Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

2010 Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2010 Trick it / negotiate it / special savings lounge thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2010, 4:49 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Delta Gold, AA Plat
Originally Posted by sds1493
They would have to help you, as you have so far not missed any legs.
However, it is preferable not to call if at all avoidable.
thank you. that is how i see it as well.
Old Jan 12, 2010, 7:26 pm

Programs: *A Silver, AA Gold + Miles Scattered Everywhere.
can anyone tell me if IB can still be tricked? There's a 555AI fare SEA-BCN via ORD and MAD. It's a bit complicated because there's 6 segments and most booking engines can't input more than 6 segments for multi city searches. Any tips? If it can be tricked..total should be in the 300's

EDIT: Also to add.. just saw this article "Airlines Raise Fuel Surcharges" could this mean more tricking possibilities in the future??

Last edited by aaron1262; Jan 12, 2010 at 7:44 pm
Old Jan 12, 2010, 10:07 pm

UA: DEN-SIN UPGRADEABLE W FARE from $950 a.i.

Permitted Monday through Thursday
Permitted through May 21st or Sep 8th through Dec 11th
2 free stopovers permitted. None in Japan Outbound
Sample date : DEN-SIN Mar 15 – Mar 17 $928 a.i. W fare
Old Jan 12, 2010, 11:27 pm

Tricks involved.
Old Jan 13, 2010, 1:49 am

Programs: AS, BA, AA
Originally Posted by WingedWorldExplorer
So just dont bother posting
Sorry to bother you. Feel free to add me to your "Ignore List": http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/profi...?do=ignorelist
Old Jan 13, 2010, 2:38 am

I'd love to use this as a real trip, not a MR. Theoretically you can stop at HKG on the outbound and NRT on the inbound, but I doubt I can pull such a combination. Haven't been to Asia a lot (except DXB and BKK), so if I could get the two stopovers I'd jump at the chance.
Old Jan 13, 2010, 7:54 am

Programs: AA Executive PLatinum CO Platinum DL Gold Hyatt Diamond Hilton no more :)
Originally Posted by aaron1262
can anyone tell me if IB can still be tricked? There's a 555AI fare SEA-BCN via ORD and MAD. It's a bit complicated because there's 6 segments and most booking engines can't input more than 6 segments for multi city searches. Any tips? If it can be tricked..total should be in the 300's

EDIT: Also to add.. just saw this article "Airlines Raise Fuel Surcharges" could this mean more tricking possibilities in the future??
what date?
Old Jan 13, 2010, 9:04 am

Originally Posted by koroleon
I'd love to use this as a real trip, not a MR. Theoretically you can stop at HKG on the outbound and NRT on the inbound, but I doubt I can pull such a combination. Haven't been to Asia a lot (except DXB and BKK), so if I could get the two stopovers I'd jump at the chance.
Why don't you read the appropriate threads and make it happen!

Would be a true example of how FT has opened up the world for many ^^

I know from experience that if you put in the right effort on your part, there are people on this forum who will go out of their way to help you make that dream come true.

Good luck.
Old Jan 13, 2010, 9:10 am

Programs: *G
Wonder how much this costs in Q for the Denver-based promotion

Did this semi-run last year and had a *fantastic* time in SIN!!! ^
Old Jan 13, 2010, 11:29 am

Programs: *A Silver, AA Gold + Miles Scattered Everywhere.
Originally Posted by giggy
what date?
Jan 29-Feb 4. I see it on ITA and get it to price out on Hotwire and Vayama. Actually on Vayama it's 537 right now..
Old Jan 13, 2010, 12:00 pm

Programs: M&M
Originally Posted by flyinghigh77
I am a little bit worried. On my return flight from europe to the U.S. I have to switch planes and airlines, the switch takes place within Europe. The connection is tight. And if I were to miss my connection, I was counting on calling the airline or the travel agency. And now you are saying they might not help me out to get on another flight. I really can't see that happen as I have a tickets and all the flights are part of that one particular ticket...
Don't sweat it, you're in Europe. If you miss a connection, especially if it's a tight one, 99% they will just put you on a different flight if they can. If you happen to miss it don't call anyone, just go to a/the service desk and explain.

Oh, and before the service desk tank up on beverages and snacks, it can take a few hours to crawl to the front in the line. ))
Old Jan 13, 2010, 2:18 pm

Programs: AA Executive PLatinum CO Platinum DL Gold Hyatt Diamond Hilton no more :)
Originally Posted by aaron1262
Jan 29-Feb 4. I see it on ITA and get it to price out on Hotwire and Vayama. Actually on Vayama it's 537 right now..
I cant get it to dump. did find sea-bcn for $447ai though
Old Jan 13, 2010, 2:40 pm

I do have a ticket number, and am able to access my reservation thru the VA site.
Old Jan 13, 2010, 2:50 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Delta Gold, AA Plat
Originally Posted by FrankTalk
Don't sweat it, you're in Europe. If you miss a connection, especially if it's a tight one, 99% they will just put you on a different flight if they can. If you happen to miss it don't call anyone, just go to a/the service desk and explain.

Oh, and before the service desk tank up on beverages and snacks, it can take a few hours to crawl to the front in the line. ))
thanks. i was just worried because of the fd involved...
Old Jan 13, 2010, 4:05 pm

Programs: Military Space-A, UA Plat, AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Gold
SFO-LHR

Early March-Early April +/-$515ai -- able to see booking on V and choose seats immediately after I made res

Last edited by slocouple; Jan 13, 2010 at 4:32 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.