FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mileage Run Discussion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion-627/)
-   -   [PREM FARE GONE] MH/JL: One-Way DEL-KUL-NRT-JFK/ORD/BOS in Business $1,382 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-discussion/1905171-prem-fare-gone-mh-jl-one-way-del-kul-nrt-jfk-ord-bos-business-1-382-a.html)

qupasyd Apr 20, 2018 4:58 pm

[PREM FARE GONE] MH/JL: One-Way DEL-KUL-NRT-JFK/ORD/BOS in Business $1,382

This is a Malaysia Airlines one-way Business Flex (D) fare from Delhi to New York, Chicago, or Boston, with JAL operating the transpacific segment. It is just half the price of a round-trip. MH operates an A330 with lie-flat seats from DEL to KUL on many frequencies. They operate their new A350 from KUL to NRT. It is free to have a stopover in Kuala Lumpur.

Example:
DEL-KUL-NRT-JFK 01/09 -- $1,382

ashkale Apr 20, 2018 5:04 pm

https://bit.ly/2Hhk1fS

Been around for ages, posted ages ago too.

IAN-UK Apr 20, 2018 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by ashkale (Post 29665702)
https://bit.ly/2Hhk1fS

Been around for ages, posted ages ago too.

No sour grapes from me! Thanks, qupasyd, for the link to a useful fare....

mhaines94108 Apr 20, 2018 8:15 pm

6 x 140 = 840 tier points

Not the cheapest tier points, but not the most expensive either. I am based in Europe and need to visit India and NYC in the coming months.

ashkale Apr 21, 2018 6:43 am

Originally Posted by IAN-UK (Post 29665978)

Grapes? Are you ok?

IAN-UK Apr 21, 2018 8:14 am

Originally Posted by ashkale (Post 29667089)
Grapes? Are you ok?

sour grapes - the scorning or belittling of something, usually because someone else takes the prize

ermen Apr 21, 2018 9:26 am

Originally Posted by mhaines94108 (Post 29666150)
Not the cheapest tier points, but not the most expensive either. I am based in Europe and need to visit India and NYC in the coming months.

seems like only one way

RollAnotherFatOne Apr 21, 2018 9:32 am

Originally Posted by IAN-UK (Post 29667301)
sour grapes - the scorning or belittling of something, usually because someone else takes the prize

​​​​​​
Doesn't appear to be the case at all..
Helpful to know when fares have been around a long time.

planestupid Apr 21, 2018 10:22 am

Originally Posted by RollAnotherFatOne (Post 29667525)
​​​​​​
Helpful to know when fares have been around a long time.

Why? I don't understand ....

RollAnotherFatOne Apr 21, 2018 11:09 am

Originally Posted by planestupid (Post 29667668)
Why? I don't understand ....

Because you have a greater confidence of two things:
1) genuine deal
2) that the price will most likely remain at that price (if you need time to sort out supporting travel arrangements).

erik123 Apr 21, 2018 11:54 am

Originally Posted by IAN-UK (Post 29665978)

Yes - but forum rules request posters to first check if a deal has been posted allready. and just add to that one.

qupasyd Apr 21, 2018 5:53 pm

My apologies. I searched the forum before posting but didn't go as far back as 2 years ago.

honzeek_cz Apr 21, 2018 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by qupasyd (Post 29668845)
My apologies. I searched the forum before posting but didn't go as far back as 2 years ago.

Twice is better than never IMHO. I benefited from these "duplicates" several times.

IAN-UK Apr 21, 2018 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by erik123 (Post 29667919)
Yes - but forum rules request posters to first check if a deal has been posted allready. and just add to that one.

A sensible enough rule to keep the the forum uncluttered, and to add to the information on the fare. But it's not always easy to locate early posts, so you have to cut some slack to posters eager to promulgate opportunities for good value flights to fellow FTers. It works in our favour.

If an eagle-eyed reader recalls an old thread on the same fare, he/she can provide Mods with a link to that earlier thread with a request that the new post be added to it. Happens all the time.

But the comment that followed the OP's post was not in any way helpful, added to forum clutter, did not point to the earlier post, and was phrased in a tone that discourages new posters.

And now we are adding to forum clutter, so I will retire gracefully from the discussion ;)

ashkale Apr 21, 2018 8:51 pm

I suppose you are referring to your own sour post, my post was clear, provided a link to the previous thread and also clicked alert button to the mods.
Tip:one can search google by entering the deal and flyertalk in the search string, not necessarily use the search function on this forum.