Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] MH/JL: One-Way DEL-KUL-NRT-JFK/ORD/BOS in Business $1,382

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] MH/JL: One-Way DEL-KUL-NRT-JFK/ORD/BOS in Business $1,382

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2018, 9:34 am

Programs: BA GFL, OW Gold, CX/MP Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by Schwann

You can, but it’s £2032 for the RT.
That's what I thought. Thanks!
Old Sep 24, 2018, 3:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, Carlson/HHonors GLD, National Ex, Hertz Gld, AMEX Plat
Has anyone flown this recently and credited to AA? How did the TYO-JFK segment credit?
Old Sep 24, 2018, 6:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by CruisingAltitude47
Has anyone flown this recently and credited to AA? How did the TYO-JFK segment credit?
This is an MH flight number operated by JL, so it should post according to MH earning table at aa.com....or what am I missing here?

https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...a-airlines.jsp
Old Sep 25, 2018, 10:59 am

Programs: AA - EXP
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
This is an MH flight number operated by JL, so it should post according to MH earning table at aa.com....or what am I missing here?

https://www.aa.com/i18n/travel-info/...a-airlines.jsp
This also does state the below so perhaps the NRT - JFK segment won't be eligible for any earning.

Anyone have intel on this?

Earn and redeem AAdvantage® miles for travel on Malaysia Airlines within Asia and between Asia and
  • Europe
  • Middle East
  • South Pacific
Old Sep 25, 2018, 12:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by mosfet
This also does state the below so perhaps the NRT - JFK segment won't be eligible for any earning.

Anyone have intel on this?

Earn and redeem AAdvantage® miles for travel on Malaysia Airlines within Asia and between Asia and
  • Europe
  • Middle East
  • South Pacific
No, that's not relevant. It will earn according to the earnings table.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 10:09 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
Originally Posted by CruisingAltitude47
Flew this last summer. Took a few calls over a couple months to the AA Plat line to get the credit for the JL segment (NRT-JFK). The MH segments, DEL-KUL-NRT posted within a day or so.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 9:02 am

Programs: MARIOTT GOLD, QR GOLD,OW S. HH DIA, CHASE RESERVE
so this fare is still available ... the dates i am looking at .. the only option is w. a transfer in tokyo from Narita to haneda w. a 4.30hr time ....

has anybody done this being new to tokyo ... i am concerned of ease of transfer ..

also i am going to credit miles to QR ... do all segments get credited or are there issues with credting Tokyo - JFK

thanks all
Old Nov 10, 2018, 10:40 am

Programs: AA EXP UA Gold QR Platinum Hilton Gold FB Sinbad
I am trying to buy BLR-KUL-NRT/HND-JFK. Both ITA and GF show a nice KUL NRT HND JFK flights on JL and when I called MH to book the ticket they said they can only book the ticket if I fly the KUL to NRT portion on MH. How to get the KUL NRT portion
Old Nov 10, 2018, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by cochinjew
I am trying to buy BLR-KUL-NRT/HND-JFK. Both ITA and GF show a nice KUL NRT HND JFK flights on JL and when I called MH to book the ticket they said they can only book the ticket if I fly the KUL to NRT portion on MH. How to get the KUL NRT portion
For me the google flight link works to book your routing without the need to call MH for ticketing?
Old Nov 10, 2018, 10:36 pm

Originally Posted by wickedkhalsa
so this fare is still available ... the dates i am looking at .. the only option is w. a transfer in tokyo from Narita to haneda w. a 4.30hr time ....

has anybody done this being new to tokyo ... i am concerned of ease of transfer ..

also i am going to credit miles to QR ... do all segments get credited or are there issues with credting Tokyo - JFK

thanks all
Just did the transfer a few weeks back - took the limousine bus (90 minutes door to door).

Re miles, still in process. They credited BLR - KUL in a few days, and couldn't find the other two legs. Sent them the boarding passes and currently waiting.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 3:01 am

Originally Posted by qupasyd
This is a Malaysia Airlines one-way Business Flex (D) fare from Delhi to New York, Chicago, or Boston, with JAL operating the transpacific segment. It is just half the price of a round-trip. MH operates an A330 with lie-flat seats from DEL to KUL on many frequencies. They operate their new A350 from KUL to NRT. It is free to have a stopover in Kuala Lumpur.

Example:
DEL-KUL-NRT-JFK 01/09 -- $1,382
is it possible to add in an extra stop from Japan to lax then carry on to jfk?
Old Nov 11, 2018, 7:45 am

Programs: BAEC G, WN A-, Hyatt G, HH G, MAR T, Hz PC, was [UA2P, FL A+Elite, BD G]
Originally Posted by Palty
is it possible to add in an extra stop from Japan to lax then carry on to jfk?
No, the fare rules only allow the routing DEL-KUL-TYO-JFK.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 8:48 pm

Programs: oneworld *A,Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by Croupier

For me the google flight link works to book your routing without the need to call MH for ticketing?
But the MH 9146 or JL6 not even bookable or exist as only Codeshares with AA 8403 or BA 4604 if origin in DEL
Old Nov 12, 2018, 10:36 am

Programs: MARIOTT GOLD, QR GOLD,OW S. HH DIA, CHASE RESERVE
Originally Posted by dieswaytoofast
Just did the transfer a few weeks back - took the limousine bus (90 minutes door to door).

Re miles, still in process. They credited BLR - KUL in a few days, and couldn't find the other two legs. Sent them the boarding passes and currently waiting.
did you do the the same 4.30 connection ?

how long was the arrival immigration ?

how long was the departure immigration ?

please update if you got credited with all the miles & qpoints ... assuming you credited to QR
Old Nov 12, 2018, 5:56 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Still around and only US$1263

https://www.google.com/flights/?f=0#...sp:.USD.126282

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.