA-MSP round trips booked for Jan-Feb as well.

Thanks !
Old Nov 24, 2019, 12:07 pm

Originally Posted by Brillig13
Hi- I’m new to flyer talk, first time poster so apologies if I don’t do this right. I’m trying to lock in platinum status and have the following stats:
MQMS: 8775 to platinum
MQS: 13028 (passed the $9000 platinum threshold)
Homebase: NYC
Budget: ~$1,500 to hit platinum, ~$3,000 to hit Diamond

I’m planning a trip from NYC to LA from 12/13-15 and I’ll have to work the whole of 12/14 in LA so couldn’t travel on until that night/morning of 22/15. I do have flexibility to travel on 12/16 and 12/17 as well (took some vaca days that I was going to cancel/not use but they may come in handy.)

My budget is ~$1500 to hit platinum but I’d prefer not to do a red eye on coach if at all avoidable. I looked a few days ago and round trip delta one for $1700 wouldn’t get me there (~1000 mqm short).

...and for any of the experts here, just wondering if there’s a way to make it to diamond spending ~$3,000 (I realize that’s getting like 60,000 MQMs so prob not, but hey, I love an adventure/challenge).

Outside if that weekend trip, my job will keep me pretty local so I could only really travel on weekends and/or from 12/26-30.

Also;

I have a delta platinum card and 360k miles. (Not sure if either is relevant)

My wife just earned diamond status but doesn’t want to give me platinum because she values the other perks and thinks I can get it myself. (She travels to Europe a lot, I get it)

Thanks for your help!
You can pick up the 8800 MQMs on a flight to Hawaii. Given your weekend travel requirement, here is a possible option:

Delta, Dec 6, JFK-LIH (via LAX), $699 (BE) / $764 (MC), about 10,000 MQMs, about 1 hour in LIH, return flight to JFK arrives shortly before 6pm on Dec. 7
Old Nov 24, 2019, 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by Ambition
Departure Airport: DFW or DAL
Miles Needed:21k MQMs to Platinum
Required Spend or Budget: 0 MQDs needed; Budget - $1400 (may kick in more if needed)
Available Travel Dates: Prefer weekends thru December 21st (but flexible during the week due to work)
Required Metal or Codeshares okay*: Delta preferred but will consider codeshares

Hello! I need a little assistance. My husband is looking to make platinum. The best case scenario for him would be a weekend turn but he does have a bit of flexibility during the week. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Does your husband have a Chinese visa?

If yes, an option would be a MR to China:

Delta, Dec 6 - 8, DFW-PEK, $1418 (Premium Select), about 23,000 MQMs (Delta premium select earns 1.5x MQMs), routing: DFW-LAX-PVG-PEK-DTW-DFW, about 19 hours in PEK, gets back to Dallas around 10:30pm on Dec 8

If not, a MR to JNB will also work but will require some flexibility on time

Delta/KLM/Air France, Dec 7 - 9, $1062 (MC), about 21,000 MQMs (routing: DFW-JFK-AMS-JNB-CDG-ATL-DFW), about 22 hours in JNB, flight arrives back in Dallas late afternoon of Dec 10

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.