Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] La/++ akl-scl-mad-hnd €570

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] La/++ akl-scl-mad-hnd €570

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2018, 12:00 am

Originally Posted by ritesa
Currently in Pape’ete, having flown the first leg of my ticket (AKL-PPT-IPC-SCL-LIM-MAD-LHR-MUC-HND).

For anyone interested, an upgrade to Business Class at check-in for AKL-PPT would have cost 790NZ$, far too much for me for a 5 hour flight.

I could bid for an upgrade to Biz on LIM-MAD, which is almost 12 hours, starting at 531US$. Is it worth it?
Depends on your pocket.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 2:02 am

Originally Posted by ritesa
Currently in Pape’ete, having flown the first leg of my ticket (AKL-PPT-IPC-SCL-LIM-MAD-LHR-MUC-HND).

For anyone interested, an upgrade to Business Class at check-in for AKL-PPT would have cost 790NZ$, far too much for me for a 5 hour flight.

I could bid for an upgrade to Biz on LIM-MAD, which is almost 12 hours, starting at 531US$. Is it worth it?
how much for your ticket?
Old Apr 2, 2018, 2:15 am

Programs: Compulsory Traveller
Originally Posted by skysun

how much for your ticket?

​​
Around 1000US$.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 10:26 pm

Have priced up on itamatrix: ICN-LHR-GIG-SCL // SCL-IPC // IPC-PPT // PPT-NRT for $1,239

Got 20+ hour stopovers in London and Rio too. It prices up exactly on priceline but then it gets stuck - can't click on the "continue for $1238.50/person" button. I can price it up on AA's European website for $150 extra. Any ideas?
Old Apr 4, 2018, 10:44 pm

Programs: AS G75K, UA Silver
Originally Posted by CX_newbie
Have priced up on itamatrix: ICN-LHR-GIG-SCL // SCL-IPC // IPC-PPT // PPT-NRT for $1,239

Got 20+ hour stopovers in London and Rio too. It prices up exactly on priceline but then it gets stuck - can't click on the "continue for $1238.50/person" button. I can price it up on AA's European website for $150 extra. Any ideas?
Replicate it with Google Flights, then click the "Book with Google (Priceline)" button. It will price out, may need to refresh once or twice. Seems like something changed with Priceline recently where their native site doesn't work well with redirects...
Old Apr 4, 2018, 10:45 pm

Originally Posted by beyounged
I used powertools as my trip is significantly more complicated, but PL always works. Another very useful trick I found out was that the url gf teleports you to pl errors out because they assume all flights as individual ones instead of connections, study a few bookings and you will find out changing a few "-" into "~" fixes a lot of problems.
Thanks beyounged. This did the trick. Converted my 5 segment booking into a 2 segment booking with lots of stops. Also switched to IE instead of FF or Chrome.
Old Apr 4, 2018, 11:34 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Just use the PowerTools, guys.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 12:09 am

Thanks beyounged. This did the trick. Converted my 5 segment booking into a 2 segment booking with lots of stops. Also switched to IE instead of FF or Chrome.
glad to be of help!
PL had an update after the comment you quoted, and a lot of simple itin on ITA can even error out when going to PL. There is nothing I can do but wait for the peeps on that front to update the codes. Before they do, PL is no longer a viable option. Only way to get this tix now is trial and 404 error.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 9:55 am

Did the fare stay the same or you lowered it ?
Old Apr 5, 2018, 7:56 pm

Priced at $1239. Billed in USD.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 1:10 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold

I was toying around with this tonight and got a good fare to complete on priceline. My first attempt failed so I used ExpertFlyer to look at availability by fare class. As it turned out, one of the 8 segments had zero availability in the class shown in the Itinerary from ITA Matrix. I dropped one segment, selected another, and it went through to payment on priceline.

When you price it out via AA it might be taking the next available bucket on one or more segments causing the increased fare.

As MVPG75K with AS I am only interested in flights that I can credit to Mileage Plan. I was able to get a similar AKL fare to work from SYD which actually lowered the fare. For late May I was able to do the following.

SYD-AKL QF 100% to AS A330-200
AKL-PPT TN Credit to AA A340-300
PPT-IPC-SCL-MAD LA 100% to AS 787-900 ื 3
MAD-DXB-NRT EK 50% TO AS. A380 ื 2

AS EQM 17,215 + 75K BONUS 21,519 = 38,734 RDM

Total price USD $709.30

Interesting. I may do that and then do a ow to ICN to start another from there. 😁

James
Old Apr 6, 2018, 5:26 am

Programs: Plenty
So I have to try harder
I do not get it below 990 Euros
Old Apr 6, 2018, 7:27 am

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
I was toying around with this tonight and got a good fare to complete on priceline. My first attempt failed so I used ExpertFlyer to look at availability by fare class. As it turned out, one of the 8 segments had zero availability in the class shown in the Itinerary from ITA Matrix. I dropped one segment, selected another, and it went through to payment on priceline.

When you price it out via AA it might be taking the next available bucket on one or more segments causing the increased fare.

As MVPG75K with AS I am only interested in flights that I can credit to Mileage Plan. I was able to get a similar AKL fare to work from SYD which actually lowered the fare. For late May I was able to do the following.

Total price USD $709.30

Interesting. I may do that and then do a ow to ICN to start another from there. 😁

James
congrats! The deal can be sweetened by wiggling around south america, I always build in SCL-BOG-LIM-MAD instead of SCL-MAD. gets a lot more miles for a usually 80USD more. try AY and KE for Europe-Asia segments and you will find fares easier to construct.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 7:27 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun

Total price USD $709.30

James
As I posted months ago MEL should have been even cheaper place to start.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 11:28 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by skunker
As I posted months ago MEL should have been even cheaper place to start.
I tried Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth & Darwin. Jumped about $500 for the dates in May I was checking. I was able to get higher EQM for AS using KE from Madrid to Toyko instead of EK as the KE MAD-ICN segment books into H which credits 100% to AS. Unfortunately when I looked again today the Sydney to Auckland segment is showing as a TN codeshare on QF Metal and that won't credit to AS.

James

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.