Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[PREM FARE GONE] AF Business Class LAX - LHR $1515

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[PREM FARE GONE] AF Business Class LAX - LHR $1515

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2018, 3:00 am

Programs: AF/KL Plat, BA Gold, A3 Gold, IHG Diamond, MR Gold, HH Diamond, ALL Platinum
The refund finally and magically showed up this morning on my Amex account for both reservations. Although I lost 50€ in the process due to currency exchange fluctuations between EUR and USD...
Old Jan 3, 2018, 3:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by palmanfr
The refund finally and magically showed up this morning on my Amex account for both reservations. Although I lost 50€ in the process due to currency exchange fluctuations between EUR and USD...
Same here. Except I paid in Euros and was refunded €30 less than they took on 19 December.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 5:32 am

Programs: Some...
Refund also showed up this morning (wasn't there on 12/29) but the transaction date was set to 12/26.

However, 10 euros for service charge weren't refunded (5 euros per ticket) so I called again and they said they will take care of that.

I asked for a compensation : I can understand the cancellation but not the "24/48h refund" that took 10 days and wasn't fully refunded...
palmanfr likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 6:08 am

Originally Posted by palmanfr
Originally Posted by irishguy28
Same here. Except I paid in Euros and was refunded €30 less than they took on 19 December.
This is where the DOT can step in to make you whole. I would contact the airline and let them know. If they refuse to refund the difference, file a complaint.
palmanfr likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 7:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
DoT requires you to give the airline a chance to rectify their mistake.

And they responded almost immediately.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 9:34 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum; Alaska MVP Gold
Still no refund here, though I got an email which confirmed a refund without the booking costs of 10 euro.
I asked them to refund the booking costs as well, haven't got an answer yet. Takes a solid bit of time this whole process..
Old Jan 3, 2018, 9:46 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
I was never charged. All that is shown are two "pending" charges - one for $1 and one for $636.61, the actual fare.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 4:34 pm
Original Member

Location: The shape-shifting urban sprawl that is El Lay. FT member #71.
Programs: UA Gold & MM; DL & AA credit card dirt status; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Fool's Gold
Originally Posted by TWA884
I was never charged. All that is shown are two "pending" charges - one for $1 and one for $636.61, the actual fare.
Same experience, although the large charge was for a roundtrip, so was just over $1,500. Took about six days before the pending charges disappeared. Believe I used a DL Amex card.
Old Jan 3, 2018, 8:06 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by Craig6z
Same experience, although the large charge was for a roundtrip, so was just over $1,500. Took about six days before the pending charges disappeared. Believe I used a DL Amex card.
Mine still show as pending when I check the current month's transactions of my Citi AAdvantage Executive MasterCard.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 4:33 am

Programs: AF/KL Plat, BA Gold, A3 Gold, IHG Diamond, MR Gold, HH Diamond, ALL Platinum
I received a nice email from the DOT stating that this case falls under the department rules based on the information I provided and will enter into their monthly stats and reports.
I can only encourage people who did not receive their refund on time or lost money in the process to file a claim to the DOT, in case the airline does not provide a satisfactory reply. That way, the rules will maybe change...
Looks like in that regard, and based on what I read, refunds for DL issued tickets got handled much better than for AF.
On the other hand I received a reply from AF customer care NL following the email I sent on the 21st of December. They said that I should contact AF reservations US to get more details on my cancellation. I call that an email for nothing 😀
Old Jan 5, 2018, 6:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by thibderoc
I asked for a compensation
Other than the service charge, you have been made whole, correct?

Good luck.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 9:17 am

Programs: Some...
Originally Posted by Repooc17
Other than the service charge, you have been made whole, correct?

Good luck.
Yes. As I paid in euros, the refund was exactly the original price minus 5 euros (and service charge is 5 euros on the ticket).
Old Jan 5, 2018, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
I bought a number of these, mostly direct with AF, but one roundtrip for Mrs. SFO777 and me with Amex. All refunds are complete but I got this interesting VM message tonight from Amex advising that AF has agree to give me a $1,000 voucher for future travel. From my Amex Travel counsellor "... I'm just reaching out to you in regards to that recent issue with the Air France tickets. It seems that with our negotiations with Air France they have agreed to compensate you for the problem and so they are going to be issuing a $1000 future travel voucher for you to use. You have a two year to use that I will need from you though if you wouldn't mind please giving me a call back..." Way to go Amex.

^
Old Jan 5, 2018, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by SFO777
I bought a number of these, mostly direct with AF, but one roundtrip for Mrs. SFO777 and me with Amex. All refunds are complete but I got this interesting VM message tonight from Amex advising that AF has agree to give me a $1,000 voucher for future travel. From my Amex Travel counsellor "... I'm just reaching out to you in regards to that recent issue with the Air France tickets. It seems that with our negotiations with Air France they have agreed to compensate you for the problem and so they are going to be issuing a $1000 future travel voucher for you to use. You have a two year to use that I will need from you though if you wouldn't mind please giving me a call back..." Way to go Amex.

^
I was already regretting not trying to book with AMEX and now I regret it even more! Nice work! ^

With my charges they never actually posted and the holds dropped off after about 10 days I guess. I paid for 2 tickets on one PNR with a Plat AMEX. Sorry for those who have had a lot of trouble to get refunds
Old Jan 5, 2018, 4:49 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA EXP - 1MM, BAEC BRZ, BVY GLD, Hilton DIA, Hyatt GLB
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by SFO777

^
Got the same call today!!!

THANK YOU AMEX

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.