Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] La/++ akl-scl-mad-hnd €570

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] La/++ akl-scl-mad-hnd €570

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2018, 5:53 am

Location: KUL (MY), ICN (KR), ZRH (CH) or OTP (RO) - or somewhere in between
Programs: OZ, JL
I have been able to select seats for all segments: I used LA’s website for the LA-operated flights and IB’s website for the IB-operated flights.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 8:25 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Unfortunately I don't only have LA/IB flights, but even carriers from other alliances. Now I can't even select seats for the LA segments...
Old Feb 17, 2018, 1:09 pm

Programs: Compulsory Traveller
I have been able to select seats for all segments - TN, LA, IB, BA and NH. I tried different airlines, you can for example at least choose window or aisle for quite a few airlines (in my case TN, IB, BA and NH) with Qantas. I can't remember where I managed to select seats for IB and BA. LA worked for LA-operated flights (you do need the LA booking reference which is different from the others, I think they use Sabre). Royal Jordanian is another option for most airlines, the only problem is that they don't show which seats are occupied so you need to check somewhere else which seats are available, if you choose an unavailable seat the seat selection won't stick.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 1:20 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
I booked on the LA website and got a Sabre PNR. Seat selection did not work on the LA website, other websites couldn't pull up the Sabre PNR.
In the end I could get an Amadeus PNR out of TripCase which I could use to add my A3 number to the booking using the LH/NH websites.
The RJ/AY websites worked with neither the Sabre nor the Amadeus PNR.
Seat selection didn't work on any website.
I ended up calling NH to select seats on the *A segments (NH/OZ, partially codeshared on LH), and calling LA to select seats on the LA-operated flights.
Sigh.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by SCLflyer
it does... for 1200 USD base fare
Can you please help me find it? Can't find it myself
Old Feb 23, 2018, 2:12 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
[QUOTE=notsosmart;28933457]I didn't even try. All I know is that I'd want to avoid Iberia. JL's 787 is perfect (33" pitch) and the service is vastly superior to IB's, even in crappy Y.

I'm tempted to add this to my summer travels next year, but the fare probably won't be around long enough for me to make up my mind [/QUOT

how do i search for this ?
Old Feb 23, 2018, 11:27 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Have been able to select seats on all legs of my itineraries (all on OW carriers), but had to select the LA seats via the LA website with the LA booking reference.

Any OWEs have any luck selecting Space+ seats on the LA legs though? Or is this benefit only for LA elites?
shek3112 likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 1:16 am

Originally Posted by meesterdowntown
how do i search for this ?
u can easily force JL segments. where and when u are originating and returning? where u wanna stopover?
Old Feb 27, 2018, 7:26 am

Programs: OW Sapphire, Herz Gold, Regus Businessworld Gold
I have AKL-PPT-IPC-SCL-MAD-DXB-SEZ-DXB-HND for 8xx€. TN (Q) is not possible credit to AS, others (LA, EK) mostly with 50%. But really strange for me - LA PNR I can't see on LATAM and select seats. On TN site with its PNR is it OK, the same on EK. Interesting, that LA stock is invisible on LATAM for me....
Old Feb 27, 2018, 8:05 am

How did you book?
Old Feb 27, 2018, 8:23 am

In a GDS, where is the fare able to be found? ICN/AKL-TYO OW with LA?
Old Feb 27, 2018, 9:10 am

It’s bookable on the LA website as well.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 10:11 am

Programs: OW Sapphire, Herz Gold, Regus Businessworld Gold
Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
How did you book?
I used GF to set dates and routing - it was fastest. Book with expedia - it was possible also with Cheapoair for less. But many times same dates, same routing, same carriers - other prices. I mean +- 1000-2000€... Long time process, because I need to respect some fix dates for my travel.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 12:30 am

Programs: M&M, EC BA
988 USD for october trip
https://www.google.com/flights/?hl=p...0-25;tt=m;eo=e
Old Mar 17, 2018, 7:49 am

Programs: Plenty
I have been following this lead for a while and I an almost to book
akl ppt ipc scl eze fra tyo
any idea for swapping akl against any asian city as I will start my trip in Europe
at pesent I can book for around 1000 Euros

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.