Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] MH/JL: One-Way DEL-KUL-NRT-JFK/ORD/BOS in Business $1,382

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] MH/JL: One-Way DEL-KUL-NRT-JFK/ORD/BOS in Business $1,382

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2019, 5:36 am

Originally Posted by Dakota
Yes. Didn't try JL code, because that made no practical difference to me.
Wouldn't JL earn Avios bonus on BAEC, as compared to MH which doesn't.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 7:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Morning Calm, Marriott Plat., Hyatt Globalist
Does anyone know if a US citizen can enter DEL with separate ticket and leave on this route (DEL-KUL-NRT-BOS) without a visa / is check-in possible within the transit zone of DEL?

Seems the deal is still valid (around $1450) and thinking of doing it if I can get it done without a visa. Thanks!
Old Apr 16, 2019, 11:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Originally Posted by lovexylitol
Does anyone know if a US citizen can enter DEL with separate ticket and leave on this route (DEL-KUL-NRT-BOS) without a visa / is check-in possible within the transit zone of DEL?

Seems the deal is still valid (around $1450) and thinking of doing it if I can get it done without a visa. Thanks!

Although having an EU passport, I have done that procedure a couple of times, having to wait in a non-entertaining transit area fortransit desks to open, or for BPs to be issued.

From a recent experience transiting to MH from UL in CGK on2 reservations, I would say the key to success is to do OLCI + PYOB before departing for DEL. MH accepts OLCI 48h pre-departure.

Don't underestimate the power of a printed BP at airports where most transits are Int <->Dom. Try a mobile BP, but have a a printed "ace" ready, to open doors.
lovexylitol likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 7:14 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by lovexylitol

The airline you're coming in on will most likely ask for either a visa or connecting flight information, so have all your printouts handy. If you're lucky enough they may be able to check you in for those flights and provide boarding passes too. I did this leaving MLE on UL to DEL. I showed them my MH flight info and they, somehow, got me boarding passes.

As other posters stated, there is a very dim, 'transit,' area in DEL. When I went, they had to call to MH to confirm my boarding passes. At that point, they signed my boarding pass and we were allowed through security. I imagine if we didn't have a boarding pass, it would still have been fine, albeit more cumbersome as we probably would have had to wait for someone to give us those.
lovexylitol likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 7:15 am

Programs: AA EXP, Morning Calm, Marriott Plat., Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by onobond
I would say the key to success is to do OLCI + PYOB before departing for DEL. MH accepts OLCI 48h pre-departure.

Don't underestimate the power of a printed BP at airports where most transits are Int <->Dom. Try a mobile BP, but have a a printed "ace" ready, to open doors.
Totally makes sense, I was thinking of doing a BOS-NRT-DEL on JL and then DEL-KUL (stopover go to SIN or BKK) KUL-NRT-BOS, so will do OLCI on the way in. Thanks!
Old May 4, 2019, 2:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Is the reverse direction, i.e. starting in JFK no longer possible?

After finalizing a reservation the other ('original') way, I found out that doing the reverse direction a couple of months later, the positioning from, and back to JFK, would be easier, with a return ticket. I did, however, only find available tix for short of $5.5K. Tried both BOS and JFK between late Apr 19 until Feb 20, only to find this discouraging price. There is still wide availability starting in DEL, for the original deal price, though.

Just to report on an issue discussed above. I had help fro Propeller Travel with my reservation for two things I couldn't fix myself. 1. A stayover in TYO and 2. JL coded TPAC. Issue #1 was easy fixed, but all possible ways to solve #2 resulted in "non-combinable" tickets. The reason could be, as stated above, that to arrange this one can't have a stopover in KUL. As I have friends in KUL, it was no deal to just stay overnight, so I will manage with a slightly lesser EQM that the MH code generates compared to JL, on the TPAC (crediting to AA).

Maybe trying the same routing again early next year, just having a layover in KUL, if that enables JL code?

Safe travels, all!

Last edited by onobond; May 4, 2019 at 2:59 am Reason: insert lost words
Old May 4, 2019, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Is the reverse direction, i.e. starting in JFK no longer possible?
Similar to most of these fares, the reverse starting in the US has never been available, AFAIK.
Old May 5, 2019, 2:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JJeffrey
Similar to most of these fares, the reverse starting in the US has never been available, AFAIK.
Yes, I must have mixed things up when doing a search for the r/t, starting from DEL. Spent a lot of time tweaking times/days for the return legs from JFK onwards. In the end decided on the o/w. Thanks for putting things right.
Old May 11, 2019, 12:25 pm

I just booked the round trip version with a stopover in Japan on the outbound and in Kuala Lumpur on the return. The stop-over in Japan is arriving Friday at 6:05pm and departing Monday at 10:45am, so about 64 hours. Rather than struggle to book it myself, I paid a $44 fee to Propeller Travel, and they booked it without any trouble. Perhaps for this ticket Propeller is the key.
Old May 12, 2019, 3:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mhaines94108
I just booked the round trip version with a stopover in Japan on the outbound and in Kuala Lumpur on the return. The stop-over in Japan is arriving Friday at 6:05pm and departing Monday at 10:45am, so about 64 hours. Rather than struggle to book it myself, I paid a $44 fee to Propeller Travel, and they booked it without any trouble. Perhaps for this ticket Propeller is the key.
That sounds nice. Did you try/manage to get JL code for the outbound TPAC?
Old May 12, 2019, 3:28 am

Hello everyone
someone already asked this question above but it got lost somewhere along the lines and i have the same question
I wanna do this trip crediting the miles to BA
1) what's the best route I can squeeze out the most tiers points? Is there anywhere else I could stop/transfer?
2) is it very easy to credit the MH miles (since it books into Z I think)?
3) and how to book it?
Old May 13, 2019, 2:43 am

That sounds nice. Did you try/manage to get JL code for the outbound TPAC?
Unfortunately I did not try, and what I got is all MH. My main goal was tier points, but I can certainly find a use for extra Avios. I really want to get to 3500 TPS to renew GGL and get the GUFs.
Old May 13, 2019, 6:18 am

Programs: FB Gold, SAS Gold
How much more Avios would you get for JL?
Old May 13, 2019, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by Mailand
How much more Avios would you get for JL?
Using the BA Calculator, the NRT-BOS leg is 160 Tier Points either way, but it's just 8,378 Avios on Malaysian vs 15,080 on JAL. I'm really kicking myself for not having tried to get the JAL coding on that leg.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 8:03 am

Booking

Hey where i could book this flights with stopover in KUL and NRT?some idear? Thank you!!

Best regards Danny

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.