Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] MH/JL: One-Way DEL-KUL-NRT-JFK/ORD/BOS in Business $1,382

[PREM FARE GONE] MH/JL: One-Way DEL-KUL-NRT-JFK/ORD/BOS in Business $1,382

Old Dec 14, 2018, 5:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS MVP Gold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by stefg1007
If you miss a connection, the remainder of your segments are automatically cancelled. Some airlines may, with good will, rebook you on the unofficial, 'flat tire,' rule if there is a compelling reason. However it's not a guarantee and you may be stuck with having to buy a whole new flight or a big change fee.
Yes, but thats just the general rule. I am talking about specifically in this case. There is only one other segment left. and NRT - HND is quite a bit of distance and the time is enough but not enough of a buffer time.
Old Dec 15, 2018, 7:16 pm

Programs: US CP, MR Plat, SPG Plat, HHonors Gold, National X
Originally Posted by dieswaytoofast
EQM / EQD / Award - - - 10,160 /1, 694 / 16,595
Just 1,694 EDQ?? Doesn't credit based on distance (20%)??
Old Dec 15, 2018, 8:50 pm

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
Originally Posted by Nikolaos
Just 1,694 EDQ?? Doesn't credit based on distance (20%)??
The distance between HND to JFK is 6772 according to GC. But I believe it credits 25% for EQD as it is not a Z fare. So it sounds correct (within a few miles, given that AA may use a slightly different distance).
dieswaytoofast and Nikolaos like this.
Old Dec 15, 2018, 11:54 pm

Programs: US CP, MR Plat, SPG Plat, HHonors Gold, National X
Originally Posted by DeltaFlyingProf
The distance between HND to JFK is 6772 according to GC. But I believe it credits 25% for EQD as it is not a Z fare. So it sounds correct (within a few miles, given that AA may use a slightly different distance).
Sorry, missed the part that it was specific for the HND-JFK portion of the ticket!! Thank you for clarifying!!
dieswaytoofast likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 11:59 am

Programs: EK Plat
Was anyone able to work out how to add a stopover in Tokyo..? I cannot even get the ticket to price if I try and add a longer (but less than 24 hour) layover.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Originally Posted by Lkaroo
Was anyone able to work out how to add a stopover in Tokyo..? I cannot even get the ticket to price if I try and add a longer (but less than 24 hour) layover.
Stopovers in TYO not allowed on this fare. Play with dates, and you might find a layover from late afternoon (NRT) until late morning (HND)
Old Apr 13, 2019, 1:07 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Originally Posted by onobond
Stopovers in TYO not allowed on this fare. Play with dates, and you might find a layover from late afternoon (NRT) until late morning (HND)
I beg to differ, while it may be difficult to get a stopover to price in TYO, the fare rules do not prohibit it as you suggest.

This is a routing based fare, with a stopover cost of INr1,000 per stopover at any city in the routing table.

Most people are reporting a problem getting a stopover because OTAs will only pull up MHcoded flights and the MH coded transpacs on AA or JL are only available when done in conjunction with a sub 24 hour arrival from KL.

But as I pointed out previously, this fare doesnt require the transpac to be MH coded:

FLIGHT APPLICATION

THE FARE COMPONENT MUST BE ON
ONE OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING
ANY MH FLIGHT
ANY IT FLIGHT
ANY IC FLIGHT
ANY AI FLIGHT
ANY 9W FLIGHT
ANY BA FLIGHT
ANY QF FLIGHT
ANY CX FLIGHT
ANY JL FLIGHT
ANY AA FLIGHT
ANY AB FLIGHT
ANY UA FLIGHT.
Presumably a capable TA could get you in one day on an MH or JL flight and allow a +24 hour stopover before booking you onward on a JL or AA coded flight. The fare rules allow that.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 3:28 pm

Edit: Incorrectly stated stopover not possible.

Last edited by erik123; Apr 14, 2019 at 6:31 am
Old Apr 13, 2019, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stephem

I beg to differ, while it may be difficult to get a stopover to price in TYO, the fare rules do not prohibit it as you suggest.

This is a routing based fare, with a stopover cost of INr1,000 per stopover at any city in the routing table.

Most people are reporting a problem getting a stopover because OTAs will only pull up MHcoded flights and the MH coded transpacs on AA or JL are only available when done in conjunction with a sub 24 hour arrival from KL.

But as I pointed out previously, this fare doesnt require the transpac to be MH coded:

Presumably a capable TA could get you in one day on an MH or JL flight and allow a +24 hour stopover before booking you onward on a JL or AA coded flight. The fare rules allow that.

Originally Posted by erik123
You can't stopover despite the fare rules - which are a holdover from earlier when stopovers were possible..
OK, I stand corrected as per hinting that the reason for not being able to do stayovers in TYO was the fare rules prohibiting that. In reality fare rules stop TYO stopovers through other restrictions, as documented above. Thanks to both of you for helping us understand this interesting fare, sold for a good price.

In the light of my posting experience, I will in due order perform self-criticism
Pocatello likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 8:54 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
You can't stopover despite the fare rules - which are a holdover from earlier when stopovers were possible..
I am not sure what this means, do you mean the OTAs didnt update the way they coded this fare when the fare rules changed?

The fare rules say what they say, the routing table says what it says and (admittedly i havent dug into this yet) the fare bucket table for other carriers also says what it says. I have flown countless fares over the years that no OTA can book because the OTA hasn’t properly coded the fare. I use a real live TA who takes my proposed itinerary, reads the fare rules and books me my custom routing. I have not sent this to a TA yet, has anyone who is a TA tried to ticket it themselves as opposed to relying on OTAs which clearly have not coded this correctly?
ashkale and Unionruler like this.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 9:54 pm

TYO Stopover Possible

Hello from Tokyo...

I'm currently flying this fare and am pleased to confirm that it is indeed possible to stopover in Tokyo >24hrs. I use the excellent Propeller Travel in London as TA.

Incidentally, the MH sectors I flew from DEL and KUL were extremely good; great product throughout.
onobond and NJSwamplands like this.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 6:32 am

Originally Posted by Dakota
Hello from Tokyo...

I'm currently flying this fare and am pleased to confirm that it is indeed possible to stopover in Tokyo >24hrs. I use the excellent Propeller Travel in London as TA.

Incidentally, the MH sectors I flew from DEL and KUL were extremely good; great product throughout.
I stand corrected. That is great news. Did you get the MH fare code on HND-JFK?
onobond likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 8:27 am

Yes. Didn't try JL code, because that made no practical difference to me.

I stand corrected. That is great news. Did you get the MH fare code on HND-JFK?
Old Apr 14, 2019, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Dakota
Hello from Tokyo...

Really good news, especially for us who thought otherwise. Thanks for reporting !
Old Apr 14, 2019, 10:31 pm

Hey, you're all welcome. A pleasure to give back to the enormous communal knowledge which benefits all of us on FT. ^

Great, great fare, which I hope to use more. Very grateful to the OP.

Originally Posted by onobond
Really good news, especially for us who thought otherwise. Thanks for reporting !

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.