Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[Deal Gone] UA: CDG-WLG for 260EUR ai <2cpm

[Deal Gone] UA: CDG-WLG for 260EUR ai <2cpm

Old Jul 17, 18, 2:21 pm
  #136  
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: FDH (Friedrichshafen)
Programs: AAdvantage, BAEC, Avios, Alaska, SAS Eurobonus, DL Skymiles, IHG Priority, Best Western Rewards
Posts: 1,914
Tripsta has "temporarily ceased trading" (read: gone bust). TBH, I think you are going to struggle to get this reticketed.
The_Bouncer is online now  
Old Jul 20, 18, 5:29 am
  #137  
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 5
Originally Posted by The_Bouncer View Post
Go back to your original e-mailed confirmation. There will be a link to your flight details. Then send them a message via their web page (I'm sure it will be fine if you write in English). I did this on the French site and they got back to me very quickly (although I had to pay 15EUR for some BS "service package" before they would do anything.

If the English message doesn't work, pm me or post here and I'll write out a text in German for you.

Thank you! I've sent them a message so now we wait and see what happens
arisser is offline  
Old Jul 24, 18, 11:34 am
  #138  
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 8
Did anyone book through eSky?
itís been 3 months since I received the e-tickets.
now Iím contacted by the OTA because New Zealand air wonít reissue the ticket and Iím offered a refund.
i already made another (non-cancellable) flight booking meanwhile.
Do I need to accept this explanation?
if i have no other choice, can I seek any compensation?
Shahbazp is offline  
Old Jul 24, 18, 1:02 pm
  #139  
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: CDG, ORY
Posts: 83
Originally Posted by Shahbazp View Post
Did anyone book through eSky?
itís been 3 months since I received the e-tickets.
now Iím contacted by the OTA because New Zealand air wonít reissue the ticket and Iím offered a refund.
i already made another (non-cancellable) flight booking meanwhile.
Do I need to accept this explanation?
if i have no other choice, can I seek any compensation?
hey,

why do you need to reissue the ticket ? Did your itinerary changed from the first booking ? I mean if united transfers you via EWR to SFO ?

If your itinerary was not changed from the initial booking and you said that u got ur etix, so I guess it's ok
karlot_96 is offline  
Old Jul 24, 18, 1:18 pm
  #140  
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 8
Originally Posted by karlot_96 View Post


hey,

why do you need to reissue the ticket ? Did your itinerary changed from the first booking ? I mean if united transfers you via EWR to SFO ?

If your itinerary was not changed from the initial booking and you said that u got ur etix, so I guess it's ok
I was told:
Good morning,

i want inform you that UNITED AIRLINES changed your flight reservation.

Original details of flight

UA 984K 30JAN CDGSFO 915A 1145A

UA 917K 30JAN SFOAKL 1045P 855A

NZ 421S 01FEB AKLWLG 1100A 1205P

NZ 849S 15FEB WLGSYD 340P 525P

UA 870K 16FEB SYDSFO SS1 1230P 705A

UA 990K 16FEB SFOCDG SS1 235P 1015A

Changed flight details:

UA 800K 30JAN EWRSFO 1500 1831

UA 917K 30JAN SFOAKL 2245 855

NZ 421S 01FEB AKLWLG 1100 1205

NZ 849S 15FEB WLGSYD 1545 1730

UA 870K 16FEB SYDSFO 1300 0735

UA 990K 16FEB SFOCDG 1440 1015



Ticket was issued in tariff error and the airline AIR NEW ZELAND, don't give authorisation to reissue this ticket. We can only refund this ticket.


Last edited by Shahbazp; Jul 24, 18 at 1:19 pm Reason: Private data
Shahbazp is offline  
Old Jul 24, 18, 1:33 pm
  #141  
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: CDG, ORY
Posts: 83
Originally Posted by Shahbazp View Post


I was told:
Good morning,

i want inform you that UNITED AIRLINES changed your flight reservation.

Original details of flight

UA 984K 30JAN CDGSFO 915A 1145A

UA 917K 30JAN SFOAKL 1045P 855A

NZ 421S 01FEB AKLWLG 1100A 1205P

NZ 849S 15FEB WLGSYD 340P 525P

UA 870K 16FEB SYDSFO SS1 1230P 705A

UA 990K 16FEB SFOCDG SS1 235P 1015A

Changed flight details:

UA 800K 30JAN EWRSFO 1500 1831

UA 917K 30JAN SFOAKL 2245 855

NZ 421S 01FEB AKLWLG 1100 1205

NZ 849S 15FEB WLGSYD 1545 1730

UA 870K 16FEB SYDSFO 1300 0735

UA 990K 16FEB SFOCDG 1440 1015



Ticket was issued in tariff error and the airline AIR NEW ZELAND, don't give authorisation to reissue this ticket. We can only refund this ticket.

this is another story. Your flight was changed

need to reissue the ticket with the new itinerary..... sound not too good to deal with them now
karlot_96 is offline  
Old Jul 24, 18, 2:11 pm
  #142  
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: FDH (Friedrichshafen)
Programs: AAdvantage, BAEC, Avios, Alaska, SAS Eurobonus, DL Skymiles, IHG Priority, Best Western Rewards
Posts: 1,914
Shahbazp, I am afraid you are not in a good position here.

The onus is on your travel agent to have the ticket reissued, and Flightfinder was able to do this for me after a similar change.

I am not sure whether your agency is giving you the correct information, when they state that Air New Zealand have refused to reissue the ticket.

Perhaps someone more knowledgeable than myself on the ins-and-outs of OTAs can confirm which of the parties involved is most likely to be the one who is being difficult?
karlot_96 likes this.
The_Bouncer is online now  
Old Jul 24, 18, 11:36 pm
  #143  
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 8
Originally Posted by The_Bouncer View Post
Shahbazp, I am afraid you are not in a good position here.

The onus is on your travel agent to have the ticket reissued, and Flightfinder was able to do this for me after a similar change.

I am not sure whether your agency is giving you the correct information, when they state that Air New Zealand have refused to reissue the ticket.

Perhaps someone more knowledgeable than myself on the ins-and-outs of OTAs can confirm which of the parties involved is most likely to be the one who is being difficult?
Indeed, i donít know who is being difficult here and i donít know whatís the next step to take.
Shahbazp is offline  
Old Jul 25, 18, 4:05 pm
  #144  
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Denmark
Programs: TK Elite, HH G
Posts: 5,378
I doubt you will get the OTA to reissue the ticket when the OTA seems to insist that only a refund is possible. You could refuse the refund and try to travel on the ticket as it is. Most likely the UA agents at check-in at CDG will be able to fix/reissue the ticket and to send you off to EWR and SFO. The same for the NZ segment with the minor time/schedule change - the NZ check-in agents should be able to either allow you to travel on the ticket as it is or reissue it on the spot. At the airports the agents are more flexible and have much more leeway to fix issues and get the pax to the destination.

However, this approach is not for the faint-hearted as nothing is guaranteed and the risk is obviously that the check-in agents or airport ticket offices will not play along and you will not be able to travel on the ticket as it is. So it is really up to you and how adventurous you are. Good luck!
maciass and karlot_96 like this.

Last edited by SK AAR; Jul 25, 18 at 4:10 pm
SK AAR is online now  
Old Jul 30, 18, 1:23 am
  #145  
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 5
So, as per my post above, I emailed Airfinder/Flightfinder/FlyUvet (I've had correspondence from all three and believe they're the same company?) and finally, after coughing up 15EUR, they've reissued my ticket and it's all showing as confirmed for CDG-EWR-SFO-SYD-WLG-AKL-SFO-CDG.
I'm assuming this is as certain as it's ever going to get now, so would we say I'm safe to start making some bookings? Thanks everyone who's posted here to help!
arisser is offline  
Old Jul 30, 18, 2:08 am
  #146  
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: FDH (Friedrichshafen)
Programs: AAdvantage, BAEC, Avios, Alaska, SAS Eurobonus, DL Skymiles, IHG Priority, Best Western Rewards
Posts: 1,914
Originally Posted by arisser View Post
So, as per my post above, I emailed Airfinder/Flightfinder/FlyUvet (I've had correspondence from all three and believe they're the same company?) and finally, after coughing up 15EUR, they've reissued my ticket and it's all showing as confirmed for CDG-EWR-SFO-SYD-WLG-AKL-SFO-CDG.
I'm assuming this is as certain as it's ever going to get now, so would we say I'm safe to start making some bookings? Thanks everyone who's posted here to help!
So you had to buy the BS "Service Package" too? Anyway, it's a good result. I would say this is a go now. The booking has had human attention now - if they were going to can it they would not have reticketed it.
The_Bouncer is online now  
Old Jul 30, 18, 4:40 pm
  #147  
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 5
Originally Posted by The_Bouncer View Post
So you had to buy the BS "Service Package" too? Anyway, it's a good result. I would say this is a go now. The booking has had human attention now - if they were going to can it they would not have reticketed it.
Yeah. My first email got an almost instant response telling me they weren't able to look at my reservation until I bought the service package. Awful customer service practice but on this occasion I figured 15Ä is nothing to secure the flights. This whole experience is putting me off ever using an OTA for anything else though, haha.
The_Bouncer likes this.
arisser is offline  
Old Jul 31, 18, 2:24 pm
  #148  
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Belgian in Dublin
Programs: *A Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Ryanair Platinum
Posts: 123
Originally Posted by The_Bouncer View Post
UPDATE:

My booking has now been updated, with a new 086 e-ticket number attached to all segments, CDG-EWR-SFO-AKL-WLG-SYD-SFO-CDG.

I think I can now safely say this is definitely a go.
I now get the same message

! A modification has been made to your itinerary. Please contact United Reservations to have your ticket reissued.

Do I contact tripsta or do i contact united?
jvde is offline  
Old Jul 31, 18, 2:39 pm
  #149  
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Belgian in Dublin
Programs: *A Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Ryanair Platinum
Posts: 123
Originally Posted by jvde View Post
I now get the same message

! A modification has been made to your itinerary. Please contact United Reservations to have your ticket reissued.

Do I contact tripsta or do i contact united?
right so i just contacted united who are telling me to contact air new zealand ... Currently on hold with them. Tried a few Tripsta contact numbers but no luck it just says number doesn't exist. Are they really bust?

Last edited by jvde; Jul 31, 18 at 2:49 pm
jvde is offline  
Old Jul 31, 18, 3:40 pm
  #150  
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: FDH (Friedrichshafen)
Programs: AAdvantage, BAEC, Avios, Alaska, SAS Eurobonus, DL Skymiles, IHG Priority, Best Western Rewards
Posts: 1,914
Originally Posted by jvde View Post
I now get the same message

! A modification has been made to your itinerary. Please contact United Reservations to have your ticket reissued.

Do I contact tripsta or do i contact united?
Neither airline will touch it. Your point of contact is your travel agency, i.e. Tripsta. I don't know what the latest is. The last I heard was that they had "temporarily ceased trading", which really doesn't sound good.

I'm not sure how this is going to end for those who have booked through Tripsta.
The_Bouncer is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread