Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] La/++ akl-scl-mad-hnd €570

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] La/++ akl-scl-mad-hnd €570

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2018, 2:33 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
You can't make ot work from the US west coast because you have to start in Seoul or AKL.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 2:55 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Originally Posted by beyounged
It took me 3 months to book 4 trips, an absolute pain in the bum.
Oh ..... Have you heard about opportunity cost? If I had worked more instead of trying to book this, I could easily have booked revenue business class. ;-)

That said, I think it's a good thing that this is hard to book. Nothing for the blogs that keep destroying good deals.
Catweazle likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
Oh ..... Have you heard about opportunity cost? If I had worked more instead of trying to book this, I could easily have booked revenue business class. ;-)

That said, I think it's a good thing that this is hard to book. Nothing for the blogs that keep destroying good deals.
Yep, did the calculation. 3hr each day on average and if I worked in a McDonalds I would have earned enough for a trip in J. It is simply too time consuming. Also, powerscript cannot produce referral links so the blogs have no interests
ElJudioErrante likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2018, 10:10 pm

Programs: Qantas, sq
Is MEL SCL // BOG (or anywhere in Colombia) MAD an option?

Hi guys, I'm new here and have no where near the skills other members have when it comes to finding awesome fares.
I live in Melbourne and i got to get to Colombia in june and Spain in Sep (happy to spend some time in Chile and use some frequent flyer miles to get to Colombia. I can't seem to find these great fare prices the rest of u have found. Is this an available itnerary? Any tips on how i can find anything remotely similar? Thanks
Old Mar 23, 2018, 11:25 pm

Unhappy

Originally Posted by Joshua Dunne
Hi guys, I'm new here and have no where near the skills other members have when it comes to finding awesome fares.
I live in Melbourne and i got to get to Colombia in june and Spain in Sep (happy to spend some time in Chile and use some frequent flyer miles to get to Colombia. I can't seem to find these great fare prices the rest of u have found. Is this an available itnerary? Any tips on how i can find anything remotely similar? Thanks

Sad fully it seems to be all gone. fares will show up on google flights around $800ish, but when actually trying to purchase they will shoot up another $500+ if that. Unless anyone else knows something, that seems to be the thing
Old Mar 24, 2018, 9:17 am

Originally Posted by SomethingFun
Sad fully it seems to be all gone. fares will show up on google flights around $800ish, but when actually trying to purchase they will shoot up another $500+ if that. Unless anyone else knows something, that seems to be the thing
It is still very much alive. I have dealt with multiple LA agents with this tix and they do not even bat an eye, so I would assume this ticket would be safe for the next few months as well. The trick is to keep it simple, search on ITA, then try and price it out on PL, or if you can alter the powerscript, on LA itself directly. If it works, then start adding more desired stopovers into it. However, a very thorough ITA advanced control knowledge and a full picture of LA and KE's network is required.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
It is still very much alive. I have dealt with multiple LA agents with this tix and they do not even bat an eye,
This is why we can't have nice things.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by notsosmart
This is why we can't have nice things.
then you must not know LA very well. LA's operations are a mess. out of the 5 tix I have booked or have flown, 3 had schedule changes or ticketing problems. 1 turned into an impossible connection, 1 was charged but eticket never issued, and 1 was issued a ticket but never charged. In all three cases LA generated a case and an agent came to me. In fact, one is still in the process of accommodating me on a bizarre change of schedule that pushed a segment 2 days later. It usually takes them weeks to fix a tiny problem, so if you are travelling soon I would actually recommend you to contact them before any surprises at the airport. Think before you hate.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 10:27 am

Programs: AS G75K, UA Silver
After a very, very long time toying with this, I was able to book:
ICN-HEL-AMS -stopover- MAD-GYE-SCL-MAD-FRA-PVG-KIX for $1000usd.

I'm happy because:
- 40,000+ RDM on Alaska
- FRA-PVG on LH in Biz with UA GPU

This is not an easy grab for first-time posters or those new to the game, so be warned: if you want it, keep at it.
ElJudioErrante likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 10:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
then you must not know LA very well. LA's operations are a mess. out of the 5 tix I have booked or have flown, 3 had schedule changes or ticketing problems. 1 turned into an impossible connection, 1 was charged but eticket never issued, and 1 was issued a ticket but never charged. In all three cases LA generated a case and an agent came to me. In fact, one is still in the process of accommodating me on a bizarre change of schedule that pushed a segment 2 days later. It usually takes them weeks to fix a tiny problem, so if you are travelling soon I would actually recommend you to contact them before any surprises at the airport. Think before you hate.
I stand corrected, but there was no hate implied. Too many people on here call the airlines without thinking. I've been here a long time, deals disappear because airlines notice, and one way they notice is that there are people who point them out.

Anyway, you could've just said what you meant in the first place
Old Mar 25, 2018, 10:38 pm

Programs: QF, HH
Originally Posted by ivan85
Kewl beans, now I'll have to see about longer layovers but methinks that'll get a bit tricksy!
Old Mar 26, 2018, 5:36 am

Originally Posted by notsosmart
I stand corrected, but there was no hate implied. Too many people on here call the airlines without thinking. I've been here a long time, deals disappear because airlines notice, and one way they notice is that there are people who point them out.

Anyway, you could've just said what you meant in the first place
I am sorry, should have been a bit nicer. Just a bit carried over from the frustration of dealing with LA on these tickets. I am on 2nd of the 5 tix, and it still is changing as I am flying. Also I think most of the FT'ers, bar the ones who have just started using, know to not call or contact the airline. I did not say too much about the details because do not want to give out too much, as I implied on the previous posts, this deal goes way deeper than one think. Its difficulty and malleability rivals some good trick-it fares.
notsosmart likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 9:15 am

Programs: AS G75K, UA Silver
So I ended up booking my ticket on Priceline, and nowhere can I find which fare class each segment actually booked into.

Priceline just shows "Economy"
Lufthansa shows the fare class, but omits the LATAM segments
LATAM shows all segments, but no receipt or fare class available

I'll need a concise receipt with the fare classes in order to get this to credit properly to AS. Any ideas? Saudia can't pull up the e-ticket, either...
Old Mar 28, 2018, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by pushmyredbutton
So I ended up booking my ticket on Priceline, and nowhere can I find which fare class each segment actually booked into.

Priceline just shows "Economy"
Lufthansa shows the fare class, but omits the LATAM segments
LATAM shows all segments, but no receipt or fare class available

I'll need a concise receipt with the fare classes in order to get this to credit properly to AS. Any ideas? Saudia can't pull up the e-ticket, either...
LA uses Sabre, so their reservation system is different than the ones of others, and you can see your LA PNR is just letters, while others have a combination of letters and numbers. However, everything credits normally for my flight on AS, do not worry.

for fare class and other info, try Tripcase, everything appears in the ticket, or you can get the PNR of all systems from it and check on websites of each airline involved
Old Apr 1, 2018, 11:53 pm

Programs: Compulsory Traveller
Currently in Pape’ete, having flown the first leg of my ticket (AKL-PPT-IPC-SCL-LIM-MAD-LHR-MUC-HND).

For anyone interested, an upgrade to Business Class at check-in for AKL-PPT would have cost 790NZ$, far too much for me for a 5 hour flight.

I could bid for an upgrade to Biz on LIM-MAD, which is almost 12 hours, starting at 531US$. Is it worth it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.