Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] AF Business Class LAX - LHR $1515

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] AF Business Class LAX - LHR $1515

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2018, 7:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by thibderoc
Yes. As I paid in euros, the refund was exactly the original price minus 5 euros (and service charge is 5 euros on the ticket).
So what other compensation are you seeking? Emotional distress?
Old Jan 6, 2018, 3:34 am

Programs: AF/KL Plat, BA Gold, A3 Gold, IHG Diamond, MR Gold, HH Diamond, ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by SFO777
I bought a number of these, mostly direct with AF, but one roundtrip for Mrs. SFO777 and me with Amex. All refunds are complete but I got this interesting VM message tonight from Amex advising that AF has agree to give me a $1,000 voucher for future travel. From my Amex Travel counsellor "... I'm just reaching out to you in regards to that recent issue with the Air France tickets. It seems that with our negotiations with Air France they have agreed to compensate you for the problem and so they are going to be issuing a $1000 future travel voucher for you to use. You have a two year to use that I will need from you though if you wouldn't mind please giving me a call back..." Way to go Amex.

^
Very nice gesture from Amex ! I believe you have the Amex Platinum in the US ? Do you get to book often with them ? I am actually completing my application now online to get the Amex Platinum too... (But in the Netherlands)
Quinlanty likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 9:02 am

Originally Posted by KL808
Got the same call today!!!

THANK YOU AMEX
Potentially this is just for Amex Plat card holders? I had booked with Amex Premier Rewards Gold and sadly no such call, etc.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 1:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by BizClsDreaming
Potentially this is just for Amex Plat card holders? I had booked with Amex Premier Rewards Gold and sadly no such call, etc.
Indeed, mine was Business Platinum booking.

Originally Posted by palmanfr
Very nice gesture from Amex ! I believe you have the Amex Platinum in the US ? Do you get to book often with them ?
Yes, I book a lot of travel with the Business Platinum and use the Pay With Points feature, which rebates 50% on any ticket until May.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 1:34 pm

Indeed, mine was Business Platinum booking.

Yes, I book a lot of travel with the Business Platinum and use the Pay With Points feature, which rebates 50% on any ticket until May.

I paid with Amex personal Plat and was curious if you took any steps, or did they simply secure this for you? Nice work SFO777
Old Jan 6, 2018, 3:24 pm

Programs: delta skymiles SM
I have 3 tickets booked via orbitz that are still showing as valid on AF website. I have AF ticket numbers and AF PNR. I have requested email confirmation from AF as recent as of today and I get an email stating valid travel for the original booking. LAX-CDG-LHR and return a couple weeks later.
At this point, am I safe to go ahead and book positioning flights to LAX and hotel stays in England? I am fairly new to this and booked based on an alert I posted on expert flyer. As a newbie, any advice the more experienced people can give me? I booked via orbitz with my personal AMEX Platinum. Charge went through as well as the travel protection I purchased. This is a bucket list trip for my wife. We are taking our 11 year old son. I don't want to get to LAX and have this fall apart at the gate in TBT. Looking for guidance on how I should proceed. I appreciate everyone's time and attention.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 3:41 pm

Programs: SWA A-List, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by swbink02
I have 3 tickets booked via orbitz that are still showing as valid on AF website. I have AF ticket numbers and AF PNR. I have requested email confirmation from AF as recent as of today and I get an email stating valid travel for the original booking. LAX-CDG-LHR and return a couple weeks later.
At this point, am I safe to go ahead and book positioning flights to LAX and hotel stays in England? I am fairly new to this and booked based on an alert I posted on expert flyer. As a newbie, any advice the more experienced people can give me? I booked via orbitz with my personal AMEX Platinum. Charge went through as well as the travel protection I purchased. This is a bucket list trip for my wife. We are taking our 11 year old son. I don't want to get to LAX and have this fall apart at the gate in TBT. Looking for guidance on how I should proceed. I appreciate everyone's time and attention.
First off, it's impressive that you joined flyertalk almost 14 years ago and this is your second post!

I've followed most of the thread and it seems that there is a chance that your ticket will still be honored. It's been over 2 weeks and they haven't canceled your ticket so I would think you could book hotels without worrying too much about losing money if they are prepaid. I believe AF would have to refund you any out of pocket expenses if the tickets are eventually canceled. Though if it were me I would try to book most things refundable or have a back up plan if the ticket does get canceled, just to not have to hassle with getting expenses reimbursed.

Regarding getting to LAX and having it fall apart, it seems if you make it that far with a ticket in hand, you'd have some sort of alternative to get on the flight you were booked. Someone earlier mentioned they got in on this deal but were downgraded to business class and were compensated for it. So it seems that you have decent odds.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 4:14 pm

After speaking with my Cent travel counselor (who thought this was ridiculous) a week ago, got a call from Exec Services on Thurs who also informed I'll be getting me voucher(s).

Received in email on Friday. I'd still rather take AF F, but this is a nice gesture.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 5:06 pm

Programs: SWA A-List, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by thexfactor
After speaking with my Cent travel counselor (who thought this was ridiculous) a week ago, got a call from Exec Services on Thurs who also informed I'll be getting me voucher(s).

Received in email on Friday. I'd still rather take AF F, but this is a nice gesture.
It's little annoying that AF only cares about the people with Amex relationships.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 5:12 pm

Interestingly enough, the voucher is for DL, not AF, so I think it was issued due to their unique relationship/leverage/bargaining position.
​​​​
Old Jan 6, 2018, 6:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by brodielayne
I paid with Amex personal Plat and was curious if you took any steps, or did they simply secure this for you? Nice work SFO777
No steps at all. I didn't ask for compensation and it came out of the blue. My only interaction with Amex after the cancellation was to dispute the AF charges so they would deduct that amount owing while I waited for AF to issue the actual credit.
brodielayne likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 7:35 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
No steps at all. I didn't ask for compensation and it came out of the blue. My only interaction with Amex after the cancellation was to dispute the AF charges so they would deduct that amount owing while I waited for AF to issue the actual credit.
The rich get richer!

I think you were one of the first to thoroughly review La Premiere.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 2:30 am

Programs: AF/KL Plat, BA Gold, A3 Gold, IHG Diamond, MR Gold, HH Diamond, ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by TyPo311
It's little annoying that AF only cares about the people with Amex relationships.
Well... US based Amex members - not the others looks like.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 4:22 am

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
Orbitz called me yesterday and today and left me 2 VM. I didn't answer since I was traveling and in opposite time zone. They said that AF has canceled the tickets due to an error and Orbitz will process refund. I suppose they need my final confirmation to do so. I plan to call them back tomorrow and push to have it reinstated, if not, get some goodwill. I'm a bit disappointed that it took 18 days for Orbitz to reach out to me, though not entirely their fault since AF wasn't communicating.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 11:24 am

Programs: UA Gold/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott Plat
I posted a brief Trip Report for the outbound/77W segment of my trip in the Trip Reports forum. Feel free to check it out there:

Air France La Premiere 77W "Mistake Fare" Trip Report

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.