Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] La/++ akl-scl-mad-hnd €570

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[FARE GONE] La/++ akl-scl-mad-hnd €570

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2017, 6:12 am

Originally Posted by beyounged
I used powertools as my trip is significantly more complicated, but PL always works. Another very useful trick I found out was that the url gf teleports you to pl errors out because they assume all flights as individual ones instead of connections, study a few bookings and you will find out changing a few "-" into "~" fixes a lot of problems.
Even more complicated ? Actually I am also using powertools for a while now, but when asked i usually recommend BookWithMatrix as it is a good enough and easy starting point for someone new with this.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 6:18 am

Originally Posted by SVeT
Even more complicated ? Actually I am also using powertools for a while now, but when asked i usually recommend BookWithMatrix as it is a good enough and easy starting point for someone new with this.
is this an invitation of FTers for a length measuring contest? shall we do it in front of our only love GF (google flights)? :P

what I meant is it is longer than SEL-MAD-SCL-GYE-SCY-UIO-MAD-TYO many other participants of this thread do. but sure, PM me with the best you have got, challenge accepted
Old Dec 20, 2017, 6:55 am

no contest at all, I'm sure your combination is much more complicated as I was mostly just following your tips (saw MEL-SCL-MAD-NRT for 500€ months ago but never even thought about routing it over PPT, IPC and GPS before your tips, thx again). For me personally this 8 leg itinerary on 1 ticket is a personal record (and on the limit of my knowledge), for you and many other more experienced MRers it is sure just a normal thing And thx for PL tips, very appreciated.
Old Dec 24, 2017, 2:45 am

Programs: Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
I just pulled the trigger on this! The information I got from this thread was very helpful so a big thank you to all the posters.

AKL -> PPT (8 days) -> IPC (4 days) -> SCL (7 days) -> MAD (2 days) -> TYO

904 USD total

Anyone know a cheap way to get to BOB from PPT?
Old Dec 26, 2017, 2:04 pm

Programs: OW Sapphire, Herz Gold, Regus Businessworld Gold
Originally Posted by valdor
I just pulled the trigger on this! The information I got from this thread was very helpful so a big thank you to all the posters.

904 USD total

No way to get a cheap flight to BOB...., but think about an alternative ... Aremity ferry to Moorea - a beautiful island 40 minutes from PPT, that I prefer rather than Bora (on both travel regularly). lagoon tour with rays and sharks (similar to Bora), a newly opened public beach next to the Hibicus Hotel (recommended) + trip to Tetiaora from Tahiti.

Bora Bora is an icon, but it goes without her .... (Nothing against Bora Bora, I look forward to go there again in 3 months) :-)
Old Jan 2, 2018, 9:23 pm

Programs: A3 *G, Marriott Plat, AS 75K
wow didn't see this, I just returned from my Xmas vacation to SCY!

Any idea if some of the LA legs are upgradeable to J somehow for someone with no status?
Old Jan 5, 2018, 4:57 am

Programs: A3*G, LH*G, BA*G, BDP in my heart forever
BOB Alternatives

904 USD total

You will have to take Air Tahiti (iti); depending on your budget I could recommend going to Huahine or Maupiti. In terms of flight costs it will probably be the same, but staying is generally cheaper and the islands are beautiful.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 7:25 am

Programs: Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Thanks for the advice burito and toppi5000, much appreciated.

I've booked a resort on Moorea instead of Bora Bora. This will save me the cost of the flight to BOB (nearly 500 USD) and from my research Moorea seems to have some very nice hiking trails, something I'm very excited about.

I've also booked flights to Tierra Del Fuego for my SCL stop. For those who are interested, Sky Airlines has flights as cheap as 52 USD return between SCL and PUQ (Punta Arenas). You can get a bus directly from the airport to Puerto Natales and from there you can join a day tour to Torres Del Paine. https://www.skyairline.com/english
Old Jan 5, 2018, 7:52 am

Thanks for the advice burito and toppi5000, much appreciated.

I've booked a resort on Moorea instead of Bora Bora. This will save me the cost of the flight to BOB (nearly 500 USD) and from my research Moorea seems to have some very nice hiking trails, something I'm very excited about.

I've also booked flights to Tierra Del Fuego for my SCL stop. For those who are interested, Sky Airlines has flights as cheap as 52 USD return between SCL and PUQ (Punta Arenas). You can get a bus directly from the airport to Puerto Natales and from there you can join a day tour to Torres Del Paine. https://www.skyairline.com/english
I highly recommend staying at least a night in Refugio Chileano or Paine Grande, not cheap but gives you the opportunity to hike up to see the towers, absolutely one of the highlights of my life.

just finished SEL-MAD-SCL-CJC//ARI-SCL-MAD-FRA-HEL-PVG(-ICN-HND), what a wonderful trip!
KE to MAD load factor is poor, barely 30%, so poor man's biz was awesome on such a large legroom config. free instant noodles was a great snack, along with rice bun between meals. thumbs up!
LA flights have those one tray type of catering, not enough to keep me fed, had to ask for seconds. You have to enter and exit EU on KE to LA connection, due to the air side terminal bus not running at the time, so beware if one needs visa.
MAD airport looks nice but is a real pain to get around, distances are enormous, from deplaning KE903 to gate for LA is a solid 70 minute process. (walk 15min to immigration to outside to 15 min bus ride to check in to security to stairs to train to stairs to 5 min walk)
On LA704 you enter EU in FRA and not MAD, but the transit is painless. all LA longhaul flights had great load.
first time taking AY, shocked by the Chinese factor of the entire experience. HEL has special counters for Chinese assistance, every shop assistant is Chinese speaking, all signage has Chinese. On the A350 to PVG it is even crazier: all signage comes in Chinese only in lav, with a few English as well, but the entire plane has no Finnish signage. In the seatback there is only 2 shopping books and no BLUE WINGS magazine(everyone's seat is like this), maybe they realized Chinese love shopping and cannot read English so they ditched their own in flight magazine!? announcements are made in the order of Chinese, then English, and when FA feels like it, Finnish. Ethnically Chinese, I seriously feel flattered yet scared, I would be furious if my country flag carrier does not even speak my language anymore! I think AY can become the 5th big international Mainland Chinese carrier lol. CZ, MU, CA, HU, AY, then MF

loved this trip, got over 40k miles as MVP75K, 10/10 would do it again.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 12:55 pm

Programs: BD AB CO

904 USD total

Moorea is a good choice, the scenery looks spectacular. I eventualy decided to go for Bora Bora, though but hopefully I'll have time to take a day trip on the ferry to Moorea as well. I almost gave up on Bora Bora due to the insane £300+ air fares but a free night at the Conrad was waiting for me there so I persevered. Eventualy I used a Chrome browser extention to access the local airtahiti.pf website and booked the return trip from PPT to BOB for £193. Choosing a flight with one or two stops between PPT and BOB should get some nice senic flying time which helps to justify the cost. If you are located outside French Polynesia you are automaticaly redirected to the more expensive airtahiti.com and .fr sites, hence the need for a browser axtention that allows you to set your
location to French Polynesia.

Last edited by andymac66; Feb 9, 2018 at 10:54 am
Old Feb 9, 2018, 10:47 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Is it still possible to somehow start this fare in SIN/KUL/BKK or the likes? Or would I need to position to SEL/AKL?
Old Feb 11, 2018, 9:26 am

ICN-MAD-SCL-SIN-HND, $8XX, any cheaper finding? As long as can stopover in SCL & SIN?
Old Feb 15, 2018, 11:09 pm

Programs: Latam Pass
Hello guys. Do you know if this works departuring from and ending in SCL?
Cheers!
Old Feb 16, 2018, 12:17 pm

Programs: LATAM Black; AA EXP
Originally Posted by nosequeponersiestatodoocupado
Hello guys. Do you know if this works departuring from and ending in SCL?
Cheers!
it does... for 1200 USD base fare
Old Feb 17, 2018, 4:25 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Has anyone been able to select seats (BAEC Gold/LATAM Black member here)?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.